PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SUN. 5/19

MeSlew
05-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Hello All! To borrow the yearly lament of the Brooklyn Dodger fan: "Wait 'Till Next Year!"

As for Sunday, May 19, 2013, the list of races and tracks on Slew's mind is presented below:

Belmont - 4,6,8,9
Monmouth - 10
Hollywood - 2,3,5,7,9
Churchill - 9,10
Woodbine - 2,6,7,8,9
Calder - 7
Arlington - 5,6,9

Our Key Horse in today's Gallorette Handicap, Hard Not To Like just about scraped her nose on the turf at the start of the race but regained her composure to run behind
Pianist for the place, and validate her trainer Michael Matz who placed her properly today. For me, since I do not bet the Preakness, the day began and ended with the exacta "strategy"
I noted in my post yesterday. Used with the top two horses that Slew listed for the race, the exacta of $112 was just what I had hoped for, and my day was done.

For Sunday, we have a Key Horse running at Woodbine:

Coffee Clique - WO ( 8) GP 02/02/13 # 1

This one made it to our list off the Feb. 2nd win in an Allowance Optional Claiming at Gulfstream Park. One month later she ran 4th behind (scratched) Key Horse Kittens Point in
the Herecomesthebride and was last seen running 3rd in the Secret Grace stakes on 3/31. She now returns to the site of her first out maiden win to run in the Selene Stakes Gr. 3
at 1 1/16 miles on the fake stuff. Her ML is 6-1 and she gets Luis Contreras to guide her around the Woodbine oval. Please refer to my post for Friday, 5/17 to read the notes
regarding her 2/2 race at GP.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103345

From her last race, one horse - Street Gem - who ran 4th behind Coffee Clique has come back to win an allowance at Tampa on 4/27.

Enjoy the Sunday racing...good luck and good 'capping!