PDA

View Full Version : The rise and fall of Quindici Man.

Stillriledup
05-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Finished 3rd in a Grade 1 race at SA in March of 2011 and now he has trouble even getting on the track in an 8 claimer.

Sorry Q Man.

nijinski
05-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Unfortunately for him he might have to drop a bit more before a rescue
group can get the funds to get him off the track and rehomed .
I can only assume he has physical problems . That's assuming .
He was recently claimed It looks like for 12.500 . It would be tough to get
a sponsor . if one is very concerned you can make some noise .

Send Emails to the breeders , former owners to start . the pests we make of ourselves , sometimes gets results .

There was another in recent weeks a local rescue got a sponsor purchase . He ran out of funds to ship and the rescue poured their heart out to O'Neil .
He sent the check to ship him there .

Yes , there are some in the business who were pounced for not following
all the rules and they are ressurecting themselves , lol . Doug's been doing
very generous things in the last year or so for some hard luck horses :ThmbUp: .
There are orgs on FB that can help too . Keep an eye on Q MAN , let's hope he stays safe .

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Unfortunately for him he might have to drop a bit more before a rescue
group can get the funds to get him off the track and rehomed .This is a pretty sad statement on the state of the game, wouldn't you say?

nijinski
05-05-2013, 08:07 PM
This is a pretty sad statement on the state of the game, wouldn't you say?
I agree some but I'm more optimistic than I was in the past .The industry people are getting involved . Some were forced to to save face and others , because they truly want to .
There's still plenty of garbage out there who should spend their nights sleeping in a pile of manure . There might always be . I personally think
they will be the minority one day . I hope so in my lifetime because I love
this sport and adore the horses .
Might I point out the problems horses faced over the years goes beyond horseracing . If you've ever had to do business with a snakey faux cowboy/
cowgirl before , you will see they have no love for these animals . It's all about the $$$$. Some I guess are born without a shred of remorse in them .

Fingal
05-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Finished 3rd in a Grade 1 race at SA in March of 2011 and now he has trouble even getting on the track in an 8 claimer.

Sorry Q Man.

For someone that's at either Santa Anita or Hollywood most of the time it's been hard to watch. Derby day at Hollywood he was entered & scratched as an also eligible for a 25K grass race, then was re-entered for 8k on Sunday which resulted in another scratch, this time from the vet.

It's time for him to go do something else.

1st time lasix
05-07-2013, 08:51 AM
***A gentleman I know bought the Came Home colt as a yearling at the Keeneland sale for 12 k. The honest horse won 500k for him before he later sold him {sound and competetive} for a tidy sum. The owner always liked the horse but had numerous others in his barn that were not covering their bills. He suggested the new owners ran the horse "over his head' and he likely lost his desire to compete in his opinion. Of course he doesn't know if he is currently sound--- because it was long ago.

nijinski
05-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Hoping for every track to create this job ! Liz Morey will be doing this one at
Golden Gate .
Canter might be able to help with QM . That's why I bumped this .

The Morey name is well known in Northern California. She is married to William E. Morey, one of the top trainers at GGF. To say she has a vested interest in horses in the Morey barn is true. But unlike many, she has stepped up and brought her love for the equine athlete to a whole new level.

She has been hired by GGF as the Thoroughbred Retirement Liaison, and she is coming loaded and ready for action. She heads up a group that includes Canter Executive Director (California Chapter) Ali Dacher, Neigh Savers CEO and founder Karin Wagner and GGF trainer Ellen Jackson. Together, under the guidance of Morris himself, they are putting together a program that will basically be the “starting point” to giving a horse a new career