PDA

View Full Version : The EPA FOIA scandal

ArlJim78
05-17-2013, 08:50 AM
The free-market Competitive Enterprise Institute revealed that since January 2012 the EPA granted fee waivers for 75 out of 82 Freedom of Information Act requests sent by major environmental groups and only denied seven of them — a 92 percent success rate for green groups. However, the agency rejected or ignored 21 out of 26 fee waiver requests from conservative groups — an 81 percent rejection rate.

“Their practice is to take care of their friends and impose ridiculous
obstacles to deny problematic parties’ requests for information,” said CEI
senior fellow Chris Horner.

When a fee waiver is denied, it generally stops the FOIA request as many
groups don’t have the resources to pay the fees associated to get the FOIA.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/17/vitter-epa-foia-scandal-no-different-than-the-irs-disaster/#ixzz2TYOF9kFU

rastajenk
05-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Once upon a time, we were a nation of laws, not men.

so.cal.fan
05-17-2013, 10:09 AM
It seems the United States government has become like a 3rd world dictatorship.

Tom
05-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Add to that you have the Pig Crowley inserting herself into the debate, and not only that, but outright LYING with what she said!

How do libs look at themselves in the mirror?

dartman51
05-17-2013, 12:19 PM
It's not the fault of the EPA or the FOIA. It was just some "low level" employee, who decided to do this on their own. :rolleyes:

rastajenk
05-17-2013, 01:07 PM
The EPA is the standard-bearer for corruption and abuse of power in the thugocracy, er, the bureaucracy. The way they can pick and choose who to go after and which projects to stymie is well documented. That's why they use secret email addresses (http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/336995/e-mail-scandal-epa-john-fund) to protect their "plausible deniability."

FantasticDan
05-17-2013, 02:02 PM
How do libs look at themselves in the mirror?Just a couple examples..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KM7OKGBzdx0/UKQsrzerG_I/AAAAAAAAEpw/iVKwdZK0SsQ/s1600/obama_mirror.jpg

http://finishsomething.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/mirror.jpg

hcap
05-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Just a couple examples..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KM7OKGBzdx0/UKQsrzerG_I/AAAAAAAAEpw/iVKwdZK0SsQ/s1600/obama_mirror.jpg

http://finishsomething.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/mirror.jpg :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Tom, home gym or furiously flinging some very heavy cow manure? :cool:

Tom
05-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Tom, home gym or furiously flinging some very heavy cow manure?

Shoveling through the liberal BS every day.

Robert Goren
05-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Add to that you have the Pig Crowley inserting herself into the debate, and not only that, but outright LYING with what she said!

How do libs look at themselves in the mirror?If a liberal called a consevative woman a a pig here, there would be hell to pay.

Tom
05-17-2013, 05:49 PM
If a liberal called a consevative woman a a pig here, there would be hell to pay.

TOS prevented me from calling her what she really is.
I think you know now, though........

Robert Goren
05-17-2013, 05:52 PM
TOS prevented me from calling her what she really is.
I think you know now, though........ I know all about the TOS. They keep me from telling it like is with some conservative women too.

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2013, 08:17 PM
I know all about the TOS. They keep me from telling it like is with some conservative women too.
Where in the terms of service does it state you can't call a public persona a pig?

No liberal on this board ever called Chris Christie a pig? Really? Or Rush Limbaugh?

Really?

You have as selective a memory as I have been accused of having.

chrisl
05-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Or Sarah Palin...?

Tom
05-17-2013, 11:53 PM
I know all about the TOS. They keep me from telling it like is with some conservative women too.
I think you are better off NOT messing with conservative women.... :eek:

Tom
05-17-2013, 11:58 PM
I will give you this, she is more of a man than Obama is.

Robert Goren
05-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Where in the terms of service does it state you can't call a public persona a pig?

No liberal on this board ever called Chris Christie a pig? Really? Or Rush Limbaugh?

Really?

You have as selective a memory as I have been accused of having. So Christie and Rush have had sex change operations?:lol: I really don't remember a Liberal calling Christie a pig. He actual seems to get more flack from Conservatives since his famous picture with Obama and NJ based horsemen. Rush on the other hand has been called many things by liberals on this board. I know Rush lost a lot weight at on time. Has he kept it off?
As for a couple conservative women, pig was not term I was thinking about.......

Robert Goren
05-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Or Sarah Palin...? There was the famous " pig with lip stick joke" which nothing to do with her weight or the other reason that a woman is called a "pig".

Tom
05-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Ironic that the lipstick was passed on to Michelle Obama, who wears it well.

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2013, 12:20 AM
So Christie and Rush have had sex change operations?:lol: I really don't remember a Liberal calling Christie a pig. He actual seems to get more flack from Conservatives since his famous picture with Obama and NJ based horsemen. Rush on the other hand has been called many things by liberals on this board. I know Rush lost a lot weight at on time. Has he kept it off?
As for a couple conservative women, pig was not term I was thinking about.......Oh...so it's some sort of chivalry thing with you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Public figure women are supposed to be off limits in the criticism department?

Funny...I thought liberals looked at everyone and saw no color, no sex, no age, no nuttin'.... :lol: :lol:

Everybody is equal...everyone gets an award...

Robert Goren
05-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Oh...so it's some sort of chivalry thing with you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Public figure women are supposed to be off limits in the criticism department?

Funny...I thought liberals looked at everyone and saw no color, no sex, no age, no nuttin'.... :lol: :lol:

Everybody is equal...everyone gets an award...You can criticize the job they do or their views all you want. That is not what happened. The word "pig" when applied to a woman by people of my age has very negative sexual connotation. I believe Tom is close to my age and knows that. I have no idea if people a lot younger than me use the word in that matter. If not, it was applied to a nymphomaniac. If a liberal were to call any of conservative Fox commentators/reporters a slut or a whore, the board would be all over them as they should be. Political correctness is one thing, common decency and good taste is another. There is no male equalivant that bears the same kind of negative connotation that the words "pig", "slut" or "whore" does to a woman. Disagree with Crowley's views or the way she does her job all you want, but leave the personal attacks alone.

johnhannibalsmith
05-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Candy Crowley doesn't give off that slut vibe. Something tells me Tom's connotation wasn't what you are theorizing in depth here.

Tom
05-20-2013, 11:11 AM
:ThmbUp: Oink oink!

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2013, 01:27 AM
You can criticize the job they do or their views all you want. That is not what happened. The word "pig" when applied to a woman by people of my age has very negative sexual connotation. I believe Tom is close to my age and knows that. I have no idea if people a lot younger than me use the word in that matter. If not, it was applied to a nymphomaniac. If a liberal were to call any of conservative Fox commentators/reporters a slut or a whore, the board would be all over them as they should be. Political correctness is one thing, common decency and good taste is another. There is no male equalivant that bears the same kind of negative connotation that the words "pig", "slut" or "whore" does to a woman. Disagree with Crowley's views or the way she does her job all you want, but leave the personal attacks alone.I've never considered the word pig to be associated with nymphomaniac or whatever other euphemisms you conjured up. I took it as a criticism of her looks/weight...just like when they call Christie a fat pig or Limbaugh a fat pig...get the picture?

You should be happy as a lib...equal opportunity criticism right here on PA...

Am I really having this conversation? :lol:

How much more mundane and downhill can we go around here? Good job detective. You've just taken things down another notch towards snoozeville.

Tom
05-21-2013, 09:11 AM
I assure you when I see Crowley, the LAST thing that enters my mind is sex!
What is funny is that the thing that gets him upset is my comments, not the fact that a supposed neutral moderator would insert herslef into a presidential debate, and lie while doing it! And then not get fired.

That is what is really sad here, Bobby.