PDA

View Full Version : Great racing article--enjoy

wiffleball whizz
05-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Came across a great story today on a small harness track thunder ridge....they are a parimutuel track but handle 20-200 for the card.....my question is if nobody bets show can u bet 10k to show and if horse otb they give refunds and if they come in its 2.10.......can be the free roll of free rolls!!!

http://www.harnessracingupdate.com/restricted/pdf/hru/hru051813.pdf

pandy
05-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Great article by Finley. I've seen the pp lines for this track and I really didn't know much about it, just that it was a small track that raced infrequently.

baconswitchfarm
05-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Went there once. It was worse than he describes. Words could not do it justice.

wiffleball whizz
05-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Great article by Finley. I've seen the pp lines for this track and I really didn't know much about it, just that it was a small track that raced infrequently.

Always saw them on the Usta web sight and always saw exacta refunds place refunds etc etc etc.......loved the pictures!!

wiffleball whizz
05-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Went there once. It was worse than he describes. Words could not do it justice.

That bad? The pics were epic!!!!! Place makes no sense

Stillriledup
05-19-2013, 10:44 PM
That's one of the greatest things i've ever read. Finley is an absolute god to pull that off. Wow.

Hey Whizz, i know the wheels are turning, you gonna drive to TR and make some big show bets!! ???

Stillriledup
05-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Here's a video of this place i found on the Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0qkeR6-pc

wiffleball whizz
05-19-2013, 10:49 PM
I got an idea u block the 2 windows that are open I'll fire in the show play and we can 2k to show them into the ground......article is good it's scary

Stillriledup
05-19-2013, 10:51 PM
I got an idea u block the 2 windows that are open I'll fire in the show play and we can 2k to show them into the ground......article is good it's scary

I bet you show up there with a box of money, make a 2k show bet and then see if you can cash the ticket! They'll say "sorry we gotta run to the bank" and you end up going with the mutuels manager, in his beat up jalopy, to the local bank...ya know, you sit in the car while he runs in side to make a withdrawl! :lol:

wiffleball whizz
05-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Here's a video of this place i found on the Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0qkeR6-pc

That could be the all time worst you tube video ever.....did u see the close up of the starting car?

wiffleball whizz
05-19-2013, 10:59 PM
I bet you show up there with a box of money, make a 2k show bet and then see if you can cash the ticket! They'll say "sorry we gotta run to the bank" and you end up going with the mutuels manager, in his beat up jalopy, to the local bank...ya know, you sit in the car while he runs in side to make a withdrawl! :lol:

I don't think it gets any worse then thunder ridge

Longshot6977
05-20-2013, 06:11 PM
I laughed the entire time reading Bill's article. The 11 patrons must have come in that sole white pickup truck in the lot. The pic of that 90 year- old- looking- driver cracks me up. A $4 handle! LOL.

RaceBookJoe
05-20-2013, 06:35 PM
That had to be the funniest and saddest story,pictures and video i have seen in a while. Very Twilight Zone-like. Thanks for posting that.

I just google-mapped it with satellite image...definately in the middle of nowhere.