PDA

View Full Version : Oaklawn Beyers

Stillriledup
05-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Is it just me, or do they seem artifically high? The horse named Right Now (race 7 Belmont) ran a 69 at Oaklawn and his normal Beyer is in the low 40s. I saw a few horses yesterday at Churchill that were running 'high' for what they were also. Any thoughts on the Beyer scale at Oaklawn?

overthehill
05-26-2013, 03:35 AM
i seem to recall in the prior years that oaklawn shippers did not run to their beyer speed figures. A few days ago I was burned by one of these horses who was dropping down a lot and shipping from oaklawn to churchill downs. he was listed at even money in the ml and his two races at oaklawn showed byers that were meaningfully faster than anyone else in the race. however the early betting did not indicate that as he was co favored in the early going with the clear third choice and even when he came down to be the clear favorite in the final minutes, the second choice was also dropping.
when the race started the second choice went to the lead and never looked back drawing off by some 12 lengths, the favorite was never better than 4th during any part of the race.

Stillriledup
05-26-2013, 08:50 PM
i seem to recall in the prior years that oaklawn shippers did not run to their beyer speed figures. A few days ago I was burned by one of these horses who was dropping down a lot and shipping from oaklawn to churchill downs. he was listed at even money in the ml and his two races at oaklawn showed byers that were meaningfully faster than anyone else in the race. however the early betting did not indicate that as he was co favored in the early going with the clear third choice and even when he came down to be the clear favorite in the final minutes, the second choice was also dropping.
when the race started the second choice went to the lead and never looked back drawing off by some 12 lengths, the favorite was never better than 4th during any part of the race.

Exactly, i see these gaudy beyers from oaklawn and they just dont match up. Horses who run in the 70s will ship to Oaklawn and start running mid 80s. Im very wary of horses who have great Oak form and i dont put too much stock in those races unless i see that the horse Beyered high at another 'real' racetrack.

menifee
05-27-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm always skeptical of Oaklawn shippers - I feel that from a class perspective they don't run back to that level when they ship out of that track to CD, et al.

RunForTheRoses
05-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Race 8 Bel the #2Tiz Miz Sue figures at least a factor according to the Oaklawn Beyers. We'll see.

Stillriledup
05-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Race 8 Bel the #2Tiz Miz Sue figures at least a factor according to the Oaklawn Beyers. We'll see.

Winner!