PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Coburn: What a scumbag.

mostpost
05-20-2013, 10:32 PM
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/oklahoma-gop-sen-tom-coburn-will-seek-to

Sen. Tom Coburn is going to insist on offsetting cuts in the federal budget before he votes for any aid to tornado victims in his own state. I thought he was a scumbag when he voted against aid to victims of superstorm Sandy. Now I think he is a man without a soul. Putting ideology ahead of people is what fascists and communists do.

BlueShoe
05-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Putting ideology ahead of people is what fascists and communists do.
And what Liberal or so called "Progressive" Democrats do since they fit right in and qualify under both of the above labels.

Tom
05-20-2013, 11:01 PM
What scumbag democrats would refuse the cuts if aid depended on them?
Your social programs are more important?

Works both ways, Eintstien.

mostpost
05-20-2013, 11:11 PM
What scumbag democrats would refuse the cuts if aid depended on them?
Your social programs are more important?

Works both ways, Eintstien.

Fortunately there are still enough sensible Republicans that the aid will pass without strings. That does not excuse Coburn. Next time you call someone Einstein, try to spell it right. Makes it so much more effective.

JustRalph
05-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Fortunately there are still enough sensible Republicans that the aid will pass without strings. That does not excuse Coburn. Next time you call someone Einstein, try to spell it right. Makes it so much more effective.

He still doesn't get it. :lol:

Maybe I should post some links to the threads at DU where the Dems are calling for the Feds to ignore the tragedy in Oklahoma. All in the name of politics. Lots of assholes on both sides

TJDave
05-21-2013, 12:01 AM
It's easy to be 'principled' when you're about to retire.

Probably profitable, as well. ;)

johnhannibalsmith
05-21-2013, 12:03 AM
... Next time you call someone Einstein, try to spell it right...

How f'ing long you been reading and posting here? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2013, 01:11 AM
How f'ing long you been reading and posting here? :lol: :lol: :lol:He's way too occupied spinning for the big 'D'...you'll have to forgive him if he doesn't catch on to some of the insider jokes around here...

Robert Goren
05-21-2013, 06:14 AM
I really don't think this is the time for stupid insider jokes. Please give it a rest of a couple of days out of respect for the victims of this terrible tragedy. Nothing is funny tonight.

fast4522
05-21-2013, 06:31 AM
I think that ANY United States Senator who does not try to hold back some Trillions of US moneys being spent that we can not afford are the real scumbags. Our National sovereignty is at stake, and while it is just to aid this massive tragedy it is also just to put some on the chopping block to do it.

tucker6
05-21-2013, 06:31 AM
I really don't think this is the time for stupid insider jokes. Please give it a rest of a couple of days out of respect for the victims of this terrible tragedy. Nothing is funny tonight.
Oh stop it with this sort of crap. So I'm to believe you haven't read one thing to do with horses in the past 12 hours nor have thought about any races today/tomorrow out of respect for people you never knew? Should we halt our lives out of respect for the people being killed in Syria by their govt? Should we stop every time a ferry boat capsizes with hundreds lost at sea? Where would this sadness effect end for you? Today? Tomorrow? Next week? What you fail to notice is that there's always a victim to mourn every hour of every day. You have to push past it and keep living.

Robert Goren
05-21-2013, 06:36 AM
This goes show that some of politicians just don't know when to shut up. That includes the idiot of a democratic senator from Rhode Island as well.

Robert Goren
05-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Oh stop it with this sort of crap. So I'm to believe you haven't read one thing to do with horses in the past 12 hours nor have thought about any races today/tomorrow out of respect for people you never knew? Should we halt our lives out of respect for the people being killed in Syria by their govt? Should we stop every time a ferry boat capsizes with hundreds lost at sea? Where would this sadness effect end for you? Today? Tomorrow? Next week? What you fail to notice is that there's always a victim to mourn every hour of every day. You have to push past it and keep living.Actually I haven't read much about a horse racing in the past 12 hours. I generally try to take Monday and Tuesday off from betting. In case you haven't figured it out yet, one of the victims of this disaster is one of our own. Thank God, he and his family are safe. Can't you just give it a rest for a few days.

tucker6
05-21-2013, 06:56 AM
Actually I haven't read much about a horse racing in the past 12 hours. I generally try to take Monday and Tuesday off from betting. In case you haven't figured it out yet, one of the victims of this disaster is one of our own. Thank God, he and his family are safe. Can't you just give it a rest for a few days.
In case you didn't know, I was the second response in that thread...

Stopping everything I do to somehow makes the victims situations less burdensome is kinda silly don't you think. If I knew the victims or lived there where I could lend a hand it would be one thing, but being 1,500 miles away when I don't know them is another matter. The only thing you and I can and should do is offer our moral and/or financial support to the families affected. Nothing more or less.

ArlJim78
05-21-2013, 07:49 AM
A rare example of a principled senator. It's prudent to offset the money. Forces all of them to keep the pork out and spend more wisely. The progressive ideology dictates that we spend money that we don't have on any and all causes they deem compassionate, in the process bankrupting the country and future generations. The definition of selfishness.

johnhannibalsmith
05-21-2013, 10:45 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Get a grip. Tom always misspells his name intentionally in deference to the "insider joke", he wasn't trying to be funny here. The "insider joke" reference goes to why he misspells it intentionally. Nobody was making a joke, not that it matters if they were, but it is hardly shocking that a) the whole thing went farther over your head than it did mosite's (ooooops, I suppose that spelling of his name is disrespectful to tornado victims) and b) you would find some lame ass reason to act just like the senator that you bemoan here and figure out some half-baked way to tie the tragedy to something completely irrelevant to the actual tragedy and yell like Grandpa Simpson from your ivory tower.

By the way, are you going to bitch at mosite for starting this thread? Is this "the time" by your standards to have a political conversation about disaster relief? To call Coburn a "scumbag"? You feel so strongly about these things, I'm sure the thread itself has to be at least as bad as making a joke that has nothing to do with the tragedy at all.

mostpost
05-21-2013, 02:17 PM
He's way too occupied spinning for the big 'D'...you'll have to forgive him if he doesn't catch on to some of the insider jokes around here...
I just find it difficult to differentiate when Tom is misspelling as part of some insider joke and when he is doing it because he is too lazy to spell check,

mostpost
05-21-2013, 02:27 PM
By the way, are you going to bitch at mosite for starting this thread? Is this "the time" by your standards to have a political conversation about disaster relief? To call Coburn a "scumbag"? You feel so strongly about these things, I'm sure the thread itself has to be at least as bad as making a joke that has nothing to do with the tragedy at all.
I just went to the thread "Ok. Tornadoes The Fault Of Republicans" I wanted to read your criticism of JustRalph for starting a thread politicizing this disaster. I was shocked and amazed when I found nothing of the sort. Double standard???

Saratoga_Mike
05-21-2013, 02:30 PM
I just find it difficult to differentiate when Tom is misspelling as part of some insider joke and when he is doing it because he is too lazy to spell check,

How about the grammar check - the kind where we end declarative sentences with periods rather than commas?

johnhannibalsmith
05-21-2013, 02:32 PM
I just went to the thread "Ok. Tornadoes The Fault Of Republicans" I wanted to read your criticism of JustRalph for starting a thread politicizing this disaster. I was shocked and amazed when I found nothing of the sort. Double standard???

You need to spend even more time reading, and then learn how to absorb what you read, because at no point did I criticize you for starting the thread. Nowhere. Point me to it. I criticized Goren for not taking you to task since he's the one that seems to be selectively outraged by anyone talking about the topic outside of the realm of prayers and sympathy. For a guy that prides himself on being the sharpest knife in the drawer, it's hard to imagine that you struggle this much with basic comprehension.

mostpost
05-21-2013, 03:57 PM
You need to spend even more time reading, and then learn how to absorb what you read, because at no point did I criticize you for starting the thread. Nowhere. Point me to it. I criticized Goren for not taking you to task since he's the one that seems to be selectively outraged by anyone talking about the topic outside of the realm of prayers and sympathy. For a guy that prides himself on being the sharpest knife in the drawer, it's hard to imagine that you struggle this much with basic comprehension.
It has nothing to do with basic comprehension. Here is what you wrote.

In your own words, you are criticizing me for starting the thread and criticizing RG for not criticizing me. Your last sentence tells us how bad you think this thread is. Clearly you are unhappy with this thread being here.

I can not read your mind to discern the secret, hidden meanings of your posts. I can only go by what you write. Perhaps if you do not wish to be misinterpreted, you should develop your writing skills.

Both you and PA have a bad habit of writing something, then complaining that they never said it and are being misinterpreted.

Robert Goren
05-21-2013, 04:05 PM
How about the grammar check - the kind where we end declarative sentences with periods rather than commas? Where can I get a grammar check program? Heaven knows I need one bad.

Saratoga_Mike
05-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Where can I get a grammar check program? Heaven knows I need one bad.

I don't care about anyone's grammar or spelling, but Mostie seems to

....and you need one badly, no?

johnhannibalsmith
05-21-2013, 04:19 PM
It has nothing to do with basic comprehension. Here is what you wrote.

In your own words, you are criticizing me for starting the thread and criticizing RG for not criticizing me. Your last sentence tells us how bad you think this thread is. Clearly you are unhappy with this thread being here.

I can not read your mind to discern the secret, hidden meanings of your posts. I can only go by what you write. Perhaps if you do not wish to be misinterpreted, you should develop your writing skills.

Both you and PA have a bad habit of writing something, then complaining that they never said it and are being misinterpreted.

Wow. You really are pathetic when you put your mind to it. You can't read my mind, but have figured out that I am unhappy with the thread, even though my only replies have been to question Goren's choice of who he gets upset at.

You are willingly being an idiot to save face or something. There is absolutely no way to read what I wrote, especially in the context of my other posts, and deduce that I am mad that you started the thread and not that I am getting on Robert's case for being mad by Tom's use of 'Eintstein', but not by you starting a thread calling Coburn a scumbag.

If you can't understand that and aren't just in a really weak spin mode, then my apologies for your unfortunate condition. I thought you just played the fool when it suited you, not that it was genuine.

newtothegame
05-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Where can I get a grammar check program? Heaven knows I need one bad.
If you are serious Goren, and you have "Word", it provides many spell check functions and grammatical errors.

Just type what you wish into word, have it show you the errors, fix them...then copy and paste.....
Although I hardly believe that to be serious....after all, you are just here to stir the pot!! :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
05-21-2013, 05:01 PM

....and you need one badly, no?

:D

Goren, whatever you do, don't go fixing up your posts here. It would be like Tom filtering all of his. Part of the charm of some people's posts are the little nuances like many of yours. I love that you omit words from posts that end up making them imply the opposite of what you mean and that I've been reading your stuff long enough that I know that you forgot the "not" or the "never" after "I would" because there's no way that you meant it the way that you actually typed it. :D

Golf and Horses
05-21-2013, 07:15 PM
How about the grammar check - the kind where we end declarative sentences with periods rather than commas?
Ahhh...GRAMMAR!
The difference between :

Feeling you're nuts and Feeling your nuts :eek:

TJDave
05-21-2013, 07:25 PM

Nothing is too good for you. ;)

ArlJim78
05-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Coburn is a very decent person and fine senator. He's a tireless advocate for taxpayers, trying to make sure that tax money isn't wasted or spent on frauds. One of the few responsible adults in congress. but of course to todays modern hysterical progressive that makes him a scumbag, fascist and without a soul.