PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting way too many pop up ads

so.cal.fan
05-31-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm on Google Home Page and using Windows 7.
I have AVG anti-virus software.
What else should I do?

Also, I would like to know if it's safer to buy things online or by phone?
Or is there any difference?

Thanks in advance for any ideas

woodtoo
05-31-2013, 04:23 PM
For pop ups try "Tools" then "0ptions" click on content,pop up options should appear. Hope this helps.

Longshot6977
05-31-2013, 06:14 PM
If using IE9, click on the Privacy tab instead of the Content tab to turn on the pop-up blocker.

If you buy things online, you sometimes get a small discount instead of phoning(less manpower needed I guess for the vendor). You should get e-mail notifications/order updates using either method with a valid e-mail address. But if you phone, you can ask questions instead of using the Chat window. Your choice. But I believe using the web is a little more secure IMO since a live operator inputs your personal info and has direct access to it.

tupper
06-01-2013, 01:39 AM
Another thing to try is to disable javascript (not java) in your web browser.

You can always re-enable javascript if a web site requires it.

so.cal.fan
06-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Good tips, guys.
Longshot....thanks for your comment on the purchase of items via phone vs online.
We never had any problem with online purchases, then my husband ordered via phone from a well known company. It may be a coincidence, but we are thinking that was the problem.
Be very careful when the phone sales rep asks too many questions. That is what we think happened. I complained to the company, and hopefully, they will correct this.

yesman3000
06-09-2013, 08:21 PM
try this it works

http://www.adfender.com/

JJMartin
06-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Adblock plus is free, blocks ads all over the place, even youtube and facebook