PDA

View Full Version : New Trainer at Monmouth

fiveouttasix
05-31-2013, 05:54 AM
Andrew Mitchell...15 starts at the meet with 4 wins & 4 seconds. He has 5 entered on Friday. That seems to be a lot of action for a new guy...Does anyone know if he was an assistant or took over for someone?

wiffleball whizz
05-31-2013, 06:05 AM
Andrew Mitchell...15 starts at the meet with 4 wins & 4 seconds. He has 5 entered on Friday. That seems to be a lot of action for a new guy...Does anyone know if he was an assistant or took over for someone?

I don't like the sound of it.....reminds me of that track with everybody's favorite announcer

lamboguy
05-31-2013, 06:27 AM
he is not new, he is just the name for Guiseppe Indeserno if i am correct

wiffleball whizz
05-31-2013, 06:55 AM
he is not new, he is just the name for Guiseppe Indeserno if i am correct

Is mr indeserno suspended or banned from mth/nj?

fiveouttasix
05-31-2013, 07:32 AM
Is mr indeserno suspended or banned from mth/nj?
That is what I was wondering also...I have hit quite a few Iadisernia trained horses (Trainers being a big part of my handicapping) on the other side of the coin is Graham Motion who the next time I cash will be my first...If I bet him - he runs up the track...I leave him out & he pays $20

anyone else find that with certain Trainers?

lamboguy
05-31-2013, 07:50 AM
Is mr indeserno suspended or banned from mth/nj?i don't think so, he's always been a pretty decent trainer.

on another subject, if you have a trainer that i call a "throwback guy", meaning a guy that gets to the bottom of what is bothering a horse instead of immediately treating the horse with syringes and other chemicals, you will be much better off as an owner in the long run. often times when something bothers a horse, the problem is really somewhere else other than where problem shows up. when you just treat the problem the injury will re occur over and over again until those temporary fixes don't work any longer. getting to the bottom of a horse is a real art and most trainer's and vet's can't do it. the big outfits that have many horses usually don't have the time for this.

lamboguy
05-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Is mr indeserno suspended or banned from mth/nj?there are a lot of trainers that run horses under different names for different reasons, none of them illegal. Patricia Faro is really Mike Faro, Patrick McBurney is really John Forbes, a questionable one is Eddie Aurewater for the ghost of Johnnie McCaslin via Jayne Vaders. heres one that not to many people know about and this guy is one of the very best trainers--Lynne Scace for Raymond Stifano.

there are many more of these types and some that i don't know about.

Milkshaker
05-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Do a Google news archives search going back to at least 1982 for Ray Stifano, and you will see the multiple reasons (horse swithcing, med violations) why horses cannot run in his name as a licensed trainer.

duncan04
05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
TVG just interviewed him. He was in Florida. He managed and trained at a training center by Calder

NJ Stinks
05-31-2013, 04:57 PM
there are a lot of trainers that run horses under different names for different reasons, none of them illegal. Patricia Faro is really Mike Faro, Patrick McBurney is really John Forbes, a questionable one is Eddie Aurewater for the ghost of Johnnie McCaslin via Jayne Vaders. heres one that not to many people know about and this guy is one of the very best trainers--Lynne Scace for Raymond Stifano.

there are many more of these types and some that i don't know about.

This is great info, Lamboguy! I was wondering what happened to John Forbes.

alhattab
05-31-2013, 07:18 PM
My understanding is that he is somehow connected to Iadiserina and, like Iadiserina is a Seventh Day Adventist and therefore does not run on Saturdays.

chadk66
05-31-2013, 10:31 PM
you hit the nail right on the head. it's amazing the number of ailments that are located in the knee or ankle that are really being caused by foot issues, etc.

Bluto Blutarsky
06-02-2013, 09:22 AM
http://www.monmouthpark.com/news.aspx?id=7289

alhattab
06-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks Bluto. Also, I did a little digging and saw that Mitchell did have a record from 2011- he was 0 for 20 with 2 thirds.

onefast99
06-02-2013, 10:35 AM
I purchased a few horses from John Shaw. Maybe lambo knows where he is now?

CryingForTheHorses
06-03-2013, 02:35 PM
TVG just interviewed him. He was in Florida. He managed and trained at a training center by Calder

Andrew has worked for GI at his training center that GI bought several years ago.GI fixed this training center located beside the training track at Calder.Andrew has worked very hard and is a good guy and I believe he is very honest and hard working.Please just because someone is doing well,Please dont assume he is a cheat!!!

andicap
06-04-2013, 05:56 PM
My understanding is that he is somehow connected to Iadiserina and, like Iadiserina is a Seventh Day Adventist and therefore does not run on Saturdays.

The story indicates that Mitchell is NOT a Seventh Day Adventist but respects his religious beliefs.