PDA

View Full Version : i thought my eyes were playing tricks

lamboguy
05-06-2013, 09:44 PM
tonight in the 6th race at the Mountain, Uncle Lou's horse left the gate @ 7-1, went right to the front and paid $22.00. i had my wife check my pulse to make sure i wasn't in a comma.

johnhannibalsmith
05-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Missed it. Was in the bathroom working on my semicolon.

cj
05-06-2013, 11:01 PM
tonight in the 6th race at the Mountain, Uncle Lou's horse left the gate @ 7-1, went right to the front and paid $22.00. i had my wife check my pulse to make sure i wasn't in a comma.

In a comma?

http://themuffly.com/comma3.gif

cato
05-07-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm not entirely certain that's a comma....or a coma...

MightBeSosa
05-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Cloudy tonight, slows down the satellite signal enough so they cant get the bet in.

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Or, we just tend to notice more those that get bet down...because then we can post about it on the Internet... :lol:

Overlay
05-07-2013, 05:10 AM
The last-flash money isn't always right. I've been pleasantly surprised on occasions such as that in the past when I've kept the winning chances of each horse in the field in view, and benefited even more than I would have otherwise when a horse that I rated as an overlay to begin with (although not necessarily the one most probable winner of the race, which is more likely to go off as an underlay) won at even higher odds than were showing when I bet it, after a late-dropper didn't perform as expected.

wiffleball whizz
05-07-2013, 05:15 AM

Mnr is one track that I see odds flash up a lot with horses on the lead!!!! Plus I
Don't think the skill level of handicappers to be to strong 10:44pm on a Tuesday.....

Besides the big odds swings I wish Mnr wouldn't make the morning lines so low cuz general public singles these horses to easy in pick 4s......although I guess that can work to my advantage if I decided to bet there...

wiffleball whizz
05-07-2013, 05:18 AM
Or, we just tend to notice more those that get bet down...because then we can post about it on the Internet... :lol:

Prob cuz odds drop more then they go up....but in all fairness Mnr they go up as much as go down....If there was one flat track I had to bet it would be the mountain....

Can't wait to get buried for this post :lol: :lol: :lol:

lamboguy
05-07-2013, 09:23 AM
i am a poor spella.

when one bets at the Mountain, you never see Lou Ruberto horses ever go off at 10-1 whether its the father or the son as the listed trainer or how bad the horse looks on paper. the horse last night won 2 races back and then ran on a very deep track the next time that anyone that follows the Mountain knows about. i had every horse marked down that ran on that deep track that night and 2 of them that ran bad came back to win already.

i guess that's the reason why so many like to play the Mountain, there are horses that should be 3-1 like last nights that go off at 6-1 or more many times.

the place is just not condusive to people that just pick up the racing form and start handicapping without notes.

iceknight
05-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Just now (tonight 5-7-13) MNR R3 .. the odds on the winner were 9/2 when the race began and as they reach the wire, the odds change to 5/2. The favorite was a 2/5 but got edged out close to the wire. So the odds definitely dropped with late money

CryingForTheHorses
05-08-2013, 07:46 PM

Naw Lambo..That was gold glittering in your eyes

tbwinner
05-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Charlestown race 8 #2 horse was 9-5 loading in the gate, passed the late 3-5 favorite to win by a 1/2 length at the higher odds of .... 7-2! :eek: