PDA

View Full Version : 30 MTP post question

Suff
02-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Mike..

I think Tracks have the right to sell thier signal or open thier pools to whomever they choose. Your 30MTP only allows me to say they can do it because off shores have an unfair advantage.

I think they can restrict accces, but not because of an edge.

Limited options on this weeks 30 MTP query

PaceAdvantage
02-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Ummmm..not sure I follow....

Sure they can restrict their signal to anyone they please. I don't understand what might be wrong with the wording.

They are restricting their pools from some places offshore, correct? And their reasoning is that these places are winning too much and hurting the onshore players, correct?

Suff
02-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Ummmm..not sure I follow....

Sure they can restrict their signal to anyone they please. I don't much and hurting the onshore players, correct?

In the moste recent article posted yes.. the Tampa example.

Its no big deal. Its a 2 part affirmative that I can only agree with one part of.
Tracks have the right to restrict...Yes. wether or not offshores are bad for every track is a point I'm not sure of.

BillW
02-22-2004, 04:04 PM
It is comlicated. I can see tracks getting pissed about partial participation in their pools. i.e. offshore outfits just placing winning players into the US pools ... big time damage here. Over all should not be as big a problem, especially for the track who just collect their take.

Probably the issue for the tracks is that they cannot audit the offshore outfits to verify that they are not withholding the losers from the pools so they either accept all their wagers or shut them completely off completely

Bill