PDA

View Full Version : Ramsey and Angel Cordero are heroes!!!

iceknight
05-07-2013, 07:43 PM
This is definitely off topic from horse racing.. but I was reading the news article about the 3 kidnap victims (of ten years) who got freed.. and these names jump at me like jellybeans!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/07/us/ohio-cleveland-ramsey/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Charles Ramsey was eating some dinner Monday night at his home on Cleveland's West Side when he heard screaming. Soon, he was knocking down a neighbor's door, freeing three women and a girl who police say were held hostage for years

He and a man named Angel Cordero broke down the door, WEWS reported.

johnhannibalsmith
05-07-2013, 07:46 PM
With any luck, Charles Ramsey will be a component of every major news story from now until I die. Keep the talking heads off the air and just let that guy spin a yarn. Dude rocks.

horses4courses
05-07-2013, 08:15 PM
As soon as I heard about this yesterday, my thoughts went back to a similar case from our small town here. Jaycee Lee Dugard was kidnapped in 1991 from a quiet street near where I live, and found 18 years later in the SF Bay Area.

She had two children while in captivity, held hostage by two monsters named Philip and Nancy Garrido.
A nightmare beyond anyone's comprehension.

Today she offered these words to the Cleveland victims:

"These individuals need the opportunity to heal and connect back into the world," Dugard said in a statement provided to the Los Angeles Times. "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them. The human spirit is incredibly resilient. More then ever this reaffirms we should never give up hope."

johnhannibalsmith
05-08-2013, 03:17 PM
With any luck, Charles Ramsey will be a component of every major news story from now until I die. Keep the talking heads off the air and just let that guy spin a yarn. Dude rocks.

Friggin You-Tube is unreal. :lol:

nZcRU0Op5P4

Robert Fischer
05-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Friggin You-Tube is unreal. :lol:

nZcRU0Op5P4
That guy is a real character.
I don't mind laughing with him, but I don't feel right laughing at him. A lot of people would have ignored the cries for help. Closed their window, maybe turned up the TV...
Whether he was originally just checking on some neighborhood ruckus, at some point he went up onto his neighbor's property and helped free this woman from the house.

dartman51
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Apparently, a real stand up guy. I saw an interview with him this morning, with one of the local TV personalities. When he was asked if he knew there was a $25,000 reward, he said, "you know what, give it to them, (the girls) I've got a job". I tip my hat to him. :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
05-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Apparently, a real stand up guy. I saw an interview with him this morning, with one of the local TV personalities. When he was asked if he knew there was a $25,000 reward, he said, "you know what, give it to them, (the girls) I've got a job". I tip my hat to him. :ThmbUp:

In a pretty friggin' morbid news story, this guy has been a bona fide silver lining. An actual human being acting like a real human being, doing it with bravado and extreme style, and people loving him for it. The man is a breath of fresh air in a stale world.

Tom
05-08-2013, 10:45 PM
This guy is a national hero.
We could use a whole lot more like him.
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

rastajenk
05-09-2013, 08:11 AM
I wonder if he's got a seat reserved in the gallery for next year's State of the Union speech. Lesser folks than him have been exploited by Presidents, but I got a feeling his type of honesty may not be in sync with the rest of the room.

PhantomOnTour
05-09-2013, 08:54 AM
I wonder if he's got a seat reserved in the gallery for next year's State of the Union speech. Lesser folks than him have been exploited by Presidents, but I got a feeling his type of honesty may not be in sync with the rest of the room.
lame

Tom
05-09-2013, 09:47 AM
The poor guy had to live next door to a felon/kidnapper/rapist all these years, and now you want to expose him to OBAMA and the CONGRESS?

That is sick!

PaceAdvantage
05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
According to him, he's only been living there for a year...

The guy is a trip, and an interviewer's and network's worst nightmare, given he's liable to say ANYTHING at ANY MOMENT...and we as viewers LOVE THAT... :lol:

Bobzilla
05-09-2013, 11:13 AM
His call to 911 is unbelievable. Anyone else hear this? Here it is along with a transcript.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/listen-cleveland-kidnapping-hero-charles-ramseys-incredible-911-call/

Robert Fischer
05-09-2013, 11:35 AM
The guy is a trip, and an interviewer's and network's worst nightmare, given he's liable to say ANYTHING at ANY MOMENT...

:D so true

Charli125
05-09-2013, 12:26 PM
The poor guy had to live next door to a felon/kidnapper/rapist all these years

Well, there is this: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/cleveland-hero-charles-ramsey-8702415

He wasn't just living next door to a felon, he WAS a felon. Still, a good thing he did, but I wouldn't exactly throw around the "hero" word.

TJDave
05-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Well, there is this: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/cleveland-hero-charles-ramsey-8702415

I say he gets a pass. Waiting for the perfect person to save those girls means they would still be there.

johnhannibalsmith
05-23-2013, 11:04 AM
CLEVELAND (AP) — The man who famously put down his Big Mac to help rescue three women held captive for a decade in an Ohio house will never have to pay for another burger in his hometown.

Charles Ramsey has been promised free burgers for life at more than a dozen Cleveland-area restaurants.

The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer (http://bit.ly/10SPuf4 ) reports that the restaurant where Ramsey worked as a dishwasher initially created a special burger in his honor, but eateries in the city decided a larger tribute was due.

If I ever rescue someone and make it to television for an interview, remind me to mention repeatedly that I was just sitting outside smoking a Parliament and drinking Mt. Dew. I could literally live for free. :D

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-kidnap-case-hero-gets-burgers-life-105414885.html

TJDave
05-23-2013, 03:43 PM
If I ever rescue someone and make it to television for an interview, remind me to mention repeatedly that I was just sitting outside smoking a Parliament and drinking Mt. Dew. I could literally live for free. :D

I used to drink Mt. Dew. Then someone pointed out the color reminded them of a horse with a bladder infection.