Belmont - 2,3,4,6,8,10
Monmouth - 3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
Hollywood - 2,3,5,6,7
Churchill - 4,7,8,9
Woodbine - 3,4,7,8
Calder - 7
Arlington - 5
Parx - 8

Our two key horses that ran today both hit the board in the show spot. Colizeo at Belmont and Decisive Moment at Calder. I thought Decisive Moment ran a terrific race outrunning by far his 20-1 ML tag. I would have much preferred that he had another 20 yards in him, as my one-way exacta with him underneath the eventual winner Czaba was designed to fully fund an assault on the Monday cards. However, I think my comment that he needs some class relief from the optional allowance company that got him on the key horse list in the first place might need a re-think. We will watch for him going forward.

We have a Key Horse running on Sunday as well:

Upgrade - WO ( 8) GP 02/01/13 # 5

Upgrade ( Saint Liam - Emily Ring, by Fit to Fight) returns to the turf for this affair, the 7 furlong Connaught Cup Stakes (Grade II) at Woodbine at 8-1 on the ML. He came out of the same race as Decisive Moment, the 2/1/2013 contest at Gulfstream Park which has been a fairly productive race for us. I wrote at the time that he may have needed that race (off a 3 month layoff) and sure enough, he went on to win his next start at Keeneland in allowance OC company as the favorite. Next out he ran on 4/27/2013 in the Jacques Cartier Stakes at Woodbine where he ran third to Essence Hit Man. Now you may not know that name but it is notable in that Mr. Essence (as he is known to his inner circle) had set the Woodbine track record for 6 furlongs on 4/17/2011 with a 1:08.16 run on the ALL WEATHER track. Running second that day was Bear Tough Tiger (4-1 ML), who will also be entered in the Connaught Cup Stakes along with Upgrade.

Trainer Michelle Nihei has brought Upgrade to Canada presumably to win a stake up there. The connections are winning at 23% off only 31 races for the year and looks to have a competitive spot for their entry, despite the ML tag.

I'll try once again to fund my holiday bankroll using Upgrade in some fashion. Notable as well are Something Extra...who looks ready to rock...and Riding the River, who has the obvious class advantage.

And don't forget to check in for Monday's races which will be posted Sunday night!

Enjoy the Sunday racing...good luck and good 'capping!