PDA

View Full Version : NYRA handicapper hits big Super?

FantasticDan
05-16-2013, 05:52 PM
I was listening to the Belmont in 30 show this morning in the background, and I thought I heard Jason Blewitt say he had the Super in WED's 9th for $1.50. I just checked the payout, and it paid $127,267 for $2, so that's a score of over $95K. :eek:

Assuming I heard right.. congrats! GREAT SCORE! :ThmbUp:

wiffleball whizz
05-16-2013, 05:58 PM
I was listening to the Belmont in 30 show this morning in the background, and I thought I heard Jason Blewitt say he had the Super in WED's 9th for $1.50. I just checked the payout, and it paid $127,267 for $2, so that's a score of over $95K. :eek:

Assuming I heard right.. congrats! GREAT SCORE! :ThmbUp:

Jason blewitt = good guy....young and u can tell he eats sleeps and breathes horseracing from a gambling standpOint!!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
05-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Great stuff if true, hopefully it is.

I liked the winner and used her up and down all over the place, but got cute and tossed out the 2nd place finisher, so i got nada.

the little guy
05-16-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm obviously not there but would be relatively certain he was joking. If nothing else, I think Jason would have texted me if he made a score like that.

wiffleball whizz
05-16-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm obviously not there but would be relatively certain he was joking. If nothing else, I think Jason would have texted me if he made a score like that.

Thank you for the winner u gave me at the spa in 2011 when I caught u outside by the carousel patio when u got done with the pre-race show I think talking horses.....had a great 5 min conversation with you....

Please note that the $60 I had to win on the 9/2 shot went back to the state when I got a ticket on 87 doing 94 in a 55.....I would rather have not gotten the horse and stayed at the track broke and not being able to get gas on way home...would have been $461 cheaper!!!!!!!!!

Ocala Mike
05-16-2013, 07:36 PM
I thought I heard Jason Blewitt say he had the Super in WED's 9th for $1.50. I just checked the payout, and it paid $127,267 for $2.

You should have checked the pool, which was $125,980. A simple calculation would have told you that what he PROBABLY said was that there was a TOTAL of $1.50 on the combination, which would give you a price of over $6,363 for every dime bet on it, after the commission comes out.

Put another way, if Blewitt hit it for $1.50, he took down the entire pool. In a case like this, the posted price of $127,267 is a THEORETICAL price, because the limiting payoff is the net pool after commission, in this case, $94,485.

MightBeSosa
05-16-2013, 09:03 PM
It was really an enormous payout, I've seen combos 10X harder pay a lot less than that. Guess the local genii blew it.

No pun intended.

FantasticDan
05-16-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm obviously not there but would be relatively certain he was joking. If nothing else, I think Jason would have texted me if he made a score like that.I'm in no position to dispute you, but I have to say it didn't sound like a joke. He was talking about the super payout and hoping folks got a piece of it, and then said, "I had it for $1.50 myself", in a very happy and non-joking way. Then he said good nite..

Entirely possible he was joking, but I didn't even consider the notion until you suggested it.

Ocala Mike
05-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Didn't you read my post? He's probably in a position to ascertain exactly how much "live money" was bet on the combination, hence he came up with the line, "I had $1.50 on it myself." i.e., the whole pool.

I figure 15 people walked away with the $6k hit, or maybe somebody had more than a single dime on it.

FantasticDan
05-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Didn't you read my post? He's probably in a position to ascertain exactly how much "live money" was bet on the combination, hence he came up with the line, "I had $1.50 on it myself."
I had my response window idle for awhile and didnt see the later posts until now.. Your theory is most logical :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
05-17-2013, 12:41 AM

Gotta agree with Andy, he didn't text me either........

dylbert
05-17-2013, 05:46 AM
Thread should have stopped at this post. I would hope that post from Blewitt's co-worker is sufficient proof that there is no story here.

And for you folks that don't consider any other sources of information, this horse is co-owned by Dee Tee Stables. Anyone here ever heard of www.derbytrail.com or At the Races with Steve Byk? One of that board's member might have a dime or two of that superfecta.

Stillriledup
05-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Anyone here have any knowledge of Eric Donovan or Jason Blewitt? Just wondering to learn a little about these gents, i see them a lot on tv, but dont know a heck of a lot about them.

WoxFan
05-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Eric Donovan sets the morning line odds for the aqu, bel & sar - so he knows something about racing.

feelup1963
05-19-2013, 05:08 PM
I DONT THINK WE PICK THOSE TYPE OF HORSES.JASON AVERAGE ODDS ARE 6/1.HE JUST DOESNT PICK OUTSIDERS.IF IT WAS ANDY THEN THAT'S A DIFFERENT BALL GAME.JUST LISTEN TO HIS :bang: ANALYSIS NO OUTSIDERS