PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR FRI. 5/17

MeSlew
05-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Hello All! O.K. Black Eyed Susan day at Pimlico, and as you will notice from the table below, the better horses have arrived!

Belmont - 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10
Hollywood - 1,3,5,7
Churchill - 4,6,11
Woodbine - 2
Pimlico - 6,7,8,9,11,13
Calder - 1,3,6
Arlington - 1,2,3,9

Our server is back online after almost one full day of problems. That said, you can use the link below to grab the Slew file for Friday and have a go.

And we do have a Key Horse running at Pimlico:

Kitten's Point - PIM (13) GP 02/02/13 # 1

Running in the Hilltop, a 100K stakes for 3 year old fillies at 1 1/16 miles is our Key Horse Kittens Point (Kitten's Joy - Rendezvous Point, by Kingmambo). Owned and bred by George Strawbridge Jr., she is trained by Graham Motion and ridden once again by Edgar Prado. Now if the name Strawbridge is bit familiar, and the reason isn't the Campbell Soup Company, then you must recall that Mr. Strawbridge has had a few good ones in his day. Treizieme (b. 1981) won the French G1 Grand Critérium. The talented and beautiful With Anticipation (b. 1995) won the 2002 United Nations Stakes and back-to-back runnings of the Man o' War Stakes in 2001-2002. Forever Together (b. 2004) won 2008 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf.

On Feb. 2 I wrote the following notes which included our Key Horse: February 2, 2013 Race 1 - We will finish up with a scorcher. In this ALwOC for 3 year old fillies on the turf at one mile, Coffee Clique (Lynch/Rocco, Jr.)
ran into fast fractions set by Silsita (Pletcher/Valesquez) and then set the after burners on high and finished up in 11.69 for the final panel and 1:34.25
for the mile journey. She was ridden by Joe Rocco, Jr. that day and has won 2 of 3, breaking her maiden at Woodbine in her first try. I love the trackman's comment:
"Strong hand ride". Any filly that doesn't need a swat or two to finish up in a sub 12 furlong gets her oats hand delivered by me anytime. She showed quite a turn of foot
and is one to keep an eye out for. Also notable was the slow starting Kittens Point (Motion). Ridden by Johnny V. and starting over after a drubbing in the BC Juvenile Fillies Turf,
she broke slowly and was angled out in the stretch, rallying for the place spot while making up significant real estate during the fastest fractions of the race.
Again, one to watch for as she finds her legs and confidence.
Well, you didn't have to watch long. She turned the tables on Coffee Clique in their next start by whooping her in the Herecomesthebride at Gulfstream Park and if you were not sleeping through that Feb. 2 class boys and girls, you got $15.60 to win and aced the quiz! She was a little empty for the Gr. I Ashland at Keeneland on April 6th, and may not have liked the fact that the surface she was running on was not green, and that the eventual winner Emollient, was prepping to be 9-5 on the ML in the Black Eyed Susan. I mean, if Motion lied to me about what I was running on and who I was running against: that would tick me off too!

Graham must feel bad but getting her flowers wouldn't do it. She'd just eat them. So instead, she gets some class relief today and really does look to be the one to beat, although two others...Premier Steps and Summer of Fun also catch the eye.

And if I could figure the winner of the Pimlico Special, I would use the ALL button in The Very One and try for a long shot, then hope I'm right! Twice!

I will be working and will miss the action, but you won't! So enjoy the Friday racing...good luck and good 'capping!