PDA

View Full Version : Interesting scenario if Orb wins the Preakness

ManU918
05-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I bet Crop Report in February in his first United States race when he came up short against Black Onyx and Redwood Kitten at Gulfstream. He followed that up with a nice win in the Rushaway. Crop Report will most likely be the post time favorite in the Peter Pan and be a serious contender in the Belmont Stakes. Wouldn't it be something if a horse who is ridden by Rosario in the Rushaway and Peter Pan is then replaced by Johnny V who could of ridden Orb in the Derby but stayed on Verrazano gets revenge by riding Crop Report in the Belmont and keeping Orb from winning the Triple Crown. Rosario's hot streak has to hit a bump in the road at some point.... Doesn't it?

Valuist
05-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I bet Crop Report in February in his first United States race when he came up short against Black Onyx and Redwood Kitten at Gulfstream. He followed that up with a nice win in the Rushaway. Crop Report will most likely be the post time favorite in the Peter Pan and be a serious contender in the Belmont Stakes. Wouldn't it be something if a horse who is ridden by Rosario in the Rushaway and Peter Pan is then replaced by Johnny V who could of ridden Orb in the Derby but stayed on Verrazano gets revenge by riding Crop Report in the Belmont and keeping Orb from winning the Triple Crown. Rosario's hot streak has to hit a bump in the road at some point.... Doesn't it?

I don't know who's been nominated for the Peter Pan but I find it hard to believe a horse who has never run on dirt is going to be a heavy favorite in the Peter Pan. I would guess that will not be the case.

ManU918
05-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't know who's been nominated for the Peter Pan but I find it hard to believe a horse who has never run on dirt is going to be a heavy favorite in the Peter Pan. I would guess that will not be the case.

I have only seen interest from 6 horses... Fear the Kitten, Transparent, Micromanage, Incognito, Infinite Magic, and Crop Report.... From that list I would be shocked with Rosario riding if Crop Report wasn't the favorite.

rastajenk
05-06-2013, 07:27 AM
I think Rosario could ride Black Ruby and be favored in any race right now.

Valuist
05-08-2013, 04:21 PM
You have to be in it to be favored, Crop Report wasn't entered. 11 were, including Declan's Warrior, Abraham, My Name is Michael and Freedom Child.

Freedom Child had a horrific trip in the Wood Memorial. His break was so bad that the stewards declared him a non-starter. So he broke dead last, rushed up about 5 wide into the first turn and continued very wide into the 2nd turn while trying to press the pace. He'd had enough by the time the field turned for home but considering the trouble, that wasn't surprising.

ManU918
05-09-2013, 03:33 PM
You have to be in it to be favored, Crop Report wasn't entered. 11 were, including Declan's Warrior, Abraham, My Name is Michael and Freedom Child.

Freedom Child had a horrific trip in the Wood Memorial. His break was so bad that the stewards declared him a non-starter. So he broke dead last, rushed up about 5 wide into the first turn and continued very wide into the 2nd turn while trying to press the pace. He'd had enough by the time the field turned for home but considering the trouble, that wasn't surprising.

Yea... not sure whats going on with Crop Report... His last recorded work was prior to his last race on the 18th of March.

BlueChip@DRF
05-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Incognito would be a threat at the Belmont distance. He is bred for it. In all his races he has shown late interest/energy which tells me he begins running after 7 furlongs or so.