PDA

View Full Version : SCTR Day at the Races, Hollywood, May 25th

Caroline
05-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone,

just a quick note that Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue's annual on-track and largest fundraiser of each year -"A Day at the Races" at Hollywood Park - is on Saturday May 25th starting at noon - in case anyone is in the area and would like to join us in raising some funds for the horses. SCTR currently has 28 rescued thoroughbreds in its care. The fundraiser is on the Ascot Terrace.

Tickets are on sale here:

http://www.sctbrescue.org/Day_at_the_Races_2013.html

Tickets are $45 and buy you valet parking, admission and program, seat at a table on the Ascot Terrace, a great hot buffet lunch, access to the silent auction, a trip to the winners' circle for a race named for SCTR, and free entry into a handicapping contest (tons of fun) with $500 in donated cash prizes.

You are also welcome to come into the Terrace and bid on silent auction items if you're at the track and have your own seat, and don't want lunch or entry to the handicapping contest etc...

Sadly this is our fourth and final fundraiser at Hollywood Park for obvious reasons :(

v j stauffer
05-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Hi everyone,

just a quick note that Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue's annual on-track and largest fundraiser of each year -"A Day at the Races" at Hollywood Park - is on Saturday May 25th starting at noon - in case anyone is in the area and would like to join us in raising some funds for the horses. SCTR currently has 28 rescued thoroughbreds in its care. The fundraiser is on the Ascot Terrace.

Tickets are on sale here:

http://www.sctbrescue.org/Day_at_the_Races_2013.html

Tickets are $45 and buy you valet parking, admission and program, seat at a table on the Ascot Terrace, a great hot buffet lunch, access to the silent auction, a trip to the winners' circle for a race named for SCTR, and free entry into a handicapping contest (tons of fun) with $500 in donated cash prizes.

You are also welcome to come into the Terrace and bid on silent auction items if you're at the track and have your own seat, and don't want lunch or entry to the handicapping contest etc...

Sadly this is our fourth and final fundraiser at Hollywood Park for obvious reasons :(

For a contribution of $150 a group of up to 5 people can come to the announcers booth to join me for a live race call.

Caroline
05-17-2013, 12:42 PM
For a contribution of $150 a group of up to 5 people can come to the announcers booth to join me for a live race call.

Oh my gosh... thank you so much for the offer! I'm going to promote it like crazy and I hope someone takes you up on the offer :) If nobody else does, I will... see you there!

v j stauffer
05-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Oh my gosh... thank you so much for the offer! I'm going to promote it like crazy and I hope someone takes you up on the offer :) If nobody else does, I will... see you there!

Hopefully you'll get a good response. It's not limited to just one group. We can share any races that day that aren't Stakes. One word of warning I'm not ending my streak of many multiple days of wearing shorts to work. So the squeamish best not apply.:)

Caroline
05-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Hopefully you'll get a good response. It's not limited to just one group. We can share any races that day that aren't Stakes. One word of warning I'm not ending my streak of many multiple days of wearing shorts to work. So the squeamish best not apply.:)

This is amazing - thank you so much!

Not a deterrent for me :)