PDA

View Full Version : Ok Tornado is the fault of Republicans

JustRalph
05-20-2013, 10:00 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/20/democratic-senator-goes-on-anti-gop-rant-over-climate-change-as-tornadoes-hit-oklahoma/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Amazing........

fast4522
05-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Just another jack ass pushing for civil war, many will side with the opinion that we need carbon taxes to save us from ourselves. But the truth is we will see much more devastation in our lifetime due to the fact that the earth is not doing anything new. There are more affected and yes dead because there are more people living in parts where there were much less living there before. There are really nice places in the country that many have made home that are overdue for havoc in our time. As a people we have to learn to not be divided by agenda driven shape shifters.

mostpost
05-20-2013, 11:24 PM
I will bet you that Senator Whitehouse will vote for aid for Oklahoma tornado victims without strings. Which is more than we can say for Oklahoma's own Senator Coburn. AKA: The man without a soul.

In any case Sen. Whitehouse is correct. Man made climate change does include severe weather events. Only the willfully ignorant deny this.

elysiantraveller
05-20-2013, 11:30 PM
In any case Sen. Whitehouse is correct. Man made climate change does include severe weather events. Only the willfully ignorant deny
this.

Except that thus far this has been one of the quietest years ever for Tornado Activity...

But by all means keep slinging that mud.

mostpost
05-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Except that thus far this has been one of the quietest years ever for Tornado Activity...

But by all means keep slinging that mud.
That would appear to be changing.

cj's dad
05-21-2013, 12:19 AM

You are truly a foolish man

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2013, 01:08 AM
That would appear to be changing.Fooled by randomness yet again...you really should read Taleb...it appears that the climate fetishists would be the perfect subject for a Nassim sequel....

elysiantraveller
05-21-2013, 02:54 AM

Um... no...

There have been significantly fewer tornadoes this year pointblankperiod.

The only difference is this year they happen to be touching down in population center's as opposed to your standard random trailer park.

Robert Goren
05-21-2013, 06:06 AM
It is so sad that politics found its way into this disaster. I guess it to happen sooner or latter, but you would think they could back off at least until they have got all the dead found. Sen. Whitehouse should be ashamed of himself. This is not the time to start a debate over global warming.

Actor
05-21-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm sure Michelle Bachmann thinks the tornado is God punishing Oklahoma for something. :rolleyes:

Saratoga_Mike
05-21-2013, 09:38 AM
It is so sad that politics found its way into this disaster. I guess it to happen sooner or latter, but you would think they could back off at least until they have got all the dead found. Sen. Whitehouse should be ashamed of himself. This is not the time to start a debate over global warming.

well said

iceknight
05-21-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm sure Michelle Bachmann thinks the tornado is God punishing Oklahoma for something. :rolleyes: You didn't read post #9 ? Even while saying you are being sarcastic.. you are just adding fuel to the political fire.. <shakes head icon>

mostpost
05-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Fooled by randomness yet again...you really should read Taleb...it appears that the climate fetishists would be the perfect subject for a Nassim sequel....
Yet the deniers have no problem citing a random cold spell or even a snowstorm as proof that climate change does not exist.

rastajenk
05-21-2013, 01:35 PM
No, we don't. We deniers have no problem citing weather as a gentle kick in the ribs of the believers after they've used weather to support climate change. Big difference. :p

tucker6
05-21-2013, 02:37 PM
No, we don't. We deniers have no problem citing weather as a gentle kick in the ribs of the believers after they've used weather to support climate change. Big difference. :p
^^^^
this

The left has no idea how much we laugh at their insistence that everything including the sun is caused by global warming.

tucker6
05-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Oh boy. Someone let Senator Boxer out of her rubber room:

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif. – Chair of Senate Environment & Public Works Committee) took to the Senate floor and invoked the Oklahoma tornadoes in her speech on global warming.

“This is climate change. We were warned about extreme weather. Not just hot weather. But extreme weather. When I had my hearings, when I had the gavel years ago. -It’s been a while – the scientists all agreed that what we’d start to see was extreme weather. And people looked at one another and said ‘what do you mean? It’s gonna get hot?’ Yeah, it’s gonna get hot. But you’re also going to see snow in the summer in some places. You’re gonna have terrible storms. You’re going to have tornados and all the rest. We need to protect our people. That’s our number one obligation and we have to deal with this threat that is upon us and that is gonna get worse and worse though the years.”

also plugged her own bill, cosponsored with Sen. Bernie Sanders that would put a tax on carbon. [b]“Carbon could cost us the planet,” she said. “The least we could do is put a little charge on it so people move to clean energy.”

tucker6
05-21-2013, 02:42 PM
It is so sad that politics found its way into this disaster. I guess it to happen sooner or latter, but you would think they could back off at least until they have got all the dead found. Sen. Whitehouse should be ashamed of himself. This is not the time to start a debate over global warming.As should Boxer, et la. Just come out and say it. The democrats are shameless hucksters regardless of day or week.

LottaKash
05-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Only the willfully ignorant deny this.

Well now you can get back to "Pravda" (in English, of course)...:rolleyes:

Tom
05-21-2013, 03:49 PM
I don't know about that ditz Boxer, but most of us are carbon-based life forms.
If we are going get rid of carbon, let's start with her. Then......

Rise Over Run
05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't know about that ditz Boxer, but most of us are carbon-based life forms.
If we are going get rid of carbon, let's start with her. Then......
I FULLY agree. DOWN WITH CARBON!

iceknight
05-21-2013, 09:26 PM
This tragedy, like many others, will not get political at all..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/20/oklahoma-senators-disaster-relief_n_3309234.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

The point is... how come politicians like this still keep on getting elected? and not more guys like ron paul etc.?

Tom
05-21-2013, 09:30 PM
There are many idiots out there.
We allow them to vote and breed.
Pity.

vegasone
05-22-2013, 03:44 PM
It sounds intuitive: Of course global warming should lead to more—and more powerful—tornadoes.

There is no real evidence that tornadoes are happening more often. A lot more are being recorded now than in 1950, but a closer look at the data shows the increase is only in the weakest category, EF-0. There's been no increase in stronger twisters, and maybe even a slight decrease in EF-4s and EF-5s.

There is also no evidence that tornadoes have gotten more damaging, according to a study by Roger Pielke, Jr., of the University of Colorado and his colleagues. Even so, when you allow for inflation and increases in population and wealth in the United States, 2011 becomes the third worst year for tornado damage, after 1953 and 1965.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/05/130522-tornado-climate-change-oklahoma-science-global-warming/