Take a Look ... www.laboracing.com

let me know what you guy's think... frank@laboracing.com

BillW
02-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Laboracing
Take a Look ... www.laboracing.com

let me know what you guy's think... frank@laboracing.com

Frank,

Looks good at first glance (I'll look harder after the HOU card :)). Welcome to the site.

Bill

horsemaven
02-23-2004, 06:08 AM
Frank,

Your website looks sensational. Congratulations on your excellent work as a horseman. I'd be interested in knowing how you maintain such a high winning percentage with horses you've just claimed. What is the key, if you don't mind sharing?

A current NY trainer once told me that he looked for horses who were overworked by their current connections. These horses were always ready to run and sometimes just needed more time between races to run their best.

Mike

Laboracing
02-23-2004, 05:22 PM
Thank you,
The Key? Communication FL2

andicap
02-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Frank,

Did you get my email last Friday?
I didn't send it to the AOL site, but the one you posted here.

cheers,

andy

cj
02-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Laboracing
Thank you,
The Key? Communication FL2

The key? Communication with who? Pretty vague so far.

Suff
02-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
The key? Communication with who? Pretty vague so far.

Craigo

I traded a couple of e-mails with Frank. Good man. He likes the board... he had a rough go of it on another board...

I think he told me he's gonna lurk the PA board and learn his way around and pick his spots carefully when it comes to talking horses...

The guys a Notable NY trainer... you understand he wants to get a better feel for the place before he jumps in...

Drop him an e-mail if you want... He's all horse. You and him will get along terrific I am sure.

m

cj
02-24-2004, 04:35 PM
I didn't mean it bad, suff and Frank. I'm genuinely curious. I am a potential owner in NY in 3 years when I retire from the Air Force. I'm not going to be out buying yearlings. I want to know about the process, things to look for with claimers. Its a different form of betting.

SandyE
02-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Totally awesome Frank.
To CJ you won't go wrong with Frank JR.

Tom
02-25-2004, 09:52 PM
What is awesome?
Did I miss something?

SandyE
02-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Besides you Tom? :D
Franks webpage that all
Laboracing posted it in his post.
Frank is just continuing in his father's footsteps, which I think/believe is totally awesome. Besides the point all this talk of horses and punting is making me feel like going horseback riding while I'm on vacation at WDW.:D Trail riding nothing like it weelll all most nothing compares to it. I hope I'll be able to watch the races from there. Going to be there from March 15 -March 22. Someone on a diferent website suggested sneakers to go riding in. If the sneakers have heals then ya.

Tom
02-25-2004, 10:09 PM
Duh!
Thanks Sandy.
Brain cramps this week :rolleyes:

SandyE
02-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Tom I do understand the brain cramps being suffering from them myself, more like migrains, but whos telling who eh? So how's the weather up there? Snow cleared off yet? Still have left over dirty snow from the last storm we had down here at the New Jersey Shore. Suposed to be in the 50's by the weekend.

Laboracing
02-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Cj was asking what is the key to claimming horses and winning , well every trainer has his own theories,, lets just say I have great owners ,very smart ,they trust my opinion, they let me place horses in the right races ,, they give me sufficient time to work with the animal , , so there is alot of communication
involved ,with owner-trainer and horse-trainer.
its a team and the team must work together and have trust.
Frank LaBoccetta jr.

Larry Hamilton
02-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Frank, I dont want to stir anytthing up, as there is little I would rather do than talk horses to horse people. Buuuuuuuuut, I just dont understand your site. It is unusual, it is visually powerful, it asks me to join a team....its like a sales pitch with no product...

andicap
02-26-2004, 06:21 PM
From the home page

"We would like the opportunity to be your training stable and for you to be a part of our team. We will do everything that we can to make sure that your experience is both enjoyable and profitable._ Thanks again for visiting our website._ If you have any questions or would like to schedule a visit to our barn, please take a minute and fill out our form on our contact us page._ We look forward to hearing from you. We sincerely hope that you will FEEL THE EXCITEMENT... & JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!"

------

Sure looks like they have a product to me. They are looking for investors/owners in their stable.
I don't understand your point, Larry.

Larry Hamilton
02-26-2004, 06:49 PM
before you hang the damn messenger, all I got was

a guy blowing a horn

a minirace at HOL

and--We sincerely hope that you will FEEL THE EXCITEMENT... & JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!"

duh..which team, how much, what do I get, what is at risk what is the collateral, that are at least 10 thousand more questions a business person would ask before risking money.....

take this anywhere you want, I want no parts. Bite someone elses head off

Tom
02-26-2004, 06:54 PM
You can skip the intro and go right to the meat of the web page.
There are some FAQs and other owner related things there.

Suff
02-26-2004, 08:22 PM
for 20 grand I think #2 Krafty Caper might be a good claim in tommorrows opener,,,

Versatile blood line may take to the lawn, can sprint and I think there is Strong chance she will like the Belmont runup going 6 , 7 panels or even the 1 turn miles...

FLA bred from a sharp outfit (whisper hill)

I've noticed PINHOOKERS like Kazaam progeny. That makes me think the Lines are utilty , that can be worked with.

April foal with two races that are twice as good as the paper looks..

I'm a novice... But I like to measure them up occasionaly.

I THINK.. about 50% sure... She's a close cousin to GO for wand...

Frank.. U think I make a case?

John
02-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Andicap

Larry, is bringing out the other side. [ the dark side ] If Frank is honest ,He will tell you that most people who buy a horse or two lose money in the long run . Ask Frank, How much he charges a day to train your horse. That's for starters,Then the Feed, Vet. ,excercise boy, Jockey Shipping, Blacksmith and it goes on and on.If you are lucky you will get to see your horse run once or twice a month. Frank Jr. is a good trainer. His record proves it
42-10 - 4 - 3 But look again there are ten happy owners and 32 not so happy. That is the nature of the game.

CryingForTheHorses
08-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Craigo

I traded a couple of e-mails with Frank. Good man. He likes the board... he had a rough go of it on another board...

I think he told me he's gonna lurk the PA board and learn his way around and pick his spots carefully when it comes to talking horses...

The guys a Notable NY trainer... you understand he wants to get a better feel for the place before he jumps in...

Drop him an e-mail if you want... He's all horse. You and him will get along terrific I am sure.

m

This saddens me..Here you have a guy doing well and he lets the pressures of his own own mind get the best of him. I feel to resort to drugs like Heroine is a case for a loser.Sticking a needle in your arm or however you take this stuff shows no regard for himself, his future,Owners, family, or his horses.Im sorry Frank I dont buy your dedication to the sport.

santanajimi
08-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Heroin is the Devil himself....he can beat it, but it is extremely tough....i wish him a huge amount of luck in trying to do just that.

kenwoodallpromos
08-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Jusy to be fair I emailed him to post on here if he had anything to say.

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2006, 04:08 AM
Let us all remember he hasn't been convicted of anything, only charged with driving while ability impaired....

kenwoodallpromos
08-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Let us all remember he hasn't been convicted of anything, only charged with driving while ability impaired....

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Hopefully the guilty-as-suspected atitude will not carry over from off-topic!

Hell, why not? You've already accused the guy of starting out his training career as a juicer in another thread.....:rolleyes:

jotb
08-10-2006, 01:16 PM
This saddens me..Here you have a guy doing well and he lets the pressures of his own own mind get the best of him. I feel to resort to drugs like Heroine is a case for a loser.Sticking a needle in your arm or however you take this stuff shows no regard for himself, his future,Owners, family, or his horses.Im sorry Frank I dont buy your dedication to the sport.

Hello McSchell:

Yes, this will hurt Labo's career if this is true, but the boy has a ton of physical issues (such as Scoliosis) and sometimes people in life just can't deal with their issues and will resort to things that can be detrimental to their life. If this story is true, I hope he has reached his bottom and will face things in a different manner for the future. If anyone on here knows Labo personally, I'm pretty sure, nobody would have anything negative to say about him.

Joe

kenwoodallpromos
08-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Hell, why not? You've already accused the guy of starting out his training career as a juicer in another thread.....:rolleyes:
Last Updated: May 28, 2003

For the second time in less than 20 months, trainer Frank Laboccetta Jr. has been given a 15-day suspension and a $2,000 fine after one of his runners tested positive for clenbuterol.
His horse Let It Shine tested positive for clenbuterol following her first-place finish in a one-mile claiming race at Aqueduct on March 27, according to the Daily Racing Form.

Let It Shine crossed the wire 2 ¼ lengths ahead of runner-up Her Place but was disqualified and placed eighth. Her Place was awarded the victory.

Laboccetta decided not appeal the Aqueduct stewards' ruling so that the suspension would be reduced from 30 days, according to the DRF.

Belmont stewards suspended the trainer for 15 days and fined him $2,000 in October 2001 after clenbuterol was found in the post race urine analysis of Electra Q Shun at Belmont Park."

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2006, 03:33 PM
I'd chalk it up to a beginner's error, especially considering clenbuterol is ok on non-race days.

Murph
08-11-2006, 06:24 PM
I'd chalk it up to a beginner's error, especially considering clenbuterol is ok on non-race days.That's what I did. I have some sympathy for the guy, he seems to have struggled in this business as many of us have at one time or another. Hang in there Frank, there are better days ahead, no matter what's happened in the past! Good Luck to you.

Sincerely, Murph

P.S. DrugS had it right. ;)

DJofSD
08-11-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm bummed -- server not found.

LaughAndBeMerry
08-11-2006, 06:38 PM
I can tell you from a SHEETS standpoint FL2 got some ridiculous jump-ups first and second off the claim a few years back generally on a quick turnaround. I know, I know better shoeing, better nutrition, yada yada yada. Like when Mark Shuman said all his horses improved first off the claim because of the high end hay they were feeding them, or Oscar Barrera's attributing the step-up to "bleenkers."

Greg Martin used to say the same thing until they he got busted shooting up A One Rocket.

CryingForTheHorses
08-11-2006, 08:44 PM
I'd chalk it up to a beginner's error, especially considering clenbuterol is ok on non-race days.

There are maybe 2 days a week when they dont race.The cutoff time is 5 days in Florida and then you have cutoffs dates from other tracks.

LaughAndBeMerry
08-11-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm bummed -- server not found.

I think they pulled the site when FL2 stopped paying the bills. See the link from http://www.archive.org/web/web.php (the web's wayback machine)

http://web.archive.org/web/20050307004612/http://www.laboracing.com/