PDA

View Full Version : Vets List

Midnight Cruiser
05-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Is the Vets list an autotoss for you?

Stillriledup
05-25-2013, 07:29 PM
No. In fact, i rarely use that as a handicapping factor because i feel that if there's something wrong with the horse, i'll believe i'll hopefully know it in some other way.

jahura2
05-28-2013, 02:17 PM
To me it depends on the circumstances surrounding. How long ago was the vet scratch? Has there been any workout activity since the scratch?
If the vets scratch was failrly recent (i.e. 2-3 weeks) and there is also not any or little morning activity I wont use the horse and it stands uo for the most part.

PhantomOnTour
05-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Ever since I quit using DRF I cannot find vet scratch info anywhere.
Where can I find that info???

I used to toss just about every vet scratch that hasn't run back since.

jahura2
05-28-2013, 02:44 PM
If you print out the Ultimate PP's from Brisnet from your ADW site the vet scrathes are listed at the very end after the last race.

Robert Goren
05-28-2013, 05:17 PM
I toss vet scratches until I see a trainer win with one. Then I put that trainer on a list for exceptions to that rule. That trainer list is very short for NYRA trainers.

jahura2
05-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Agreed Robert. Here in central Kentucky you can add Ken Mcpeek to that list. Won with a 100.00 horse at Keeneland this spring fresh off the vet scratch list.

Tom
05-28-2013, 10:55 PM

I think they list all the scratch reasons at the bottom of the Free Programs at BRIS.

PhantomOnTour
05-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Thx for the info y'all...I buy the data files from BRIS so I never see their other pp's. Guess I will start looking, they are free through my ADW

aaron
05-29-2013, 07:42 AM

NYRA shows reason for scratch on their website every day.

PhantomOnTour
05-29-2013, 08:55 AM
NYRA shows reason for scratch on their website every day.
We are referring to scratches from previous races, not today's race.
If a horse is entered this Thursday but was a vet scratch last Saturday I want to know that.
NYRA does not list that info on their site.

Robert Goren
05-29-2013, 09:15 AM
We are referring to scratches from previous races, not today's race.
If a horse is entered this Thursday but was a vet scratch last Saturday I want to know that.
NYRA does not list that info on their site. You'd have to sort through all the previous days scratches.

PhantomOnTour
05-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Or do what Tom and Jahura suggested