PDA

View Full Version : Hessonite

Valuist
05-06-2013, 08:50 PM
If you want to see a geared down winner, check out the replay of Belmont's 9th race on May 4. Funny thing is Hessonite was bottled up pretty badly in the stretch, and Junior Alvarado finally had to cross over heels and alter course a number of lanes to get her in the clear. But once he did, it was all over as Alvarado was just a passenger the rest of the way. I know some claim manner of victory does not matter; I disagree. Little doubt in my mind the 3/4 length victory was very deceptive.

Tall One
05-06-2013, 09:42 PM
I agree, as I left Hessonite off my ticket..:bang:

Nice looking horse. Made two really nice moves down the stretch and once he was outside, he got by fairly easy.

Stillriledup
05-25-2013, 04:49 PM
That was as brilliant a turn of foot as i've seen in quite sometime and usually, i'm all over horses like this in their next start. Unfortunately, i believe this jock that rides her is borderline unbettable, i just can't pull the trigger on this guy, especially at a short price.

PhantomOnTour
05-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Hessonite is a very good mare, but today's Sheepshead Bay was a little too far for her imo. She didn't run well when trying 10f a few races back and she faltered a bit today at 11f.

Cut her back to 8f or 9f (esp vs NY breds) and she will return to form.