PDA

View Full Version : Woody Allen Likes Orb

Ocala Mike
05-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Presages TC winner in the film "Sleeper" from 1973. a TC year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAKWKfVcd04

jerry-g
05-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks. I always liked the guy. I ran into him once in Chicago as
he was in a billiards parlor getting ready to make a shot when I
walked by on the street and saw him through a plate glass window.
I thought, is that really Woody Allen? So I stopped and starred as
he got down close to the ball to hit it and he paused and his eyes
lifted slightly to look directly at me. He just kept looking at me as
I did the same to him. Finally I pointed to my left and he nodded
yes and I moved on down out of the way. He then made his shot.
Just one of those moments you never forget.

TJDave
05-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Three-year-olds?

mountainman
05-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Several years ago I was jogging at mnr as dusk approached on an extremely hot night. I had my wgt down some, and, by my standards, was really booking. George Carlin was slated to perform there that night and , sure enough, along came a black limo. As it eased alongside ,the window slid down and there was carlin looking right at me for what seemed a long time. No nod, no hello, no acknowledgement at all, just a cold, pondering stare that gave me the distict impression i was being processed into comedic material.

I'd forgotten the incident when, several days later, a coworker who'd attended Carlin's show recounted the "funniest" joke-about a fat jogger trying to hasten the inevitable heart attack.

Hey George? No disrespect, love your stuff, but i'm still standing (and working out). How's it going for you these days?

Sorry, if my own brush with celebrity strayed from the thread topic.

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Several years ago I was jogging at mnr as dusk approached on an extremely hot night. I had my wgt down some, and, by my standards, was really booking. George Carlin was slated to perform there that night and , sure enough, along came a black limo. As it eased alongside ,the window slid down and there was carlin looking right at me for what seemed a long time. No nod, no hello, no acknowledgement at all, just a cold, pondering stare that gave me the distict impression i was being processed into comedic material.

I'd forgotten the incident when, several days later, a coworker who'd attended Carlin's show recounted the "funniest" joke-about a fat jogger trying to hasten the inevitable heart attack.

Hey George? No disrespect, love your stuff, but i'm still standing (and working out). How's it going for you these days?

Sorry, if my own brush with celebrity strayed from the thread topic.That's a helluva story actually...

Longshot6977
05-07-2013, 09:10 AM

I love Carlin, but that is just :D :lol: . Funny story for sure.

iceknight
05-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Several years ago I was jogging at mnr as dusk approached on an extremely hot night. I had my wgt down some, and, by my standards, was really booking. carlin looking right at me .....
.... me the distict impression i was being processed into comedic material.

Sorry, if my own brush with celebrity strayed from the thread topic. Heck of a story! I had to google to see how carlin died though, just to confirm the angle!

mountainman
05-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Heck of a story! I had to google to see how carlin died though, just to confirm the angle!

Love his anti-conservationist routine about asking some caveman encased in ice for 50,000 years if he "feels like any particular threat to the planet?" And it resonated when he said the earth will "shrug us off like a mild case of fleas."

Now i'm REALLY pulling the thread off course, but just for fun, what's your guess on when we become extinct? I'll give it 20,000 years. Not scientific. Just from the gut.