PDA

View Full Version : I have never noticed this before...

LottaKash
06-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Just when I think that I have seen mostly all....

Tonite at Mohawk, a 3yo will be making his 2013 debut...

His name is ODDS ON EQUULEUS...He is a really nice horse, and should be a major player, and a force to be reckoned with this year, I think...

But what is odd tho, at least to me, is this guy's last 1/4's....I mean I have never seen this before, for any horse at any age...

In all 10 of his posted running lines, of which 3 are his most recent pre-debut Qualifiers, in every single line, his last 1/4's were run in 26 second (and change of course) Quarters....

Even the 3-Qualifiers ?... (26.4, 26.3, 26) and note his most recent Qua was in 150.3 !!

The other 7-races were last year as a 2-YO !....26.2, 26.3, 26.4, 26.4, 26, 26.1, & 26.3...

In his most recent Qua. he ran the back to back 3/4 times of that race in 123.4 & 122.3

In 2012, as a 2-yo, in addition to all of those fast 26's, his final 3/4 times in order were :.. 122.3, 121.4, 121.2, 121.3, 121.4, 123.2 & 123....!!!

Or, how about these individual final halves from those same 7- 2yo races..55, 55.2, 53.3, 54.2, 53.3, 54.2, 54.2...!!!!

Now I don't know about anyone else, but for me, those are some "FREAKY FAST" numbers....FrigginFreaky for any horse at any age...

I think between this guy and Captain Treacherous, something historical is going to happen....Can't wait to see it...

cmp92
06-01-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm excited too for the NA Cup. Eliminations start next Saturday. Would have loved to see Captaintreacherous go in the Somebeachsomewhere tonight. These two are really something else.

That most recent qualifier is insane. Horses typically improve after qualifiers, meaning he's going to be pushing some monster miles. The consistency of 26 final quarters is scary, he can mow down anyone in that stretch at Mohawk with ease.

wiffleball whizz
06-01-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm excited too for the NA Cup. Eliminations start next Saturday. Would have loved to see Captaintreacherous go in the Somebeachsomewhere tonight. These two are really something else.

That most recent qualifier is insane. Horses typically improve after qualifiers, meaning he's going to be pushing some monster miles. The consistency of 26 final quarters is scary, he can mow down anyone in that stretch at Mohawk with ease.

Sounds a little like hurricane king cole....last year horse had a rumored world record mile.....well see how this horse does

Sinner369
06-01-2013, 03:26 PM
You are spot on Kash..........this is the first post I've seen on the 3 year pacers for this year.........Captaintreacherous, Normandy Invasion, and Odds On Equuleus, and others will hopefully make this a memorable year for harness racing.

Just hope that they don't draw into the same divisions for next weeks eliminations. I believe that Normandy Invasion is not eligible for the NA Cup.

But these particular three horses can all go under 1:50 so it should be exciting!

LottaKash
06-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Sounds a little like hurricane king cole....last year horse had a rumored world record mile.....well see how this horse does

Yes, and last year, I had HKK on track to win many more races than he actuallyt did...He had such raw speed and acceleration lurking within....But, in the end, as it turned out, a couple of those big miles hurt him a bit I think, and subsequently, after that he seemed to have this built in governor, and it just seemed that he couldn't get past that threshold any longer....Still he was a monster on the front end, but, I always thought that he did his most effective runs when stalking or asked for that awesome late burst ...

I hope that is not the case also with OOE.....Also, I noticed by way of his pre-debut Quals that he did all of that racing in those races, on the engine....Perhaps this was a training thing and this will change the way he races, which most of last year, was coming on like a runaway freight-train late in the miles....

Should be a fun and interesting year for the 3's...

P.S....Did anyone notice how good and plentiful it is with the 4-YO's this year ?...Lots of great 3's are coming back this year, and I believe that this is in contrast to so many previous years, where most of the great-3's were taken out of service so much earlier in their careers, compared to the early glory days of harness racing...

I am quite pleased to see this....I hope this begins a new trend in Harness...

cmp92
06-01-2013, 11:17 PM
No luck for him tonight.

Sinner369
06-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Both of the division winners look good........Vegas Vacation 1:48:3 and Sunshine Beach 1:49:2...........cannot wait for next weeks NA Cup Eliminations when all the big boys are here (at Mohawk).................

imofe
06-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Just when I think that I have seen mostly all....

Tonite at Mohawk, a 3yo will be making his 2013 debut...

His name is ODDS ON EQUULEUS...He is a really nice horse, and should be a major player, and a force to be reckoned with this year, I think...

But what is odd tho, at least to me, is this guy's last 1/4's....I mean I have never seen this before, for any horse at any age...

In all 10 of his posted running lines, of which 3 are his most recent pre-debut Qualifiers, in every single line, his last 1/4's were run in 26 second (and change of course) Quarters....

Even the 3-Qualifiers ?... (26.4, 26.3, 26) and note his most recent Qua was in 150.3 !!

The other 7-races were last year as a 2-YO !....26.2, 26.3, 26.4, 26.4, 26, 26.1, & 26.3...

In his most recent Qua. he ran the back to back 3/4 times of that race in 123.4 & 122.3

In 2012, as a 2-yo, in addition to all of those fast 26's, his final 3/4 times in order were :.. 122.3, 121.4, 121.2, 121.3, 121.4, 123.2 & 123....!!!

Or, how about these individual final halves from those same 7- 2yo races..55, 55.2, 53.3, 54.2, 53.3, 54.2, 54.2...!!!!

Now I don't know about anyone else, but for me, those are some "FREAKY FAST" numbers....FrigginFreaky for any horse at any age...

I think between this guy and Captain Treacherous, something historical is going to happen....Can't wait to see it...

This horse was sick and just starting eating again yesterday. I don't know if this 3yo will be full strength for Saturday, but I think will be fine down the road.