PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Race Caller

gheuks
05-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Any word on who is calling the races for the Gulfstream Summer/Fall stint?? Assume Collmus is calling the duration of the Monmouth meet??

wiffleball whizz
05-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Any word on who is calling the races for the Gulfstream Summer/Fall stint?? Assume Collmus is calling the duration of the Monmouth meet??

Maybe Larry will be calling GP from from the tv screen in the mth booth....also I'm sure Preakness day he will be calling mth from the NBC booth at pim along with GP if they are racing and he will prob helicopter from pim to CT and drive that announcer out of booth for the night....he may do the ellusive quadrupole header Saturday.....and I'm not being wise....

I'm starting to think of Larry(and I really like him and his calling style) like chris carlin from wfan radio in new York city.....

Chris would do sports in the Imus in the morning show then have his own show in morning after Imus...THEN he would do his show on loudmouths on SNY...THEN if all that wasn't enough strong armed his way into doing rutgers football play by play....THEN if that all wasn't enough he drove out a friend of mine rutgers basketball announcer Bruce Johnson who was one of the most underrated play by play announcers in sports....

Hate to say it but I'm starting to look at larry like Chris carlin....

To be serious next week at MTH I would say its a a
Safe bet to assume without Larry there u will see 1 of 4 people calling the races....ken warkentin/Sam McKee from meadowlands...Dave Johnson or Larry lederman....hope it's Larry lederman

therussmeister
05-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Maybe Grunder ;)

wiffleball whizz
05-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Maybe Grunder ;)

Yessssssssssss!!!!!! He's in the area!!!!!

Stillriledup
05-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Maybe Grunder ;)

Hopefully Vic. :ThmbUp:

thespaah
05-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Maybe Larry will be calling GP from from the tv screen in the mth booth....also I'm sure Preakness day he will be calling mth from the NBC booth at pim along with GP if they are racing and he will prob helicopter from pim to CT and drive that announcer out of booth for the night....he may do the ellusive quadrupole header Saturday.....and I'm not being wise....

I'm starting to think of Larry(and I really like him and his calling style) like chris carlin from wfan radio in new York city.....

Chris would do sports in the Imus in the morning show then have his own show in morning after Imus...THEN he would do his show on loudmouths on SNY...THEN if all that wasn't enough strong armed his way into doing rutgers football play by play....THEN if that all wasn't enough he drove out a friend of mine rutgers basketball announcer Bruce Johnson who was one of the most underrated play by play announcers in sports....

Safe bet to assume without Larry there u will see 1 of 4 people calling the races....ken warkentin/Sam McKee from meadowlands...Dave Johnson or Larry lederman....hope it's Larry lederman
holy crap...Can Collmus help it if people want to hire him?
Sam goes for Carlin?
And where do you get "strong arm" from?
Did it ever occur to you that maybe Collmus doesn't get paid all that much to have just one gig?
Not trying to start an argument, but I think you might be a bit harsh here.

thespaah
05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Hopefully Vic. :ThmbUp:
I second that motion....The resolution is passed.

wisconsin
05-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Yessssssssssss!!!!!! He's in the area!!!!!

He's a jock agent at Canterbury when not announcing.

cj
05-10-2013, 09:38 PM

Wow, talk about uniformed.

wiffleball whizz
05-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Wow, talk about uniformed.

Very much informed;)

Not sure what's not accurate

cj
05-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Very much informed;)

Not sure what's not accurate

I can't speak about WFAN, haven't listened in years, since I left Jersey in 1995. Is Captain Midnight still on?

The rest is all pretty silly. Larry isn't doing anything most other big name announcers haven't done (or wouldn't do if given the chance)

wiffleball whizz
05-10-2013, 10:45 PM
I can't speak about WFAN, haven't listened in years, since I left Jersey in 1995. Is Captain Midnight still on?

The rest is all pretty silly. Larry isn't doing anything most other big name announcers haven't done (or wouldn't do if given the chance)

This made my nite 1995 was a little before my time especially 1995 but I just did a little research on captain midnite and I starting laughing hysterically.....

Yes Steve somers is "still here and you there" and still is doing his "smooozes"

I guess the only difference now is that Steve somers is a utility man on wfan!!! Sometimes he comes on after francesa at 6:30 other times he on from midnite to 5:30am hahahaha so I guess in essence he can STILL be considered captain midnite!!!!

Just to give a recap of the present day wfan Sid Rosenberg if your familiar with him was fired for the 12 or 13th time a few years back...

I'm assuming tony Paige was there in 95 and he's still there but I really don't wanna hear about boxing all night.....

And the fan even updated to fm radio recently on 101.9.....

cj
05-10-2013, 10:57 PM
I don't remember all the guys, never heard of Paige though. I listened to Mike and the Mad Dog at times, and the Captain. I was in the middle of NY and Philly so I'd switch back and forth. I'll have to look up Jodie "Do me a favor" Mac and see where he is these days. He was a horse guy, so you had to like him. He was on both stations at times.

Stillriledup
05-10-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't remember all the guys, never heard of Paige though. I listened to Mike and the Mad Dog at times, and the Captain. I was in the middle of NY and Philly so I'd switch back and forth. I'll have to look up Jodie "Do me a favor" Mac and see where he is these days. He was a horse guy, so you had to like him. He was on both stations at times.

Wow, Mike and the Angry Puppy.

If there's a person in America with a bigger ego than Mike Francesca, i have yet to come across him (or her).

Tom
05-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Maybe Grunder ;)

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to GOLFstream Park"

wiffleball whizz
05-10-2013, 11:44 PM

You know what now that u mention it jody had a show on Saturday mornings called "jody Mac at the track" couldn't tell u any details about it...think I caught the tail end of a show one day

v j stauffer
05-11-2013, 01:41 AM

I heard Hialeah's Peter Aiello will call the days Larry can't. He does an excellent job. GP is in good hands with that team.

JohnGalt1
05-11-2013, 07:48 AM
I heard Hialeah's Peter Aiello will call the days Larry can't. He does an excellent job. GP is in good hands with that team.

Vic, do you have a job lined up for when Hollywood closes.

You're a good announcer and hope you don't end up at Podunk Downs :)

castaway01
05-11-2013, 08:00 AM

Jody had some health problems a few years back and wasn't working as much. He returned to WFAN last fall, when he was on Saturday mornings. He still pops up here and there in both Philly and NY radio. Great guy.

v j stauffer
05-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Vic, do you have a job lined up for when Hollywood closes.

You're a good announcer and hope you don't end up at Podunk Downs :)

What's wrong with Podunk downs? As long as I get to go to the races and get paid to do it. I'll be a happy and blessed man.

Who do we like in the Podunk early double?? Let's go!!!