PDA

View Full Version : ALOHA FROM MAUI

formula_2002
02-20-2004, 07:35 PM
10 WONDERFUL days so far.. Be back next week.
Have some great thoughts to work on regarding "sequencing" the bris factors...

Joe M

PaceAdvantage
02-21-2004, 03:35 AM
Enjoy! Wish I was there....

Dick Schmidt
02-21-2004, 04:30 AM
Tis a nice island, isn't it? Have you tried the drive to Hana yet? Well worth the effort. Just don't try to hurry on that road.

Dick

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.

doophus
02-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Dick asked....

".......Have you tried the drive to Hana yet?"

If you feel really adventuresome, take the BACK-road to Hana. Let the weak ones sit on the right of the vehicle, preferably an open Jeep. A very nice drive with moments of terror.

Enjoy.

Dick Schmidt
02-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Doofus,

You got THAT right! A one lane "road" that crosses lava fields and in places is carved out of vertical cliffs. It looked like a good shortcut from my condo on the map, but just once. I can see now why you void all your rent-a-car insurance just getting on that road. A bit too exciting for my taste, especially when you meet another car on a blind corner. And all the corners are blind. Some great sceenery though.

Dick

Who prefers his excitement indoors and undressed.

formula_2002
02-24-2004, 04:39 AM
Well, I’m back and could have stayed for a few years.
Did Hana a few years ago.
This time went horse back riding through some of the northern trails. Read, ate and walked most of the time.

I'll focus on the automated betting program now.

Appears so simple compared to the algorithms the guys had to devise in the book I was reading about the genome war buy James Shreeve.

Well written, for the lay-person. Good read, especially it you plan to go to Maui.;)

Rick
02-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Yeah, Hana is an interesting drive. You can see some really interesting entrepreneurs if you stop at the rest stop along the way. But, the real fun is in Lahaina at night. Don't stay in one of those stuffy resorts away from town. Lahaina is where the action is! Everything worth seeing is within staggering distance.

Tom
02-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Bring me back some bananas! :D

Rick
02-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Actually I thought Puerto Rico was even more fun. But that was when I was single. Yeah, take the wife to Maui instead. You'll get in less trouble there.