PDA

View Full Version : Please Mr Golf Commentator:

mountainman
05-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Would you consider NOT talking up Lee Westwood and Luke Donald before the next big tournament. It's getting REAL old to be assured one (or both) of these losers will probably win-because each was once "number 1 in the world"-whatEVER that arcane distinction could have POSSIBLY signified before tiger reclaimed his rightful throne.

Give Lee and Luke a rest, ok? And, while we're at it, is it just a tiny (eensy) bit possible that Rory is not only in a(n) extended slump, but that eagerness to coronate an anti-tiger resulted in overatting him to begin with? And Bubba Watson isn't nearly as "colorful" to us as he is to you. Tv, you see, gives us no real concept of how far he can drive it, and he's starting to look (a lot) like a 1-hit wonder.

Rise Over Run
05-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Somewhere out there on a golf message board there is a commentator begging for you to not trump up certain trainers and jockeys at Mountaineer. Bizarro world. :lol: :lol:

TJDave
05-13-2013, 03:00 PM
I think these guys are just trying to keep their jobs. Once it becomes "all about Tiger" it stops being about golf.

mountainman
05-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Somewhere out there on a golf message board there is a commentator begging for you to not trump up certain trainers and jockeys at Mountaineer. Bizarro world. :lol: :lol:

Great post, dude. Made my day.

cj
05-13-2013, 05:40 PM

Only if the board has a horse racing sub section!

rastajenk
05-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Which seems entirely unlikely! :p

I think these guys are just trying to keep their jobs. Once it becomes "all about Tiger" it stops being about golf.You mean like it was from the last century until about 2009, when golf telecasts experienced unprecedented growth?