PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone care about the Monsanto scandal?

so.cal.fan
05-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Obama signed the bill to let these criminals off the hook, world wide.
Putin told Kerry that the U.S. would get into a war over this GMO (genetic manufactured organisms) Putin is very concerned about the fact that Monsanto and friends are killing off the bee population of the planet.
He thinks that if the bees are killed off by GMOs, the entire population of the planet is in danger.
Our food here in the US. is being poisoned and they are now spreading this plague around the world. It's very bad. Putin will not allow GMOs in Russia.
Many European countries will not allow them, even though their governments okayed them (probably bought off like our Senate and White House).

I attended the March against Monsanto last Saturday in Los Angeles.
There were over 2000 people downtown protesting. The mainstream media viturally ignored us. Some "columnists" actually ridiculed the protesters, calling them "cartoon characters". This is the same thing they did to the Tea Party and the Occupy Wall Street people.
Most of the people at this L.A. march were younger people, many families, with their children were there. These people are very concerned. Many people from all different political views were there. There was the Tea Party type crowd, protesting against government for not allowing labeling of these GMO's in markets and blasting Obama for supporting Monsanto.
There were far left groups there, but mostly just young families.

Anyone concerned about these GMO's please check out this excellent information website.
http://naturalsociety.com/

This is not a left vs right issue. In my humble opinion it is far more important than any of the many scandals (horrible as they are) it's far more important than the so called "global warming" hoax.

Please anyone who cares about this, join the protests.

ElKabong
05-30-2013, 10:51 PM
I have to say, I hadn't heard much about this.

Two things I've noticed....One, we used to have a LOT of honey bees in our neighborhood prior to 1995 or so. Had honeysuckle growing on fences, was very unique and pleasant. The past 10-15 yrs or so they've all but vanished

I dated a lady from NJ years ago, her mother would comment 'you don't see many butterflies anymore'....and she's right.

so.cal.fan
05-30-2013, 11:02 PM
El K. There are still honey bee's around areas that aren't using pesticides and GMO's (Organic). You see them. Other large areas they have virtually disappeared.

Check out:
NonGMOShoppingGuide.com

or if you have an iPhone....you can get a free app at
ShopNoGMO

Today I was in Whole Foods in Pasadena, Ca. hadn't been there in a while and was amazed at the number of now labeled NON-GMO foods. It's doubled.
Check out your dairy sections of your market.....many, many more labels that say our cows are not given hormones, etc.
People are paying the extra price for clean and safe food.

Everyone should commit to buying the best quality food you can afford.
If more and more people do this....these people who are poisoning us will be bankrupt, and as everyone here knows...EVERYTHING IS ALL ABOUT MONEY.

Also, check these websites and note who our crooked congressmen and senators are who are getting big donations from Monsanto.
They own most, if not all the mainstream TV news, they own the White House, which is no big shock to many on this board.

A friend of mine who was an Obama supporter, now a born again Against Monsanto patriot.....got three emails from the Obama/Democrat Party fundraisers, asking for money. She wrote back.....take me off your mailing list. I un-subscribe. They asked WHY....three times....the third time she answered in two words.....MONSANTO, F**K.

FantasticDan
05-30-2013, 11:12 PM
Putin told Kerry that the U.S. would get into a war over this GMO (genetic manufactured organisms) Putin is very concerned about the fact that Monsanto and friends are killing off the bee population of the planet.
He thinks that if the bees are killed off by GMOs, the entire population of the planet is in danger.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/monsanto.asp

so.cal.fan
05-30-2013, 11:16 PM
SNOPES is a left wing mainstream media website.
Always has been.
If you believe them, Dan......I hope you will be betting in the same mutual pools as I do. :lol:

FantasticDan
05-30-2013, 11:21 PM
http://forum.maplewoodonline.com/uploads/FileUpload/ed/0b814564668614c999863fbf900623.jpg

nijinski
05-30-2013, 11:30 PM
El K. There are still honey bee's around areas that aren't using pesticides and GMO's (Organic). You see them. Other large areas they have virtually disappeared.

Check out:
NonGMOShoppingGuide.com

or if you have an iPhone....you can get a free app at
ShopNoGMO

Today I was in Whole Foods in Pasadena, Ca. hadn't been there in a while and was amazed at the number of now labeled NON-GMO foods. It's doubled.
Check out your dairy sections of your market.....many, many more labels that say our cows are not given hormones, etc.
People are paying the extra price for clean and safe food.

Everyone should commit to buying the best quality food you can afford.
If more and more people do this....these people who are poisoning us will be bankrupt, and as everyone here knows...EVERYTHING IS ALL ABOUT MONEY.

Also, check these websites and note who our crooked congressmen and senators are who are getting big donations from Monsanto.
They own most, if not all the mainstream TV news, they own the White House, which is no big shock to many on this board.

A friend of mine who was an Obama supporter, now a born again Against Monsanto patriot.....got three emails from the Obama/Democrat Party fundraisers, asking for money. She wrote back.....take me off your mailing list. I un-subscribe. They asked WHY....three times....the third time she answered in two words.....MONSANTO, F**K.

Speaking of committing to buy the best quality food you can afford .
Whole Foods is just not affordable to the average family with children . In fact a good deal of the labeled "natural" foods is not within their budget .

I understand a lot of what you're saying and I certainly don't like hormones and antibiotics in meat and produce . Not many choices though .

Steve 'StatMan'
05-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks Fantastic Dan - I've been wondering about all the angry rhetoric I read about this topic, and I am still waiting to find out real research and testing from a reputable scientific organization and reported by a non-biased, reality based news organization. Glad to get some good confirmation of my suspicions, and will continue to wait until any such groups prove such claims.

I usually keep don't post about this to keep my friendships with friends who are adamant about these claims being 'true'. Usually I find them coming from my alternative-thinking friends (my atheist childhood friend and his new Wicken wife, both left-thinking and voting people, and are into the various Indian Protest issues in Florida and elsewhere), and while I am concerned about the bees (most like the causes of their deaths that I have read are funguses and really nasty mites that actually bore into the bee's brains and take over control of the bee) I'm not buying the anti-GMO stance just yet, but will occasionally patiently listen/read. I've seen videos supposed of cows refusing to eat an ear of GMO corn, and pictures of supposed GMO corn not eaten by the squirles when left out with a non-GMO ear of corn. Frankly, if you only let them eat GMO corn, I'm very sure they'll eat it. At least when they are hungry. And I have no source to prove that these little experiments are on the up-and-up either. A lot of money and fame can be had by being a player in the new anti-GMO movement, just like a lot of money and fame have come to those at the forefront of the Global Warming, esp. the Human Caused preacher/investors like Al Gore.

I'll need a lot more proof about GMO food. Global Warming may happen, Human Caused, I don't believe. And those with Global Warming, if they are really serious about it, should stop trying to change behaviors, industries and governments, too hard to do that, and no guarantee that the changes will work in time, or that something else won't happen. Instead, they better start the planning and fundrasing for the dams, earth walls and barriers to keep the coastal waters out, if that is even possible. Put THEIR money on the line. With a credible plan.

Sorry for going off a bit Diane. You're great. This is just something I differ in opinion about. The World Health Organization is already trying to talk up the virtues of eating bugs to solve world hunger. I don't think we should get rid of things that greatly help the billions that currently get fed. Both non-GMO and GMO should be produced until it is found to be bad to do otherwise, on either side of this issue.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-30-2013, 11:40 PM
I have to say, I hadn't heard much about this.

Two things I've noticed....One, we used to have a LOT of honey bees in our neighborhood prior to 1995 or so. Had honeysuckle growing on fences, was very unique and pleasant. The past 10-15 yrs or so they've all but vanished

I dated a lady from NJ years ago, her mother would comment 'you don't see many butterflies anymore'....and she's right.

The crows in the midwest went away for about a decade in northern IL, but they have come back. Some illness was likely at it - maybe something they were catching from the mosquittos - they might have taken a much harder hit from West Nile Virus than us humans have.

Hopefully any/all causes for the bee population problem can be figured out in the near future. Polinization is vital to food production, flowers, etc. I can't deny that.

so.cal.fan
05-30-2013, 11:47 PM
http://tv.naturalsociety.com/11-year-old-takes-down-monsanto-ted-talk/

Light
05-31-2013, 02:04 AM
I've been buying organic fruits and vegetables for the last 35 years. When my kids were born, I raised them with organic milk without growth hormones. Not only do I prefer my food without chemicals,pesticides and hormones, but find the minor added cost cheap insurance against cancer and disease.

Such a travesty that Obama has been bought by the Monsato lobbyists. They are a very powerful corporation, but considering how Obama's wife has been outspoken for healthy children's school lunches,this is an embarrassment as well.

In the 1950's they came out with Asbestos and everyone claimed it as a wonder material with so many uses to make life easier. Like GM foods, it was placed into the American society before sufficient research and testing. Should GM foods turn out to be the Franken foods some say they may be, the lawsuits and repercussions will be much greater and costlier than the after affects of Asbestos today since we all eat these GM foods.Not everyone was exposed to Asbestos in a direct way as we all are eating a potentially harmful product.

I couldn't believe that people in California voted against labeling food that is GM, mainly due to the strong advertising campaign by Monsanto. Obviously Monsanto cares about their wallets first and secondly about their products affects on consumers. However, many that voted against labeling GM foods, are now becoming aware that they were lied to and becoming aware of the potential harm these foods can have. The March against Monsanto is one indication.

Light
05-31-2013, 02:23 AM
From Article:

After his victory in the 2008 election, Obama filled key posts with Monsanto people, in federal agencies that wield tremendous force in food issues, the USDA and the FDA:

Obama was, all along, a stealth operative on behalf of Monsanto, biotech, GMOs, and corporate control of the future of agriculture.

http://www.infowars.com/how-did-barack-obama-become-monsantos-man-in-washington/

Dahoss2002
05-31-2013, 02:37 AM
IMHO Monsanto is evil. They own more politicians than any other entity I can think of. "Control the food supply and you can control the world". That is their goal i think.

DJofSD
05-31-2013, 10:48 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-31/escaped-wheat-shows-difficulty-of-keeping-tests-on-farm.html

As it established test plots for its genetically modified wheat, Monsanto Co. (MON) (MON) imposed tight rules, such as forcing researchers to burn or ship back leftover seeds. It wasn’t enough.

Almost a decade after Monsanto (MON) abandoned plans to sell a herbicide-resistant wheat variety, plants with that genetic makeup were found in an Oregon farm field, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said this week. Inspectors are trying to determine how the strain turned up years later and how widely it may have spread. Development tests were allowed in 16 states.

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2013, 10:50 AM
There's no scandal. If it weren't for Monsanto, millions of people around the world be starving - literally.

so.cal.fan
05-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Saratoga Mike is obviously either an idiot or an operative of the government liars.
I'm not going to bother looking back on your posts, but I'll bet you also claimed that that video shot in Duarte (a few miles down the street from where I live) was the cause of the Bengazi scandal.
You are the classic example of the "Luciferic Inversion" turn truth into falsehood and falsehood into truth. It's the "obama way".

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Saratoga Mike is obviously either an idiot or an operative of the government liars.
I'm not going to bother looking back on your posts, but I'll bet you also claimed that that video shot in Duarte (a few miles down the street from where I live) was the cause of the Bengazi scandal.
You are the classic example of the "Luciferic Inversion" turn truth into falsehood and falsehood into truth. It's the "obama way".

What a substantive response. I won't reply to you anymore except to say you're way off on my politics, and most of those who have an issue with Monsanto lean-left, making your logic fuzzy to say the least. Good luck.

atlasaxis
05-31-2013, 11:41 AM
http://planet.infowars.com/health/seeds-of-death-full-movie-march-against-monsanto-special-gary-null-releases-his-movie-seeds-of-death

so.cal.fan
05-31-2013, 11:41 AM
http://naturalsociety.com/illinois-ag-department-seizes-privately-owned-bees-resistant-gmo-poison/

GameTheory
05-31-2013, 11:49 AM
re: help out the bees

Don't kill your dandelions in the spring. Most people wipe 'em out as soon as they can as weeds, but they are the first food for the bees early in the season before the rest of the flowers have bloomed...

DJofSD
05-31-2013, 11:53 AM
There's no scandal. If it weren't for Monsanto, millions of people around the world be starving - literally.
There's a large element of unintended consequences here.

We'll see if eventually the end justifies the means.

P.S. While I am aware of the missing bees issue and others like those posted in links earlier in this thread, I am also a bit skeptical about claims linking items together. It reminds me very much of global warming/climate change. There is cause and effect along with remembering correlation is not causation. I think it is important to be cautious and skeptical but it will become a political hot potato b/c of the large amount of money and power involved.

Tom
05-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Nature is adapting.
With GW causing warmer winters, we have to cut back on the bees.
btw, I got stung by one in my kitchen last night.

Yes, I killed it.
And laughed!

DJofSD
05-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Nature is adapting.
With GW causing warmer winters, we have to cut back on the bees.
btw, I got stung by one in my kitchen last night.

Yes, I killed it.
And laughed!
Don't feel guilty - they die after they sting any ways!

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2013, 12:08 PM
There's a large element of unintended consequences here.

We'll see if eventually the end justifies the means.

P.S. While I am aware of the missing bees issue and others like those posted in links earlier in this thread, I am also a bit skeptical about claims linking items together. It reminds me very much of global warming/climate change. There is cause and effect along with remembering correlation is not causation. I think it is important to be cautious and skeptical but it will become a political hot potato b/c of the large amount of money and power involved.

That's reasonable.

so.cal.fan
05-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Is Obama the "shadow CEO" of Monsanto? :lol:

DJofSD
05-31-2013, 12:56 PM
That's reasonable.
If you can get past the "current politics" aspects of the following, here is an article about the political nature of unintended consequences: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-30/an-unintended-consequence-of-obama-s-presidency.html

LottaKash
05-31-2013, 02:43 PM

Do you really believe that stuff ?

If you do then I would ask you this:..Why in the world would so many countries "BAN" Monsanto "Franken-Seeds"...

Sincerely speaking, I just don't believe that you've done enough of homework about the evilness of Monsanto....

Monsanto wants to own food....Plain and simple....The are busy at work Genetically Modifying so many different types of Seeds, so that once they get the patents and get the Farmers to buy their seeds and only their seeds, they will eventuallyt "OWN-FOOD" and all the rights that pertain to it....

There are some very brave and "SMART" people investigating this company and the damage they are doing to our people and planet....One has only to do a little digging on the net to see what is really "TRUE" about Monsanto and other companies of their evil-ilk....

I suggest that anyone that would take exception about what I have just said, just do some homework and it will "quickly" become quite evident about what Monsanto is reall up to and what their ultimate object is....

Their seeds do not work period....They are not good for us, the environment, or the other Flora and Fauna in our realm....PERIOD...

If anyone consumes anything these days that has to do with "CORN" and "SOYBEANS" they are at great risk healthwise....The long term jury is still out but the evidence so far is not pleasing to know for us...

One study showed how Monsanto's GMO CORN can actually create a "Pesticide" "WITHIN" the human body...This is what Monsanto is doing with their "Roundup Ready" GMO seeds....You are making "Roundup Pesticide and Herbicide" in your body...

And Soybeans, other than "Fermented Forms of It", are essentially toxic to the human system in their raw state, and it puts a great stress on the human anatomy....So just imagine, long term, what the outcome of the Human Race will be when there are no there are no longer any "Alternatives" to Monsanto's FrankenSeeds ?????

The government has raided numerous sincere and dedicated scientists and workers that have come quite close to producing their evidence, especially about the Bees and Butterfiies, about how dangerous the FrankenSeeds are to mankind, and guess what?....They were silenced and their evidence(s) were destroyed....Shows you what is really going on in this nation these days...

The bugs are dying, the bees, the Butterflies etc. are absent in such great numbers that it is very scary for the outlook of our Nation's-Food Suppy....The things that are dying off are so vital in God's growing-strategy, and they are going by the wayside at a most alarming rate these days...

F**K MONSANTO, plain and simple....They mean much harm to us...And there are people who can prove this....

Follow the MONEY.....:eek:

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2013, 02:49 PM

F**K MONSANTO, plain and simple....They mean much harm to us...And there are people who can prove this....

Yes, it's undeniable what Monsanto's technology has done for crop yields (e.g., compare Russian yields to American). As another poster said, perhaps the ends won't justify the means...we'll see.

RaceBookJoe
05-31-2013, 03:02 PM
Yes, it's undeniable what Monsanto's technology has done for crop yields (e.g., compare Russian yields to American). As another poster said, perhaps the ends won't justify the means...we'll see.

They might be increasing "crop yields" but it sure as hell isnt food. Just willful poisoning of people. World hunger could be ended almost instantly if we stopped wasting land and resourses on livestock and started growing real food instead. But you see, just like the medical industry, its not about the good of the people..its all about the might dollar.

DJofSD
05-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Finding a solution to getting rid of the dictators and despots that undermine the efforts of those trying to solve problems of lack of water and food in areas like Africa would go a long ways towards less people dying in the world.

so.cal.fan
05-31-2013, 03:24 PM
:jump: Great post. LC. You are one of the brave ones! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2013, 03:50 PM
They might be increasing "crop yields" but it sure as hell isnt food. Just willful poisoning of people. World hunger could be ended almost instantly if we stopped wasting land and resourses on livestock and started growing real food instead. But you see, just like the medical industry, its not about the good of the people..its all about the might dollar.

So are you a vegetarian? I'm not criticizing if you are (you mentioned wasting resources on livestock), so please don't take that question the wrong way.

What's more harmful to the American people - processed food immersed in sodium or genetically modified crops? I think it's the former, but I understand the long-term unknowns of the latter. Of course people have choices and they don't have to eat processed foods. Maybe more transparency is the answer (e.g., what Whole Foods is doing on the GMO front). Why not give people a choice? I might want to buy cheaper GMO food and you want to eat more expensive non-GMO food.

so.cal.fan
05-31-2013, 05:10 PM
That is what the PROTESTS were mainly about, at least in Los Angeles.
WE WANT EVERYTHING LABLED. WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE EATING.

DJofSD
05-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Refresh my memory: wasn't there a proposition on the CA ballot last November for truth in food labels that was defeated?

johnhannibalsmith
05-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Refresh my memory: wasn't there a proposition on the CA ballot last November for truth in food labels that was defeated?

Yes.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/08/health/california-gm-foods

RaceBookJoe
05-31-2013, 07:05 PM
So are you a vegetarian? I'm not criticizing if you are (you mentioned wasting resources on livestock), so please don't take that question the wrong way.

What's more harmful to the American people - processed food immersed in sodium or genetically modified crops? I think it's the former, but I understand the long-term unknowns of the latter. Of course people have choices and they don't have to eat processed foods. Maybe more transparency is the answer (e.g., what Whole Foods is doing on the GMO front). Why not give people a choice? I might want to buy cheaper GMO food and you want to eat more expensive non-GMO food.

Actually i'm organic whole foods plant-based, but you were the one who brought up about millions of starving people. I just mentioned how it could be solved without monsanto's crap. To answer your question, they are both toxic to the body, just look at just about everything ever passed by the fda..start with aspertame. Cheaper gmo food will just give you more expensive medical bills later...thankfully i dont have to deal with that :)

Steve 'StatMan'
05-31-2013, 08:29 PM
I sense that in the meantime, one just assume that anything that isn't labled as non-GMO or GMO is GMO, and then make ones choices based on that.

I'm certainly concerned about Monsanto's business manuverings and trying to capture the market, but I have yet to see actual proof that the foods are not fit for human consumption. No matter how many times someone reads or post that they are NOT, PERIOD. I have not seen any sound, unbiased research sources yet. I'm not looking either, for what that is worth.

rastajenk
05-31-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm naturally skeptical of any claim that an evil corporation is trying to get rich by killing us all off. There's a logic gap there that I can't contend with. I'll have to wait and see on the science of it, but the way it can cut against the grain politically is sort of intriguing. Obama as a corporate shill -- who'd a figured? :p

Tom
05-31-2013, 11:12 PM
That is what the PROTESTS were mainly about, at least in Los Angeles.
WE WANT EVERYTHING LABLED. WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE EATING.

Amen.
I don't need anyone telling me what is good for me or bad for me.
Just give me the information and let me decide.

so.cal.fan
05-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Exactly, Tom. Monsanto spent millions to defeat our bill demanding labeling.

johnhannibalsmith
05-31-2013, 11:33 PM
This thread makes me yet again miss 46Zilly.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I had never even paid any attention to this topic until he brought it up out of the clear blue sky (as could be expected) in a thread once upon a time.

I still don't really have a very refined opinion one way or the other, probably because I go out of my way to poison myself with pretend food whenever possible, but it is a fairly interesting subject.

so.cal.fan
05-31-2013, 11:46 PM
I never knew anything about this until this past several months, JHB, then I started to read about it, and went to a few discussions about it, was impressed with the sincerity and honest people who are concerned about this.
So, I started finding out all I could and my final conclusion was that there is something very bad happening with this Monsanto.
At the very least, JHB, we need to have the right to know about what's going on with our food supply. It's really scary about the pesticides. Other countries are very worried.
There was a special on PBS a long time ago, I didn't see it, but friends did and the information was very disturbing.

Please everyone check this out for yourselves. Pay attention.

johnhannibalsmith
05-31-2013, 11:52 PM
There was a special on PBS a long time ago, I didn't see it, but friends did and the information was very disturbing.

Not sure if this is what you are referring to since I watched it and don't think it's that old, but you may like it since you seem to be entrenched in the fight.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2336662669/

Edited...

Now that I think of it, you probably are thinking of Food, Inc. I didn't actually see that one, but you can order it from all the streaming movie/video sites - Netflix, Amazon, etc, I'm pretty sure.

Edited again...

http://video.pbs.org/video/1143263943/

newtothegame
06-01-2013, 12:35 AM

If you do then I would ask you this:..Why in the world would so many countries "BAN" Monsanto "Franken-Seeds"...

Sincerely speaking, I just don't believe that you've done enough of homework about the evilness of Monsanto....

Monsanto wants to own food....Plain and simple....The are busy at work Genetically Modifying so many different types of Seeds, so that once they get the patents and get the Farmers to buy their seeds and only their seeds, they will eventuallyt "OWN-FOOD" and all the rights that pertain to it....

There are some very brave and "SMART" people investigating this company and the damage they are doing to our people and planet....One has only to do a little digging on the net to see what is really "TRUE" about Monsanto and other companies of their evil-ilk....

I suggest that anyone that would take exception about what I have just said, just do some homework and it will "quickly" become quite evident about what Monsanto is reall up to and what their ultimate object is....

Their seeds do not work period....They are not good for us, the environment, or the other Flora and Fauna in our realm....PERIOD...

If anyone consumes anything these days that has to do with "CORN" and "SOYBEANS" they are at great risk healthwise....The long term jury is still out but the evidence so far is not pleasing to know for us...

One study showed how Monsanto's GMO CORN can actually create a "Pesticide" "WITHIN" the human body...This is what Monsanto is doing with their "Roundup Ready" GMO seeds....You are making "Roundup Pesticide and Herbicide" in your body...

And Soybeans, other than "Fermented Forms of It", are essentially toxic to the human system in their raw state, and it puts a great stress on the human anatomy....So just imagine, long term, what the outcome of the Human Race will be when there are no there are no longer any "Alternatives" to Monsanto's FrankenSeeds ?????

The government has raided numerous sincere and dedicated scientists and workers that have come quite close to producing their evidence, especially about the Bees and Butterfiies, about how dangerous the FrankenSeeds are to mankind, and guess what?....They were silenced and their evidence(s) were destroyed....Shows you what is really going on in this nation these days...

The bugs are dying, the bees, the Butterflies etc. are absent in such great numbers that it is very scary for the outlook of our Nation's-Food Suppy....The things that are dying off are so vital in God's growing-strategy, and they are going by the wayside at a most alarming rate these days...

LK,
hi...and i have followed many of your post and you seem to be of a level head. But, here are some questions (from your post) I have.
And, I understand the skepticism. ...but withouot further digression....

If Monsanto is trying to own the food world, this would imply they wish to corner the market and force people to use them......
SO WHY POISON THOSE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS??
Wouldnt that defeat the effort???

Then you say you "only have to do a little digging on the net to find the truth"....
Not even you can believe this statement unless you are willing to concede everything on the net is truth.....:faint:

You also say the government raided scientist and "They were silenced and their evidence(s) were destroyed....Shows you what is really going on in this nation these days..."

If their evidence was destroyed and they were silenced, how again can I find out about this information??? Or should I look the the net again??? :faint:

I believe I know your convictions and faith based in the lord....I'm good with that. This is not at all an attack or disrespect on that front. It just seems you shoot your own argument in the foot with some of the above statements.

As to Monsanto lobbying to defeat a bill in Cali, I'm not even sure as to the who's and why's. Big business all over the country lobby's against and for bills almost daily. I am sure certain gun makers lobby for gun rights. Does that mean gun makers want us all to kill ourselves with guns???

Business is in business for one reason...to make money. By causing harm to those who purchase their products would go against the first order of a business. unless, the insinuation is that the devil himself runs Monsanto (and couldnt the same be said for any business)?

johnhannibalsmith
06-01-2013, 12:56 AM

If Monsanto is trying to own the food world, this would imply they wish to corner the market and force people to use them......
SO WHY POISON THOSE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS??
Wouldnt that defeat the effort???

I like this point and I think another poster here was alluding to this (maybe rasta?)

Then again, if it were so far fetched, pushing hard drugs probably wouldn't be a great business either.

LottaKash
06-01-2013, 01:29 AM
LK,
hi...

I believe I know your convictions and faith based in the lord....I'm good with that. This is not at all an attack or disrespect on that front. It just seems you shoot your own argument in the foot with some of the above statements.

)?

Hey New, here is a page that will direct you to some eye opening information.....If and when or Or you get to finish reading all of that, you will certainly come away with a different perspective....Of that I am sure....

http://search.mercola.com/search/pages/Results.aspx?k=MONSANTO & GMO

and: here is another that will perhaps shed some additional light on the subject of where the bees have gone.,..And they are GONE !...:eek: :(

http://www.globalresearch.ca/death-of-the-bees-genetically-modified-crops-and-the-decline-of-bee-colonies-in-north-america/25950

As far as the "motive", well I being a history buff, have studied other cultures and what had become of them when they "lost their way".....And it boils down to Greed, Power, and Absolute Power.....There are so many signs of it at this juncture of history, and this Monsanto Nightmare is right in line with comparable other great nations abomitable acts towards one another.....So if you limit the amount of available food, the people will do anything to acquire whatever food that may be offered, at an absurd price at that, and even tho it may be of questionable value or nutritional quality, at that.......Talk about control....

Besides, there have been many so called great or historic leaders that have, in these more modern times that have alluded to the coming of a "NEW WORLD ORDER"....So, given that, thinking on a more sinister level, satanic actually, there are those who consider most of us to be nothing more than"Useless Eaters"......Get my drift ??

Well anywayl, read on, at those sites, and It will all become much clearer to you, I'll just bet !...

Hey, the more you know....:jump:

LottaKash
06-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Hungary torches 500 hectares of GM corn to eradicate GMOs from food supply

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/040525_Hungary_GM_corn_burning_fields.html#ixzz2Uw NYDcKg

excerpt:......GMOs have been banned in 27 countries, and GMOs are required to be labeled in at least 50 countries. In America, where Monsanto has deployed an insidious degree of influence over the legislature and courts, GMOs (http://www.naturalnews.com/GMOs.html) are neither illegal nor required to be labeled. In fact, 71 U.S. Senators recently voted against a measure that would have allowed states to pass their own food labeling laws...........

exerpt:.................Shockingly, most farmers who are planting GMOs have no knowledge whatsoever of what GMOs are or why people don't want them in their food (http://www.naturalnews.com/food.html). They've been lied to by the biotech industry which promised them "higher yields" and "greater profits." In reality, GM crop yields have plummeted even while giving rise to herbicide-resistant "superweeds" that now threaten many farms. With soils that have been rendered sterile with glyphosate and crop yields falling, farmers are increasingly finding themselves in dire straights.

Learn more: h

LottaKash
06-01-2013, 02:24 AM
Here is a story relating to the emergence of "Big Brother" and what is ahead for us...........It is about a researcher of Bees, and the link to Monsanto GMOs....

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/07/05/monsanto-roundup-effects-on-honeybees.aspx?e_cid=20120705_DNL_artNew_1

excerpt:...
15 Years of Research Destroyed

Ingram believes the destruction of his bees and hives is more likely to be related to his research into the effect of Roundup on honey bees. He claims some 250 of his colonies have been killed off over the years by Monsanto's broad-spectrum herbicide, used in large quantities on both conventional- and genetically engineered crops. Ingram's research shows that Roundup can lead to what's called chilled brood, which is an entirely different scenario.

According to Ingram, quoted from Kocal's article:

"When Round-Up kills the adult bees there are not enough bees left in the hive to keep the young bees (brood) warm, and the young bees die from the cold (chilled brood). I tried to prove that just because foulbrood can be detected once the hive has been disturbed, doesn't mean the hive has foulbrood.

Inside a honeybee hive is one of the cleanest places you can find. Anything that is a problem, if the bees can't remove it, they cover it with propolis, which is an antiseptic... When you go into the comb and cut it up, disturb it like the investigators did, then send it to a lab, it exposes foulbrood to the world. In the beehive, it's covered up. The bees aren't affected by it. But you can find it by sending it in to a lab."

Ingram has studied the effects of Roundup on honeybees for the past 15 years, and he believes he had built up sufficient amount of data to show that the herbicide causes not just bee die-offs, but also Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD)—a mysterious phenomenon that has decimated an estimated one-third of all honey bees since 2006. While some bees inexplicably die, many simply vanish and never return to their hives. Ingram told Kocal that:

Hey, the more you know....

Rookies
06-02-2013, 11:12 AM
A word to the wise for those believing that they are buying/ consuming 'organic' foods. I can't locate the critic presently, but a former Organic Auditor said that Canada's, now regulated Organic standards, are suspect.

Why?

Her basic contention is that if there isn't a protocol which allows independent third party, random inspections and sampling, then you've got shite! I strongly believe that.

So, unless you own your farm and are familiar with every aspect of your animal husbandry or agricultural activities, then you likely don't have organic. And this does not even begin to account for the GMO Monsanto seed blowing from adjacent non organic fields. It's a field in the open air, after all.

I'm not buying into all the conspiracy theories, the monolith control of food, the elimination of farm competition and the side effects of upsetting the delicate balance of insects, but I ain't ignoring them either.

so.cal.fan
06-02-2013, 01:12 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/lobbying-and-gmo-giant-monsanto-buckles-in-europe-2013-6

Most of the food and drink we purchase is labeled....we know the calorie count, the protein count, the fat count, and the ingredients. We trust companies not to poison us!

It is sure not too much to demand Monsanto and others label their products.
I can see them eventually being forced to post WARNINGS on this stuff.
Just like cigarettes and alcohol and drugs.

All we want to know is what is in these products! DEMAND IT.

RaceBookJoe
06-02-2013, 01:19 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/lobbying-and-gmo-giant-monsanto-buckles-in-europe-2013-6

Most of the food and drink we purchase is labeled....we know the calorie count, the protein count, the fat count, and the ingredients. We trust companies not to poison us!

It is sure not too much to demand Monsanto and others label their products.
I can see them eventually being forced to post WARNINGS on this stuff.
Just like cigarettes and alcohol and drugs.

All we want to know is what is in these products! DEMAND IT.

:ThmbUp: These companies dont want you to know what you are eating, just look how they are trying to get aspertame into milk with no labeling. 50 yrs from now we will be known as the food lab-rat generation.

so.cal.fan
06-02-2013, 01:41 PM
"50 yrs from now we will be known as the food lab-rat generation."

this is so true RaceBookJoe, I really fear that if we don't stop this insanity, that none of the children now will live to be 50 years old or older.

elysiantraveller
06-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Wow... a lot of far out opinions in here...

I agree with Saratoga Mike that without GMOs millions more people on this planet would be starving. Pointblankperiod.

so.cal.fan
06-02-2013, 02:09 PM
http://www.eutimes.net/2013/05/russia-warns-obama-global-war-over-bee-apocalypse-coming-soon/

Saratoga_Mike
06-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Wow... a lot of far out opinions in here...

I agree with Saratoga Mike that without GMOs millions more people on this planet would be starving. Pointblankperiod.

Well then you're an idiot, a fool, a tool of the govt.... :rolleyes:

so.cal.fan
06-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Saratoga Mike,
I'm going to give you guys the benefit of doubt and chalk up your silly comments to naivete.

Saratoga_Mike
06-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Saratoga Mike,
I'm going to give you guys the benefit of doubt and chalk up your silly comments to naivete.

That's me - naivete (sic)

nijinski
06-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Saratoga Mike,

You haven't said much about Dupont and Dow Chemical yet .

BTW . Do you use paper or plastic ?

I'm just trying to tell you that Monsanto is a very easy target and you really need to look at the whole picture . I have to trust that they are not poisoning us as SM points out . Besides what's the chemical ? Usually there is a substance in poisoning . I believe it's genetics and I'm thinking likely that if many other companies or the the small farmer could have patented this first , they would have jumped on it . But you need a large co. and money.
To say that this generation will be wiped out before 50 is a very strong and damninig statement and you really need to explain and prove that .

I'm trusting that you threw away your microwave oven , all your cleaning products that are not made with pure soap and I can go on and on but
the list would take forever .
Better yet target Nike and Apple for harm their factory's have done to children . Go to bat all or nothing , then I'd at least say that " you " weren't naïve and speaking like a hypocrite .

RaceBookJoe
06-02-2013, 05:27 PM
"50 yrs from now we will be known as the food lab-rat generation."

this is so true RaceBookJoe, I really fear that if we don't stop this insanity, that none of the children now will live to be 50 years old or older.

Of course they will because big pharma will keep pumping drugs, not to help people and drugs dont cure anything, but to keep people "alive" long enough to keep sucking profits. Its all about money, bottom line.

elysiantraveller
06-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Point out to me this trend... here I was thinking people were living longer.

RaceBookJoe
06-02-2013, 06:41 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/040604_GMO_contamination_wheat_South_Korea.html

Another country joining the ban.

nijinski
06-02-2013, 07:00 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/040604_GMO_contamination_wheat_South_Korea.html

Another country joining the ban.

Glance just to the right of the article at the adds . All those so called
natural products which can be produced in a private homes bathroom for all we know . Natural news .com , ok .

so.cal.fan
06-02-2013, 07:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

elysiantraveller
06-02-2013, 08:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

What does that have to do with anything?!? I'm asking for proof of a downward trend....

newtothegame
06-02-2013, 11:16 PM
I have still yet to receive a plausible answer to the questions I posed....

Not to say I am by an stretch taking up for Monsanto but,
LK, you can't say GREED, POWER, etc etc is the motive then turn around and insinuate their products are killing us.......

There is no greed in death unless they now own the burial plots and associated companies with deaths.

In the stories you linked, I saw a lot of " I believe".."It may"...
Believe's and may's do not offer proof.....So we are back to you saying just look on the net. The net is hardly reliable as you can find almost any topic and BOTH sides of the topic..so which side again is "truth"???

Now I agree that I do not nearly see as many honey bees as when I was a kid. But, could there be other reasons such as the profitability in it?? I'm merely asking as my dad used to be a bee keeper many many moons ago.

As to the lobbying against labeling, hell the government can force whatever (it would seem). And most all large companies lobby for things that fit their agendas. As I pointed out, I am sure most gun company's lobby...does this mean they will everyone to die using their products???

Even RBK say's they wish to get the profits but then he points to 50 as the age of death....I could of sworn people live and WORK well past 50. So how does that relate to the profit motive??? Seems it wouldn't!

RaceBookJoe
06-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Glance just to the right of the article at the adds . All those so called
natural products which can be produced in a private homes bathroom for all we know . Natural news .com , ok .

Anyone can advertise, you have to use caution..have you watched tv lately, lots of ads for things not good or healthy for you. As far as the site, i just read the articles and make my own decision. I did look at the ads after you mentioned it, which i never do. Four really stood out... Colloidal Silver, Superfoods, Oregano Oil, B17. I use B17 and Superfoods every day..not the superfoods in the ad but my own that i get. On the rare occasion i get a slight cold or sore throat i definately use both CS and Oil of Oregano...but its been 3 yrs since last issue. I swear by all 4 of the above. I do everything naturally, and avoid as many chemicals as possible including foods,cleaners,body products. Again, the point is just because someone advertises doesnt mean its a good thing..have to do your own research.

DJofSD
06-03-2013, 01:33 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-supreme-court-monsanto-seed-patenting-20130513,0,6469544.story

Basically, a farmer may only plant and harvest a engineered seed only once per season.

nijinski
06-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Anyone can advertise, you have to use caution..have you watched tv lately, lots of ads for things not good or healthy for you. As far as the site, i just read the articles and make my own decision. I did look at the ads after you mentioned it, which i never do. Four really stood out... Colloidal Silver, Superfoods, Oregano Oil, B17. I use B17 and Superfoods every day..not the superfoods in the ad but my own that i get. On the rare occasion i get a slight cold or sore throat i definately use both CS and Oil of Oregano...but its been 3 yrs since last issue. I swear by all 4 of the above. I do everything naturally, and avoid as many chemicals as possible including foods,cleaners,body products. Again, the point is just because someone advertises doesnt mean its a good thing..have to do your own research.

Whatever makes you happy . I personally think one would do better with
chicken soup rather than colloidal silver . Your urine won't be as valuable with the soup though .

woodtoo
06-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Just started reading a book "Wheat Belly"written by a doctor,I've already cut
back on wheat products.Scary stuff.Already found a wheat and corn free
dog food (yes for my dogs);)

elysiantraveller
06-03-2013, 11:34 PM
I want to flag this as the dumbest thread ever...

johnhannibalsmith
06-03-2013, 11:52 PM

You missed the short lived Costco thread.

Robert Fischer
06-03-2013, 11:54 PM
its not about the good of the people..its all about the might dollar.

This pretty much sums it up.

The Monsanto stuff stinks. But so does using a ton of pesticides etc.. on normal crop.
So does controlling food for profit in general.

but this is our reality.

LottaKash
06-04-2013, 12:03 AM

Minding the facts and having a discussion about our health is not dumb at all, imo....Not in the least...

Monsanto, are good guys right ?....yeah right !:eek:

newtothegame
06-04-2013, 04:45 AM
No, LK..it may not be the dumbest...but the logic behind the arguments on your side of the fence fall short of well..."logical"....

You continue to use words like profit and greed, then in the same breath you talk abot Monsanto killing the same people who will provide those profits and from whom they wish to obtain the greed......

So, yeah, it ranks up there.....

rastajenk
06-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Isn't everything genetically modified somehow?

DJofSD
06-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Isn't everything genetically modified somehow?
Yes. But for the most part, the fruits and vegetables are the result of selection via experiments like cross polllination and grafting. A good example is what corn has evolved into. The original maize plant looks nothing like what we see today.

LottaKash
06-04-2013, 01:23 PM
No, LK..it may not be the dumbest...but the logic behind the arguments on your side of the fence fall short of well..."logical"....

You continue to use words like profit and greed, then in the same breath you talk abot Monsanto killing the same people who will provide those profits and from whom they wish to obtain the greed......

So, yeah, it ranks up there.....

I get your drift NTTG, and I understand "your" logic...But, you left out the most important part of your quote of "me"....POWER...

But please consider this:....Think "GLOBAL" as in "NEW WORLD ORDER", when it comes to the wealth and power...The USA is the both the cradle and the incubator of this abomination to the health of our food suppy and of our land and to the world....

These Monsanto creeps care nothing for the health and welfare of this or any other nation in the world....

Think reducing the population, think controlling the masses of the world using food as a means to that control...That is what Big Brother is "DOING" as I write this....I am so disappointed that so many people on this forum that I respect and consider to be self starting thinkers would take so much exception to these notions...

The James Bond movies weren't that outlandish or as far fetched as it would seem, when you consider how sinister and evil the world is becoming as of late...

Does anyone really believe that the likes of Chairman Mao, A. Hitler, J. Stalin, Pol Pot, etc have vanished into thin air ?....No I say, there are many numerous guys like that, just waiting in the wings, those types haven't gone anywhere....Just those 4 guys alone were responsible for the eradication of probably a 1/2-Billion people or more, more is probably more like it, globally....What the heck was in it for those guys....????????

The Monsanto's of the world are the new Dictators of the world, or at least in the very near future.....Sadly, you will see this shortly enough, I believe...Everything for a world collapse is so near to us....And, the likes of Monsanto will be leading the "change & the charge"....The stage is being set daily....

The saddest thing of all to me, is how intelligent people who can unravel the mysteries of horse racing by getting at the truth, cannot use that same thinking power to see the truth "in our lives", when it is literally right in front of us....If they/us did, Monsanto and his ilk wouldn't be allowed to do what they are doing...We should be outraged, and yet most are not....Sad..:ThmbDown:

If anyone doubts the truth about the Monsantos of the world , then I suggest you look up "COGNITIVE DISSONANCE" for some explanation as to why you just waive this whole M-thing off...

It's funny, these evil people, as always thru the centuries, are counting on you to disbelieve ....I mean they are really "counting on it"...

elysiantraveller
06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Woohoo!!!

http://jumpedtheshark.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cropped-homer-jump-shark1.jpg

so.cal.fan
06-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Lotta Cash.
You are correct. Thank you for standing up to these phonies on this board who are not even horseplayers, they just monitor off topic boards like this to discredit conservatives.
They probably work for outfits like MoveOn.org. The speak the bs of the Obama administration.
They are perfectly comfortable with this administration violating the Constitutional rights and the trust of half the people in this country.
We can no longer have any faith in this government. Obama is a "corporate fascist".
If even one of these horrible scandals would have taken place in another administration, the president would have had to resign like Nixon.

Please keep standing up for us, LK.

newtothegame
06-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Lotta Cash.
You are correct. Thank you for standing up to these phonies on this board who are not even horseplayers, they just monitor off topic boards like this to discredit conservatives.
They probably work for outfits like MoveOn.org. The speak the bs of the Obama administration.
They are perfectly comfortable with this administration violating the Constitutional rights and the trust of half the people in this country.
We can no longer have any faith in this government. Obama is a "corporate fascist".
If even one of these horrible scandals would have taken place in another administration, the president would have had to resign like Nixon.

Please keep standing up for us, LK.
So Cal ......if you are referring to me, no need to hide behind words like "phonies" and "not even horse players" lol. You really are showing you have no clue when you make statements like that.
You think I am here to discredit conservatives???? LMAO. That might be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. Again, this is if you are referring to me.

Sadly, you have no clue if I play horses in my spare time or not, you have no idea of my political affiliation, and obviously you haven't read anything of mine to insinuate I am here to discredit conservatives.

But, would you like to take a stab at the questions I posed?
You and LK are of the belief that Monsanto is engaged in this for greed and power...right? How can killing the people that buy your products lead towards either greed or power? You can not govern if you have no subjects to govern!

LK goes on to mention the NWO and this global conspiracy...ok, so why have many of the Europeans banned GMO's??? Doesn't fit to well into the conspiracy does it?

LK said I should look to the "net" (internet) to find out more information yet, LK also says there were many people doing research and all of their evidence was destroyed and they were silenced. So, again where I am to find this information that was destroyed??? And, neither one of you can possibly believe that the things you read on the internet or either true or false. You can find varying opinions on anything. So who is right and telling the truth and who is wrong?

Another poster in this thread made a valid point that most anything you buy now days is modified in some way. So, unless you are willing to be a total isolationist and grow your own crops and raise your own foods, aren't you being subjected to "modified" foods? Ever read the labels on ANYTHING you purchase? None of it is in its original forms. Not even the water you drink.

Then LK would make a statement like or something to the effect of being a self thinker......sadly, this is exactly what I am doing by not just taking for face value the stories LK posted. The stories have a lot of "I believe", and "It may" but are relatively short on actual studies that prove one way or another conclusively for me.

But, you seem to have a problem with Monsanto and their lobbying. OK, fair enough! I don't like the idea of lobbyist either! Lobbying allows companies to make policy versus the people making policy. But, its our system...so vote all of the politicians out as I have said, and change the procedures. Many companies lobby...not just Monsanto.

Now is there some evil and wrong doing going on at Monsanto? I don't know! But, I am really led to believe that if the upper echelons of this government cant even keep secrets, how in the world could Monsanto wanting to destroy the world not be out there in every paper around the world? I am sure there has to be some high level executive with proof...right?

Sorry long winded, but I want to make clear that whether or not I post in the horse racing sections of this board or not, does not preclude my from voicing my opinions, just as you both have. And, since I don't really post in the horse racing sections I can take longer post here :lol:

so.cal.fan
06-04-2013, 08:46 PM
NTTG:
I was not referring to you, Sir, at all.
I was referring to guys like Mostpost and a small handful of guys on this board who have been here a long time, and that is my observation.
I suggest you educate yourself on this Monsanto issue before you start knocking some of us who are very, very concerned.

Again, I know you are a horseplayer and I was not referring to you.
Nuff said. :bang:

johnhannibalsmith
06-04-2013, 08:54 PM
I was referring to guys like Mostpost...

Jeepers, shouldn't the poor guy at least have a single post in the thread if he's gonna get hammered on the topic?

:D

And mostpost does chime in on the horseracing section. Not a ton, but he was part of the Triple Crown discussions and I'm fairly certain has been a participant in the annual Arlington Pace Advantage GitTogether.

newtothegame
06-04-2013, 09:46 PM
NTTG:
I was not referring to you, Sir, at all.
I was referring to guys like Mostpost and a small handful of guys on this board who have been here a long time, and that is my observation.
I suggest you educate yourself on this Monsanto issue before you start knocking some of us who are very, very concerned.

Again, I know you are a horseplayer and I was not referring to you.
Nuff said. :bang:

Ok, I take you at your word so cal.....and as JHS pointed out, mosty hasnt beren in this thread so not sure how he got brought into this.

Also, I never knocked you or LK...personally, I would like to believe you both have a best interest at heart. I am sure you truly believe what you are posting.
There are just legit concerns from those of us who are not maybe as informed.
You are more then welcome to answer the questions I posed.......

LottaKash
06-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Also, I never knocked you or LK...personally, I would like to believe you both have a best interest at heart. I am sure you truly believe what you are posting.

I am glad to hear that New....I understand your point of view, and admire your willingness to learn....Or maybe not ?..;)

Those links to info about Monsanto, that I posted, are simply quite numerous, and I honestly believe that you haven't even touched the surface reading about Monsanto and their dealings with the gov't, using the posted links....There is a mucho amount of collective perceptions and testing of Monsanto things....That is the info that I was referring to....It' alls in there, you just need to keep an open mind to digest it....And, I sincerely feel that if one read all of those links, they would have some new things to think about....

Dahoss2002
06-05-2013, 05:41 AM
It is very dangerous to have one entity control so much.

so.cal.fan
06-05-2013, 10:17 AM
In another year or two this Monsanto issue will be very well known.
It is not now.
A friend on this board called me last night to ask about this.
He wasn't aware, because the main media is not talking about it.
This worried him, after he read some of the websites myself and others here posted on this and other sites on the internet. You are not hearing about it on any of the five mainstream media giants.
I will repeat, I am seeing more people in stores reading labels and buying organic non GMO foods.
Those of us who have researched this, are concerned.
I am confident the public will be as well, once they know and understand just how serious this is.

rastajenk
06-05-2013, 10:59 AM
What is the greater concern here: the effect on the health of individuals, or the slippery slope to world domination?

Tom
06-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Both seem to be a concern we should not take lightly.......

so.cal.fan
06-05-2013, 01:36 PM
http://naturalsociety.com/europe-nations-around-the-world-rejecting-monsanto/

highnote
06-07-2013, 02:12 PM
re: help out the bees

Don't kill your dandelions in the spring. Most people wipe 'em out as soon as they can as weeds, but they are the first food for the bees early in the season before the rest of the flowers have bloomed...

Good point. I stopped using Scott 4-season lawn products a few years ago. It didn't seem worth it to have a weed-free lawn. Now I have dandelions and clover everywhere, but I also see more honey bees and bumble bees.

I just hope that the grub killing products I have used on my lawn in the past have not killed the 17 year locusts that are due to emerge this year.

so.cal.fan
06-08-2013, 01:00 PM
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/08/bees-dying-off.aspx

Tom
06-08-2013, 01:18 PM
I tried the new rib sandwich at Burger King last night....I think some kind of an investigation is order with this deal!

RaceBookJoe
06-08-2013, 02:17 PM
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/08/bees-dying-off.aspx

I have been following Mercola for a few years now, always interesting but still have to do your own due diligence. About bees, the story of the Monsanto-resistant bees being taken and the queen killed was an interesting one, will try to find the link.

ElKabong
06-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Good point. I stopped using Scott 4-season lawn products a few years ago. It didn't seem worth it to have a weed-free lawn. Now I have dandelions and clover everywhere, but I also see more honey bees and bumble bees.

I just hope that the grub killing products I have used on my lawn in the past have not killed the 17 year locusts that are due to emerge this year.

try 'beneficial nemetodes'...did away with my grubbs......also I've used Lavasand on my yard for 7 yrs now, never get fire ants....and i live in the fire ant capital of the world..........Lavasand takes 2-3 yrs of use before the fire ants go away....but it does work......haven't used chemicals on my lawn since 2004

highnote
06-08-2013, 11:46 PM
I have heard of "beneficial nemetodes", but don't remember much. I will look it up. Problem is, I don't want to kill the locusts -- although, from what I have heard there are going to be plenty to go around this year!

try 'beneficial nemetodes'...did away with my grubbs......also I've used Lavasand on my yard for 7 yrs now, never get fire ants....and i live in the fire ant capital of the world..........Lavasand takes 2-3 yrs of use before the fire ants go away....but it does work......haven't used chemicals on my lawn since 2004