PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR THUR. 05/30

MeSlew
05-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Hello All! For Thursday, May 30th, 3 of Slew's tracks are running but only 2 are represented:

Belmont - 2,4,5,7,8,9
Hollywood - 4,5,7,8

I don't ever do this but I will today, to make a point to those who are new to Slew. Here is a posting from Slew's face book page that arrived after the holiday: "Was at LADowns on monday..doing some simulcasting before the live started... skimmed through the SFH... just for Kicks put 2 across on the first race at Belmont...
Did'nt/Don't know squat about the horse... but Slew's Does !!!! 2 across paid back $ 115.40.... THANK YOU SLEW !!!!!"
OK, so today, when you go to Slew's site and check the results as many of you do, you will see 5 races at Arlington. The first two singles showed. The next one, the top horse of two, won and paid $6.60.

Well, maybe to you he paid $6.60, but to me he paid $226.40. That is because I too skimmed the SFH and found one horse I thought was worth a bet. But not to win. Isle of Skye had won an allowance in September of last year,
then after being off the board in another allowance also in September, was put on the shelf.

Until today, where he found himself in claiming company. Which he handled. But worth a bet for $6.60?

Not with the next race being a MSW AND with Kent Desormeaux riding the second longest price in the field, and what turned out to be the longest price in the doubles pool. I mean, the last time I looked,
he was in the damn Hall of Fame! Yeah, that one up in NY State across from the Saratoga Race Course. I found that intriguing and also found it worth the $16 to see if I could get lucky in the second leg.

THANK YOU, KENT!!!

Race sequences. I wrote about them on my site and leave that note on the bulletin board section of the download page as a reminder. Even I read it occasionally, just to remind myself!

THANK YOU SLEW!!! (You're welcome.)

For Thursday we have a Key Horse running:

Screenplay - Bel ( 7) GP 01/24/13 # 9

A nice runner who has done nothing wrong in his last 7 races dating back to Saratoga last August. Three wins, two places and one show. And that is the career M.O. for this son of
Stephen Got Even out of the Unbridled mare Sansa. He gets on the list from his 1/24 Starter handicap at Gulfstream Park: January 24, 2013 Race 9 - A Starter Allowance that has already had 3 horses run on to PLACE in their next start. Won by the Pa. bred Rustler Hustler (Cibelli/Rocco, Jr.)
beating the favorite Screenplay (Terranova,II/Castellano), it seems that both Screenplay (2nd) and Chosen Empire (4th) are horses to look for in their next start.
Not world beaters by any stretch, but the race was run to a constant beat that went fast at each call, and Screenplay has made a living at the Starter Allowance level.
Not so much for Chosen Empire ( Gray/Bravo) who may drop to a straight claiming. Either way, they will merit a long look next time or two out.
In fact, he did win next out at Keeneland also at the Allowance level. Use him as you see fit...or not.

Enjoy the Thursday racing...good luck and good 'capping!