PDA

View Full Version : Just a Stock Market Pick

hugh
05-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Some of you remember me posting a message on this same symbol. I think it's time folks. Volitility will return to the stock market and I think this will explode. Massive upside. This is what I would be in in case the market tanks.
VelocityShares Daily 2x VIX ST ETN (TVIX)

Sort of a gamble and definitly not a pump on my part. Just a theory.
Long at 2.70.. was 105 in 2012.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Tape Reader
05-22-2013, 03:31 PM
I think the media will be calling today a "key reversal."

hugh
06-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Looking good. Long and Strong with Massive Upside potential.. just look at the Nikkei in Japan... I think that's exactly what the Dow will do in the next month... and volatility will balloon.
TVIX is Up over 10%.. looks like I called the top this time.

lamboguy
06-05-2013, 07:36 PM
there is a guy that predicted june 5 as a turn date for the markets. http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1369628603.php

Tape Reader
06-12-2013, 07:31 PM
You still got it right, so far.

Robert Fischer
06-13-2013, 02:38 PM
should we start shorting Apple and Google, now that businesses are going to start using other methods than online storage with such "public" companies? Or will it take a while and sink in gradually?

RaceBookJoe
06-13-2013, 04:42 PM
The play today was /ES long especially with pomo of $3B today. /ES made a huge run.

hugh
06-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Not to toot my own horn but TVIX is doing pretty damn good..
Hit a high of 3.85 today... 35% is not bad for less than a month...
Got to remember that this was close to 100 just last year... If the US pulls a Japan there is no reason this cant hit 10 bucks quickly.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

badcompany
06-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Yeah, it's only down ~75% from when you first touted this stock last fall.

I'm sure you'll be featured in Jack Schwager's next "Market Wizards" book.

Tape Reader
06-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah, it's only down ~75% from when you first touted this stock last fall.

I'm sure you'll be featured in Jack Schwager's next "Market Wizards" book.

IMO, hugh is pretty good at picking turning points. The instrument he uses may not reflect that, but as I remember, he has hit short term turning points fairly accurately.

badcompany
06-20-2013, 07:15 PM
IMO, hugh is pretty good at picking turning points. The instrument he uses may not reflect that, but as I remember, he has hit short term turning points fairly accurately.

I wasn't saying that I made a lot (or any) money on TVIX yet. Just that it had explosive potential.
I think of TVIX as a long term hold. When things get crazy in the broader market TVIX will wake up. As for being a tout... this is a modest forum. I'm not pushing the thing. Just giving out an interesting trade.

Did I read the "Long term hold" part incorrectly?

If you hit the early double, but, give the money back and then some, YOU LOST.

If your horse jumps out to an early lead, but, subsequently quits, YOU LOST.

He called a top at SPY 144. I told people, here, to be patient, but, the marks were patting him on the back when the market dropped a bit.

Even with the recent pull back, SPY is at 159, and TVIX which had a 1 to 10 reverse split because the price dropped so much is down 75% in a market that's up 10%.

The way to have made money via Hugh was to go the George Costanza route, and do the exact opposite.

RaceBookJoe
06-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Not to toot my own horn but TVIX is doing pretty damn good..
Hit a high of 3.85 today... 35% is not bad for less than a month...
Got to remember that this was close to 100 just last year... If the US pulls a Japan there is no reason this cant hit 10 bucks quickly.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

You made a great market call, but again, for now, your trade vehicle is terrible. TVIX moved 61cents on a day the dow got hammered 350pts, not to mention yesterdays selloff. Unless you have a boatload of shares ( which will be a ton of commissions ) you aren't making the money you should be on that call. I mean actually $$, not % which is meaningless. Today was shooting fish in a barrel with both /ES and UVXY. But you seem comfortable and really like TVIX, every trader is different. What broker do you use by the way?