PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat

magwell
05-23-2013, 12:30 AM
The Heat tried to give this first game to the Pacers like they did against the Bulls , but the Pacers wouldn't accept the game........Go Heat

cj's dad
05-23-2013, 12:48 AM
Last 2.2 seconds- the Pacers had no clue what to do. Easy bucket by LBJ.

wiffleball whizz
05-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Last 2.2 seconds- the Pacers had no clue what to do. Easy bucket by LBJ.

Imagine having a pacer money line.....the tv would have had a gaping hole through it.....but in all fairness how stupid is the ball getting advanced to 3/4 court off a time out.....one of worst rules in sports

But cj dad how bout that gritty gutty birds!!!!!!! Taking back 2 against the yanks!!!

cj's dad
05-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Imagine having a pacer money line.....the tv would have had a gaping hole through it.....but in all fairness how stupid is the ball getting advanced to 3/4 court off a time out.....one of worst rules in sports

But cj dad how bout that gritty gutty birds!!!!!!! Taking back 2 against the yanks!!!

Re: Pacers- why is Hibard on the bench. His 7'2" ass is guarding the inbounds pass IMO.

The Birds are tough. They hit a rough 6 game losing streak with JJ blowing 3 saves in a 7 day stretch.

O's #1 pick last year, 22 year old kevin Gausman makes his career debut tonight vs. Jays

wiffleball whizz
05-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Re: Pacers- why is Hibard on the bench. His 7'2" ass is guarding the inbounds pass IMO.

The Birds are tough. They hit a rough 6 game losing streak with JJ blowing 3 saves in a 7 day stretch.

O's #1 pick last year, 22 year old kevin Gausman makes his career debut tonight vs. Jays

7'2 and on the bench I just shook my head....

Birds should have no problem taking 3 of 4 from the gutless overrated bluejays... :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

cj
05-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Worse decision I've seen made by an NBA coach ever, especially after he saw the results of doing it the first time.

elysiantraveller
05-23-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't agree with Vogel's logic or his decision there but I also think there was NO WAY Hibbert would have been able to make a play there.

Robert Goren
05-23-2013, 11:28 PM
I don't agree with Vogel's logic or his decision there but I also think there was NO WAY Hibbert would have been able to make a play there.You are right. Hibbert is way to slow to stop James. He would have never got there.

Robert Goren
05-23-2013, 11:32 PM

O's #1 pick last year, 22 year old kevin Gausman makes his career debut tonight vs. Jays That would work in the NBA. Seldom works in college. Think about it. When was the last time you saw a guarding the inbound pass in the NBA?

cj
05-24-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't agree with Vogel's logic or his decision there but I also think there was NO WAY Hibbert would have been able to make a play there.

No way to know how the play goes down if Hibbert is in the game.

elysiantraveller
05-24-2013, 08:25 PM
No way to know how the play goes down if Hibbert is in the game.

There isn't but the fact that George badly misplayed the inbound was the deciding factor there. Hibbert or not... If he is guarding Bosh that's a big chunk of ground to cover.

I'm also not bagging on George as he played a tremendous game against the best player in the world.

That was a great playoff game and unfortunately someone had to lose.

magwell
05-24-2013, 11:52 PM
The Heat are lucky they split, Heat has the best player on the court but Pacers have the best team...... probably going 7

lansdale
05-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Another great game last night, with the Heat being outcoached and outplayed. Barkely maybe be right - Pacers in six. Vogel has been slagged for the decision to pull Hibbert at the end of Game 1, but as somebody here noted, if an overeager George hadn't overcommitted on D on the inbound, the Pacers would have won the game.

Vogel's decision to play the Heat straight up, combined with the dominating presence of Hibbert and excellent transition D, have cut off the Heat's two routes to easy buckets: transition scoring and the double-teamed Lebron kicking to open spot-up shooters for 3s. That's why Lebron coughed up the ball twice - his default outlets were shut off and he had to get rid of the ball.

For those who were blown away by the Heat's win streak this year, maybe worth remembering that most of these wins came against a very weak, depleted Eastern division. If they were playing the loaded West, it would have been a different story.

magwell
05-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Another great game last night, with the Heat being outcoached and outplayed. Barkely maybe be right - Pacers in six. Vogel has been slagged for the decision to pull Hibbert at the end of Game 1, but as somebody here noted, if an overeager George hadn't overcommitted on D on the inbound, the Pacers would have won the game.

Vogel's decision to play the Heat straight up, combined with the dominating presence of Hibbert and excellent transition D, have cut off the Heat's two routes to easy buckets: transition scoring and the double-teamed Lebron kicking to open spot-up shooters for 3s. That's why Lebron coughed up the ball twice - his default outlets were shut off and he had to get rid of the ball.

For those who were blown away by the Heat's win streak this year, maybe worth remembering that most of these wins came against a very weak, depleted Eastern division. If they were playing the loaded West, it would have been a different story. Agree 100 % and I'm a Heat fan , we might win it but its going to be a tough series and a great one to watch, Bosh has been exposed by Hibbert, George is way good and West is tough, , without Lebron Heat would have no chance......

magwell
05-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Heat came back strong, have the Pacers on the run now.......:jump:

hugh
05-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Doing my against the public thing tonight.. only 28% on the Pacers plus the points.. I'm one of them. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

wiffleball whizz
05-29-2013, 01:18 AM
Doing my against the public thing tonight.. only 28% on the Pacers plus the points.. I'm one of them. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Anybody that takes a road team up 2-1 on Road after regaining home court is a idiot....pretty much anybody that lays points in general is an idiot

Nice play taking 3 though :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: went from 2 to 3....won't have to wait in line long to cash in Vegas tonight!!!!

I remember when I was like 17-20 I thought I was sharp cuz I would go with line moves...if a team went from -3 to -4 I thought I was smart by doing with the move.....I should have been executed for being so stupid...

All line moves are are the morons at the sports bar that bet 85 percent chalk and home town team regardless of line.....nothing more I like then some bozo running his mouth how a team that towers over the over team and the line should be 10 and it's only 6.5 and they beat them outright....the public is so moronic

Truth be told I bury games all week when there are standalone games 1 a night but I get run down betting 25-40 plays on a Saturday including second half and first half bets....I just like the action to much only get like 12 of those days a year And there's nothing better

lansdale
05-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Heat came back strong, have the Pacers on the run now.......:jump:

Clearly, Game 5 is key, as always, and I think it's going to be close and hard-fought based on what we've seen so far. Don't forget that the Pacers have beaten Miami once at home, and came very close to a second win there. I don't think they'll be intimidated by the building.

Vogel's Game 4 strategy for containing LBJ's post game, which hurt the Pacers in Game 3 - not actually doubling Lebron but having different help defenders 'show' at different times - seemed to work well. If they can limit the Heat role-players to 25-30 points in Game 5, I think the Pacers have a shot at taking it all. Fun series.

lansdale

magwell
05-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Clearly, Game 5 is key, as always, and I think it's going to be close and hard-fought based on what we've seen so far. Don't forget that the Pacers have beaten Miami once at home, and came very close to a second win there. I don't think they'll be intimidated by the building.

Vogel's Game 4 strategy for containing LBJ's post game, which hurt the Pacers in Game 3 - not actually doubling Lebron but having different help defenders 'show' at different times - seemed to work well. If they can limit the Heat role-players to 25-30 points in Game 5, I think the Pacers have a shot at taking it all. Fun series.

lansdale The Heat are lucky they are not down 3 -1 but it's 2 of 3 now and 2 games are in Miami, great series to watch.....go Heat.

hugh
05-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Doing the against the public strategy tonight....
Heat minus the points only getting 34-35% of public money..
I'm on them -7.5 :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

wiffleball whizz
05-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Doing the against the public strategy tonight....
Heat minus the points only getting 34-35% of public money..
I'm on them -7.5 :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Get some heart and lay that 380 for a hundge

magwell
05-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Heat have been exposed, they might win it but they need a big man in the paint if they are going to be the dynasty that everyone in Miami hopes them to be, Lebron is the best there ever was....... IMO .....:)

cj
05-31-2013, 05:03 PM
Heat have been exposed, they might win it but they need a big man in the paint if they are going to be the dynasty that everyone in Miami hopes them to be, Lebron is the best there ever was....... IMO .....:)

Wade looks on his last legs. Miami will need to dump him when his contract is up or they will have problems going forward with what he makes.

RXB
05-31-2013, 06:44 PM

He's the best since Jordan, anyway. Could use a little more help but Wade and Bosh are hurting so he's really going to have to carry the load.

I'm glad to see Stern's comments re: Andersen, who really should've been ejected last night. Won't be surprised if he gets the boot for the next game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9330445/2013-nba-playoffs-david-stern-says-chris-andersen-shove-merited-ejection

wiffleball whizz
05-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Why do they still keep calling these guys the big 3? Yes lebron is a god and 3 years ago when this started wade was still great I just don't get why everybody is so big on bosh.....IMO he stunk at ga tech lead Toronto to nowhere and doesn't have any effect on the heat team...

If anything I'm more impressed with this birdman then anything else...plays his heart out 100 percent....

magwell
05-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Wade looks on his last legs. Miami will need to dump him when his contract is up or they will have problems going forward with what he makes. Yep that is possible, but I think they trade Bosh before they would ever dump Wade, regarding Birdman him out tomorrow hurts the Heat but if it goes 7..... its in Miami go Heat

lansdale
06-01-2013, 06:29 PM

All over but the shooting now. Even if the Pacers take it tonight, they're not getting G.7 in Miami. For a young team, they've had a good run. I don't think you can say they 'exposed' the Heat unless you assume Miami is a great team. As we've mentioned, they're playing in the weaker conference of a league whose quality has already been watered down by expansion. If you compare the Heat to the best teams of the Jordan era - Lakers, Celts, Pistons, Bulls, this Miami team can't compete.

Yes, Lebron is the best now, but not even a casual NBA fan would call him the best ever - certainly not himself. If you're looking for an objective measure of player value, check out career WS (win share) 48 rankings.

Cheers,

lansdale

Canarsie
06-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Why do they still keep calling these guys the big 3? Yes lebron is a god and 3 years ago when this started wade was still great I just don't get why everybody is so big on bosh.....IMO he stunk at ga tech lead Toronto to nowhere and doesn't have any effect on the heat team...

If anything I'm more impressed with this birdman then anything else...plays his heart out 100 percent....

For starters please explain who is everybody? I might be wrong but did LBJ, DW, or CB, ever call themselves the big three or did it come from the press?

Now how has GT done since he left?

How has Toronto done since he left?

You do realize he is playing out of position this year without a drop of tears.

Yesterday was optional gym time and Bosh was the first one there working on his shot. The guy never makes excuses, puts the blame on himself and rightfully so.

No effect on the Heat team? It's nice to have selective amnesia.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/22/2862274/miami-heats-chris-bosh-enjoys.html

Plus these three guys outsmarted the NBA and Stern they had to close that loophole that let them all sign together. Lebron and Wade were smart enough to pick Bosh instead of Stoudemire. Maybe I'm wrong but could their basketball IQ possibly be higher than yours?

I'll take 10 Chris Bosh's over 10 Carmello Anthony's every day of the week. The guy gets on his teammates, is quite vocal, and admits that he's playing like crap, and cried when the lost in the finals. Meanwhile Anthony has a smile on his face when his team is down fifteen points. If I ever had a guy on my team smiling while we were getting crushed instead of waiting for the opponent to do so I would ELBOW him.

How many teams have third options better than him? While he thinks he's a lock for the HOF personally I am on the opposite side of the fence on that issue.

Oh and BTW I don't have a favorite team in the NBA so my opinion of him isn't biased.

ronsmac
06-03-2013, 02:47 PM
No disrespect, but i must disagree emphatically.i've probably watched over 200 heat games these last 3 yrs and Bosh is absolute garbage for the money. Poor rebounder, avg defender at best, can't create his own shot, other than a pick and pop off of a james or wade double team ,he just can't score with any consistency. He has one good game out of four maybe, that's not a good return for 5 yrs 100 million which really effects who the heat can bring in. They must find a way to dump him and his salary next yr.

cj
06-03-2013, 05:18 PM
They must find a way to dump him and his salary next yr.

Maybe if they have an amnesty left. No way is anybody going to pay him what he is due.

magwell
06-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Wade finally showed up and Pacers picked game 7 to come up flat, bring on the Spurs it should be a great series ......go Heat

dav4463
06-06-2013, 01:23 AM
GO SPURS GO!!!

Robert Goren
06-06-2013, 10:08 AM
The Spurs are healthy at playoff time for the first time in several years. It should be a good series although I think OKC would have been there if Westbrook hadn't gone down. The Heat in 7.

Valuist
06-06-2013, 11:00 AM
The Spurs are healthy at playoff time for the first time in several years. It should be a good series although I think OKC would have been there if Westbrook hadn't gone down. The Heat in 7.

I doubt it. They really miss that 3rd option of Harden they had in previous years.

cj
06-06-2013, 11:34 AM
I doubt it. They really miss that 3rd option of Harden they had in previous years.

I don't think OKC would have had any problem beating Memphis, and would have beaten SA in 6 or 7 too. The loss of Harden is overblown. They won more games without him, scored more, and played better defense.

ronsmac
06-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I bashed Bosh earlier and still think he's a mediocre player, but this is a much more favorable matchup for him, I expect him to average 18 points and the heat in 5 games.

Valuist
06-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Interesting that Erin Rynning says SA plus 200 is the series play. He also said they were a bet in game 1 at +5.5, but not at 5.

Robert Fischer
06-06-2013, 08:03 PM
hoping this is called fairly by the referees

lansdale
06-06-2013, 09:16 PM
The Spurs are much stronger than last year, especially the bigs - Duncan is quicker and Splitter is better on the pick and rolls. Miami has no answer for Parker. The key will be SA's perimeter defense - can they limit Heat 3-pt. shooting. I think +190 is a very generous series price.

Robert Fischer
06-06-2013, 11:35 PM
COUNT IT !

Valuist
06-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Feel like lighting up a victory cigar after that. Hard not to root for a well coached team like the Spurs.

ronsmac
06-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Bosh may be even worse than i thought, 6'11" and 5 rebs and 0-4 from 3pts, his last 5 games have been awful. I'm giving him one more chance , if he continues this horrible play, Spoelstra must cut his limits big time.

magwell
06-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Heat need this game like plasma, if they blow this one they are probably not coming back to Miami for a game 6 ........Go Heat

magwell
06-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Well its game 6 and they need this one like oxygen.......Go Heat

wiffleball whizz
06-18-2013, 05:41 PM
El heat is stone dead.....the line on the series now is Miami -135........if it looks so easy feel free to lay $1350 for a 1000 it's stealing money

I'm thinking of blasting a spur money line tonight plus about 295.....

magwell
06-18-2013, 05:50 PM
El heat is stone dead.....the line on the series now is Miami -135........if it looks so easy feel free to lay $1350 for a 1000 it's stealing money

I'm thinking of blasting a spur money line tonight plus about 295..... :) I'll be there rooting against you whizz .....

wiffleball whizz
06-18-2013, 05:57 PM
:) I'll be there rooting against you whizz .....

Enjoy yourself........take some pix of the spurs holding up the trophy tonight!!!

magwell
06-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Enjoy yourself........take some pix of the spurs holding up the trophy tonight!!! It will be a sad night in Miami if that happens........

ronsmac
06-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Miami wins tonight and Thursday and they might win easily.

RXB
06-18-2013, 11:09 PM
This Duncan guy, he looks like he can play a bit.

Stillriledup
06-18-2013, 11:23 PM

I'm thinking of blasting a spur money line tonight plus about 295.....

You know what they say, its only stealing if you get caught! ;)

wiffleball whizz
06-18-2013, 11:36 PM
You know what they say, its only stealing if you get caught! ;)

Never been so livid over gambling in my life....all over a season $30 heat won't win the title with a friend bet and a case of beer with the local butcher....ready to take a bat to the tv.....had better times getting diagnosed with tonsillitis

Stillriledup
06-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Never been so livid over gambling in my life....all over a season $30 heat won't win the title with a friend bet and a case of beer with the local butcher....ready to take a bat to the tv.....had better times getting diagnosed with tonsillitis

Why did you think the Heat werent going to win the title?

RXB
06-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Epic.

cj
06-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Epic choke by the Spurs

Fixed that for you.

wiffleball whizz
06-19-2013, 12:29 AM
Why did you think the Heat werent going to win the title?

Cuz my moron friend laid me 2-1 when the line was them -145....we bet this 15 min after the ravens hit the hail Mary against Denver...

Very strongly considering taking flight to Vegas and bet a 10k heat mOney line in game 7......can't picture a scenario that the heat lose and laying 36k for 10k just seems like the smart move....my life is staring over
In md aug 12 so why not go with 36 less hahahahaha

ronsmac
06-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Just one more baby!!!!

magwell
06-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Wow talk about lucky to win, that was some finish .both teams looked like they hit the wall at the end but the Spurs looked like they hit it twice as hard if they come back to win game 7 it will be a miracle.......Go Heat

wiffleball whizz
06-19-2013, 01:41 AM
My god the heat loving gotta stop here oh my god :lol: :lol:

As much as I'm sick I'm glad u saw a great game....prob one of best I've ever seen in nba!!!!!! I weather the case of beer and $30 loss!!!!!

The heat will be about a 3.5-1 fave shouldn't it be 10/1?

magwell
06-19-2013, 02:12 AM

As much as I'm sick I'm glad u saw a great game....prob one of best I've ever seen in nba!!!!!! I weather the case of beer and $30 loss!!!!!

The heat will be about a 3.5-1 fave shouldn't it be 10/1? Yep, Spurs looked real bad at the end Duncan looked lame and Parker was exhausted, so if they win game 7 they deserve to be the Champs they gave their heart there tonight... I got you pix's also

wiffleball whizz
06-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Yep, Spurs looked real bad at the end Duncan looked lame and Parker was exhausted, so if they win game 7 they deserve to be the Champs they gave their heart there tonight... I got you pix's also

Pix are good

Stillriledup
06-19-2013, 04:12 AM
I think the key to this game was the Spurs not fouling immediately with a 5 pt lead. I think the only way you can get beat is to give up a 3pt shot. You foul and give them a free 2 pts at worst and then you get the ball and they foul you and you get your 2 pts. Turn it into a FT shooting contest, you ought to be able to win that contest with a 5 pt lead.

No?

wiffleball whizz
06-19-2013, 04:18 AM
I think the key to this game was the Spurs not fouling immediately with a 5 pt lead. I think the only way you can get beat is to give up a 3pt shot. You foul and give them a free 2 pts at worst and then you get the ball and they foul you and you get your 2 pts. Turn it into a FT shooting contest, you ought to be able to win that contest with a 5 pt lead.

No?

Prob the smartest post I've read on this site to date.....make them make 5 more ft then you.....with that strategy it's check mate!!!

lamboguy
06-19-2013, 05:29 AM

The heat will be about a 3.5-1 fave shouldn't it be 10/1?looks like a pretty solid move. if it was me, i would be laying the 6 points though.

i am usually wrong though when it comes to sports. i can honestly say that i have a much better percentage picking race horse winners than sports.

cj
06-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Prob the smartest post I've read on this site to date.....make them make 5 more ft then you.....with that strategy it's check mate!!!

I agree (yes, with SRU too). I have no idea why more coaches don't employ that strategy.

wiffleball whizz
06-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Is there any shot the spurs can win this game 7 after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

wiffleball whizz
06-19-2013, 12:31 PM
I agree (yes, with SRU too). I have no idea why more coaches don't employ that strategy.

Could it be that coaches are that scared of somebody hitting a 4 point play? Can't think of any other reason why they don't do it.....just foul before they get set for a 3

Light
06-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Never in my life of watching any sport have I seen a coach take out his best player with the game on the line. That's who you desperately want in. But no. Spurs coach takes out Duncan (who was sensational) with 28 seconds left and up by 5,and again with 20 seconds left, and in both cases SA cant get the rebound. Then with 10 seconds to play,the Spurs get possession of the ball and don't call time out when they are on the other end of the court. The worst coaching I've seen in any sport in my entire life.Mind boggling. Here is an article that echoes my sentiments.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/gregg-poppovich-is-a-genius-but-he-really-screwed-up/

magwell
06-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Duncan was dead lame he couldn't move, that's why Pop had to take him out when he did.....picture a horse that got pulled up sore

Stillriledup
06-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Could it be that coaches are that scared of somebody hitting a 4 point play? Can't think of any other reason why they don't do it.....just foul before they get set for a 3

Many professional sports coaches coach NOT TO LOSE than coaching to WIN. Baseball managers are famous for this with their 'matchups' and what the 'notebook' says despite everyone's eyes telling a different story. (think Brandon League of the Dodgers blowing a 3 run lead a week or 2 ago)

There's an actual rule in the NBA where they won't call a foul on a 3 pt 'attempt' unless its a realistic shot.....Chris Paul was famous for this when he would heave the ball towards the basket at midcourt right as the other team (Popovich included) would employ Hack-a-DJ (Deandre Jordan) and yet, he would NEVER, to my knowledge, get that 3 free throws as a simultaneous foul, they always permitted the hack a nonsense to be the call that they deferred to.

You could be right Whiz, i heard the announcer during last night game emploring them to NOT foul and saying that down 3 and fouling was the only way you could lose....but, in my view, the way you lose is to let the other guys heave up a 3 pt shot and make it. If you're up three with 1.8 seconds left, you foul immediately, you dont let that guy get off a 3, at least that's how i would approach it if i was coaching.

Stillriledup
06-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Is there any shot the spurs can win this game 7 after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

From an emotional standpoint and a 'momentum' standpoint, you would think no....but, you have to also keep in mind that Miami was essentially 'done' and San Anton grabbed defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Both teams are all beat up and pretty tired....game 7 is going to be a battle of wills, who's going to want it more and who's going to fight thru and be the mentally tougher team. Im not sure at this point its about basketball anymore and what i mean by that is we've already seen that thru 6 games, these are pretty equal teams at this point, very little seperates them, but the guts and the heart is what is going to be the difference here.

If SA comes out and is mentally tougher, i wouldnt really want too much money on the Heat as a fairly heavy favorite.

It seems 'easy' to just say the Spurs are 'done' and they might very well be, but Miami kind of spent a lot of emotion and energy also in this win, both teams are 'spent' and i think this could go either way depending on the Spurs mental state.

If you can tap into the Spurs mental state and see if they are 'down' on themselves, you have the winner, its the Heat. If they're a "quietly confident bunch" and this loss didnt affect them at all from a mental standpoint, they could be tough to beat.

Hard call.

Robert Goren
06-19-2013, 01:39 PM
I heard the home team wins 80% of the time in a seven NBA series.

cj
06-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Popovic basically choked that game away. He did not take any advantage of Miami being out of timeouts. That almost never happens so early in the game, and he didn't know how to handle it.

If he plays the foul game, he drastically reduces any chance Miami had of winning the game. It really is that simple. But he didn't, and now he might not get that 5th ring that should have been a gimme.

Stillriledup
06-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Popovic basically choked that game away. He did not take any advantage of Miami being out of timeouts. That almost never happens so early in the game, and he didn't know how to handle it.

If he plays the foul game, he drastically reduces any chance Miami had of winning the game. It really is that simple. But he didn't, and now he might not get that 5th ring that should have been a gimme.

Totally agree. He coached like it was his first ever game.

Charli125
06-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Never in my life of watching any sport have I seen a coach take out his best player with the game on the line. That's who you desperately want in. But no. Spurs coach takes out Duncan (who was sensational) with 28 seconds left and up by 5,and again with 20 seconds left, and in both cases SA cant get the rebound. Then with 10 seconds to play,the Spurs get possession of the ball and don't call time out when they are on the other end of the court. The worst coaching I've seen in any sport in my entire life.Mind boggling. Here is an article that echoes my sentiments.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/gregg-poppovich-is-a-genius-but-he-really-screwed-up/

The Pacers did the exact thing against the Heat when they pulled Hibbert allowing Lebron an easy layup to win the game. Unbelievable.

Stillriledup
06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Amazingly ironic that the Spurs were fined 250k for "resting" Tim Duncan (among others) and now, they rest him again, in Miami, for the final few seconds of this very game.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8695865/nba-fines-san-antonio-spurs-250000-sitting-players

Hank
06-19-2013, 03:58 PM
It stops the clock and reduces your lead.

ronsmac
06-19-2013, 04:52 PM
ironically Erik Spoelstra has done a miserable job these playoffs yet its Popovich who makes the big blunders late.

Stillriledup
06-19-2013, 05:22 PM
ironically Erik Spoelstra has done a miserable job these playoffs yet its Popovich who makes the big blunders late.

If these guys are making blunders that a 5th grader might not make, that speaks volumes to the Clippers to NOT mortgage the farm for Doc Rivers. Coaches dont matter, don't give up players for a coach, its stupid.

cj
06-19-2013, 05:33 PM

We all know that. That is old school, but wrong, thinking. Do you know how hard it would be to lose a free throw shooting contest by 5 points in the last 28 seconds, particularly when you don't have to foul until the other team gets near midcourt because they have no timeouts and have to inbound in the backcourt? It is nearly impossible, and a lot less likely than what actually did happen, giving up two threes and missing one of two free throws.

cj
06-19-2013, 05:34 PM
I can't bring myself to do it, but I bet the Spurstalk message board is hilarious today.

Stillriledup
06-19-2013, 05:46 PM

Both true, what CJ says is accurate also. The key here is this. You don't need to win by 5 pts, you just need to win by 1. So, you have 4 pts to 'play with'. You just need to have your guy not get outscored by Ray Allen by 5 pts in a FT shooting contest. That shouldnt be hard, even if you only make 1 out of 2 in consecutive trips.

Stillriledup
06-19-2013, 05:50 PM
I can't bring myself to do it, but I bet the Spurstalk message board is hilarious today.

here are the topics threads over there, since you asked ;)

Manu will be the scapegoat as usual

I am still devastated and can't shake it

Guys wake up, Game 6 wasnt a collapse

Heat fans left early, wanted back in the stadium after Heat forced OT. Pathetic

Tim Donaghy. How Refs rigged NBA.

Popovich on fouling when up by 3. "We don't do that".

Hank
06-20-2013, 12:07 AM
We all know that. That is old school, but wrong, thinking. Do you know how hard it would be to lose a free throw shooting contest by 5 points in the last 28 seconds, particularly when you don't have to foul until the other team gets near midcourt because they have no timeouts and have to inbound in the backcourt? It is nearly impossible, and a lot less likely than what actually did happen, giving up two threes and missing one of two free throws.

Ok I'm convinced lol. But this begs the question why don't the best coaches in the world do it?Hint, moves that 'appear' sound to a very strong 1800 rated chess player a 2700 player would never consider.

Stillriledup
06-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Ok I'm convinced lol. But this begs the question why don't the best coaches in the world do it?Hint, moves that 'appear' sound to a very strong 1800 rated chess player a 2700 player would never consider.

Because the 'best coaches' are not nearly as smart as meets the eye. Many of them are stupid ex athletes who got hit in the head too many times during their playing careers.

wiffleball whizz
06-20-2013, 03:12 AM
Pretty suprised the line is 6 or 5.5......telling me line makers expect the spurs to play strong....I may go against logic and take a spur money line

Stillriledup
06-20-2013, 03:46 AM
Pretty suprised the line is 6 or 5.5......telling me line makers expect the spurs to play strong....I may go against logic and take a spur money line

Mia just doesnt have strong enough legs to blow these guys out, this figures to be another nip and tuck game that's going to come down to sheer will.

The one thing that would concern me about Miami is that they normally win games by being much the best..in this case, they're going to have to win with , guts, heart and an unwavering will to not get beat. If SA has more heart in this one game, Miami is no lock, this being the end of the season, both these teams are tired, its going to come down to some luck and guts.

Another edge that SA has is that really nobody is giving them a chance and they may use that to their advantage.

Robert Fischer
06-20-2013, 10:05 AM
If anyone's legs are weary it is the Spurs.
They had the lead at the top of the stretch last game and gamely went for it all, only to be nipped at the wire.

I think Wade could be the x-factor in game 7. If he can get something going, Miami will be in good shape.

San Antonio will need to execute perfectly, while LeBron who merely has to bull his way in and draw fouls is higher percentage.

Duncan was amazing for much of game 6, and he will need to do that again to give the Spurs a consistency.

Stillriledup
06-20-2013, 03:49 PM
If anyone's legs are weary it is the Spurs.
They had the lead at the top of the stretch last game and gamely went for it all, only to be nipped at the wire.

I think Wade could be the x-factor in game 7. If he can get something going, Miami will be in good shape.

San Antonio will need to execute perfectly, while LeBron who merely has to bull his way in and draw fouls is higher percentage.

Duncan was amazing for much of game 6, and he will need to do that again to give the Spurs a consistency.

If the Spurs had the weaker legs, Miami would have beaten them already in the series.

ronsmac
06-20-2013, 03:56 PM
I want everyone to watch how many times Tony Parker pushes up with that left hand tonight, because he's so small they never call it but it creates space for him.

Valuist
06-20-2013, 05:08 PM
66% of totals tickets are on the Over. But the total has fallen from 190 to 188.

Joe Public is on the Over.
Joey the Sharp is on the Under.

Robert Fischer
06-20-2013, 06:50 PM
66% of totals tickets are on the Over. But the total has fallen from 190 to 188.

and 68% currently on Spurs+5.5 pts.

I want the Spurs to win, but I think Miami -5.5 is the play.

Stillriledup
06-20-2013, 07:03 PM
and 68% currently on Spurs+5.5 pts.

I want the Spurs to win, but I think Miami -5.5 is the play.

Geez, that's a lot of points to lay, but i think you have to lay them, what happened to SA was crushing and while they may be telling themselves its all going to be ok, their confidence took a big hit. You can't be anything less than 100% confident to win a game 7 on the road vs the League's reigning MVP.

Here's another thing to think about. Now i know that nobody wants to suggest that this particular sports league 'skews' results, but i believe that this league is built around stars, individual stars, the NBA is the 'starmaker' they're better than American Idol at making a star.

Lebron is the game's brightest star and knowing the how the nba 'works' i'd have a hard time betting against him in this game.

magwell
06-20-2013, 07:29 PM
At what site do you guys get the % of sides ?

Robert Fischer
06-20-2013, 08:26 PM
At what site do you guys get the % of sides ?http://www.thespread.com/nba-basketball-public-betting-chart#.UcOdl3c1NhF

sammy the sage
06-20-2013, 08:57 PM
spurs SHOT their wad...so-to-speak....Miami will cruise to an easy victory here.

Robert Fischer
06-20-2013, 10:54 PM
LeBron James

Robert Fischer
06-20-2013, 11:51 PM

good call

Stillriledup
06-21-2013, 12:25 AM
There's ANOTHER "Big Game" James in Florida. :ThmbUp:

wiffleball whizz
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Local bookmakers couldn't afford another over.....

I'll be buying my first ever case of beer for the local butcher..

Next stop preseason football

And I will run a jay trotter pool.....will be Lots of fun

ronsmac
06-21-2013, 01:11 AM
We did it! Yes I said we .

magwell
06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Wow talk about lucky to win, that was some finish .both teams looked like they hit the wall at the end but the Spurs looked like they hit it twice as hard if they come back to win game 7 it will be a miracle.......Go Heat It was like 2 good horses in a stretch battle every time the Heat looked like they would draw away the Spurs came back at them, but in the end the Heat wore them down, was great......Go Heat

Valuist
06-21-2013, 09:50 AM
At what site do you guys get the % of sides ?

www.sportsbookspy.com

magwell
06-21-2013, 11:51 AM
http://www.thespread.com/nba-basketball-public-betting-chart#.UcOdl3c1NhF Thx.......Go Heat

cj
06-21-2013, 11:56 AM
MVP should have been shared by Popovic and Ginobli.

magwell
06-21-2013, 12:01 PM
www.sportsbookspy.com (http://www.sportsbookspy.com) Thx

Hosshead
06-21-2013, 06:36 PM
The Spurs' effort to stop James and Wade from always driving to the basket, left a huge cushion around them.

With that large cushion, the Spurs were consistently too late in getting back to the shooter who was (by then) shooting an open jumper.

So James and Wade were basically doing their shake and bake ...
then pulling up and shooting medium range UN-guarded jump shots.
Those two guys can make that shot all night !

Just like the shoot around before the game !

Stillriledup
06-21-2013, 09:21 PM
The Spurs' effort to stop James and Wade from always driving to the basket, left a huge cushion around them.

With that large cushion, the Spurs were consistently too late in getting back to the shooter who was (by then) shooting an open jumper.

So James and Wade were basically doing their shake and bake ...
then pulling up and shooting medium range UN-guarded jump shots.
Those two guys can make that shot all night !

Just like the shoot around before the game !

The series was won on defense. Miami's defense was really good, they just didnt give San Anton much room to work with, that was the difference.

Stillriledup
11-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Boy do times change and in a hurry, Heat getting PLUS SEVEN POINT FIVE points tonight at HOME vs Golden State.

magwell
11-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Boy do times change and in a hurry, Heat getting PLUS SEVEN POINT FIVE points tonight at HOME vs Golden State.Yep and pretty depressing for us Heat fans even with Wade playing we'd be a dog tonight against GS, Lebron spoiled Heat fans for 4 years, now we are just another average team...........

Stillriledup
11-25-2014, 08:06 PM
Yep and pretty depressing for us Heat fans even with Wade playing we'd be a dog tonight against GS, Lebron spoiled Heat fans for 4 years, now we are just another average team...........

So i guess Todd Schrupp won't be gloating and sticking his world championship rings in our faces anymore? :D

magwell
11-25-2014, 08:57 PM
So i guess Todd Schrupp won't be gloating and sticking his world championship rings in our faces anymore? :D Heat are still a playoff team when Wade is healthy........Go Heat

Canarsie
11-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Heat are still a playoff team when Wade is healthy........Go Heat

This is the type of fan I think are the best in the world. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
One that sticks through his or hers team thick or thin.

One thing I can't stand if when the so called fan buys a jersey of another team without actually switching allegiances. That is the biggest form of treason in sports according to my so called logic.

Well done Magwell Miami needs many more fans like you.

cj
11-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Heat are still a playoff team when Wade is healthy........Go Heat

He hasn't been healthy for years.

magwell
11-26-2014, 11:25 AM
He hasn't been healthy for years.Wow !! brilliant deduction, thanks for the info.........:rolleyes:

cj
11-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Wow !! brilliant deduction, thanks for the info.........:rolleyes:

About as brilliant as your observation in that case.

If Durant and Westbrook were healthy all year, they'd be at least 12-3. How's that?

I do think it is cool you stick by your team. How have the crowds been this year in Miami?

magwell
11-26-2014, 12:03 PM
About as brilliant as your observation in that case.

If Durant and Westbrook were healthy all year, they'd be at least 12-3. How's that?

I do think it is cool you stick by your team. How have the crowds been this year in Miami?Yes, and if the Queen had balls she'd be King. Seriously CJ we have been going thru withdrawals without Lebron, it's just not fun but it is what it is, us fans will have to live with it. It was a pleasure watching him play,at least you will have your guys back........

cj
11-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Yes, and if the Queen had balls she'd be King. Seriously CJ we have been going thru withdrawals without Lebron, it's just not fun but it is what it is, us fans will have to live with it. It was a pleasure watching him play,at least you will have your guys back........

I hear ya...been painful here, and they won't be here forever, but I'll still be a fan.

Canarsie
11-27-2014, 11:11 AM
I hear ya...been painful here, and they won't be here forever, but I'll still be a fan.

Another true fan but I think the whole board knew this years ago.You root for the uniform not the player.

magwell
12-24-2014, 09:04 AM
There is a bad odor lingering over Miami today, after a humble defeat by the terrible 76's last night..........

Stillriledup
12-24-2014, 09:09 AM
There is a bad odor lingering over Miami today, after a humble defeat by the terrible 76's last night..........

All heat players should get 76ers tattoos on their bodies somewhere as punishment.

Fans will have bags on their heads for sure at the next game.

magwell
12-24-2014, 10:06 AM
All heat players should get 76ers tattoos on their bodies somewhere as punishment.

Fans will have bags on their heads for sure at the next game.It may get to that yet, meanwhile It's hard to believe just one player could turn the NBA completely upside down that fast.....in the dictionary under MVP should be a pix of Lebron...........

Stillriledup
12-24-2014, 07:18 PM
It may get to that yet, meanwhile It's hard to believe just one player could turn the NBA completely upside down that fast.....in the dictionary under MVP should be a pix of Lebron...........

Part of it is the built in excuse theory, those guys dont have to play as hard as they can, they can just blame losing lebron to their woes, losing to Pha has nothing at all to do with Lebron, but mentally, maybe they're shot for the time being. Its pretty depressing losing the best player on the planet for no real reason, so its a downer for sure, there's carryover. They need to move on mentally. Its tough.

magwell
12-25-2014, 10:04 AM
It is reported on local TV and in the Miami Herald that 4 court side seats were sold for 60 k, for today's game vs, the Cavs.........:)

cj
12-25-2014, 12:37 PM
My dream scenario would have been for the Heat to win the East this year, but they stink.

magwell
02-22-2015, 11:51 AM
My dream scenario would have been for the Heat to win the East this year, but they stink.There is a bad odor lingering over Miami today, like burning garbage.........Us Heat fans are now looking ahead to the Marlins hoping they can break 500 this year, sad times in Miami.......:-((

ronsmac
02-22-2015, 12:25 PM
My dream scenario would have been for the Heat to win the East this year, but they stink.
Wow that was a dream. My dream scenario was for the Heat to finish last in the East, but that's not going to happen either.

Canarsie
02-23-2015, 09:39 AM
There is a bad odor lingering over Miami today, like burning garbage.........Us Heat fans are now looking ahead to the Marlins hoping they can break 500 this year, sad times in Miami.......:-((

Your a true Heat fan and proud to admit it. It's easy to root for a winner but very hard to keep up one's enthusiasm when they head south. I commend guys like you it's hard to watch some of their games especially when the offense goes completely stagnant.

When someones asks what does fan really mean the name "magwell" would go to the top of the list for a definition.

magwell
02-23-2015, 10:21 AM
Your a true Heat fan and proud to admit it. It's easy to root for a winner but very hard to keep up one's enthusiasm when they head south. I commend guys like you it's hard to watch some of their games especially when the offense goes completely stagnant.

When someones asks what does fan really mean the name "magwell" would go to the top of the list for a definition.Thanks for the kind words Canarsie, your right a lot of people are jumping ship, good tickets are getting easy to get now........