PDA

View Full Version : So who had him?

Rex Phinney
05-04-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm always curious?

I had him $90 to win and $25 to place.

Also shame on NBC for not even mentioning the death of Lilly Pulitzer whose mother was married to Ogden Phipps way back when. She was a legendary designer of horse racing attire.

I had this horse pegged a while back, the universe owed it to these people.

chadk66
05-04-2013, 07:59 PM
he's been my derby pick all along. but I also had java's war to be second. and with those fractions he had it set up for him. He appeared to not like the surface at all.

pele polo
05-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Basically was keying off of Orb all day long ... Pick 6, Pick 5, Pick 4, Supers, Tris, Exactas....

Long story short.... was left with a single $4 WPS wager on Orb and cashed a $2 show ticket on Revolutionary .... lol

Greyfox
05-04-2013, 08:25 PM
he's been my derby pick all along. but I also had java's war to be second. and with those fractions he had it set up for him. He appeared to not like the surface at all.

You bet the wrong half of the Fipke uncoupled entry, with #4 Golden Soul at longer odds.

Shelby
05-04-2013, 08:27 PM
I had him keyed on a couple tickets but Golden Soul wiped me OUT.

RXB
05-04-2013, 08:32 PM
A guy sent out $100 of bets with my buddy:

$5 WPS on Orb (winner)
$5 WPS on Golden Soul (longshot second)
$2 Ex-Box Orb, Golden Soul, Revolutionary (3rd), Normandy Invasion (4th), Goldencents

He tells my buddy: Out of those five, do what you think best with the remaining $30 in tri's. (A five horse box would've cost $60.) So my buddy decides to kick out one of the two favourites-- he likes Orb so tosses Revolutionary, boxes the remaining four for a dollar and then keys Orb on top of the other three for another dollar. Of course Revolutionary just nips Normandy Invasion for third in the last couple of strides, which probably cost the guy about $7000-$8000. Ouch.

He still made a profit of almost $1100 and could hardly done a better job of selecting a group of five horses.

Tom
05-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I got greedy. And followed up with stupid.
I should have dutched Orb and Normandy Invasion and boxed the two of them in the exacta. Orb was a stick out and I liked him for weeks. NI had a lot going for him. I shoulda........

wisconsin
05-04-2013, 09:32 PM
A guy sent out $100 of bets with my buddy:

$5 WPS on Orb (winner)
$5 WPS on Golden Soul (longshot second)
$2 Ex-Box Orb, Golden Soul, Revolutionary (3rd), Normandy Invasion (4th), Goldencents

He tells my buddy: Out of those five, do what you think best with the remaining $30 in tri's. (A five horse box would've cost $60.) So my buddy decides to kick out one of the two favourites-- he likes Orb so tosses Revolutionary, boxes the remaining four for a dollar and then keys Orb on top of the other three for another dollar. Of course Revolutionary just nips Normandy Invasion for third in the last couple of strides, which probably cost the guy about $7000-$8000. Ouch.

He still made a profit of almost $1100 and could hardly done a better job of selecting a group of five horses.

50 cent tri box :bang:

Nice score, none the less. :jump:

Ocala Mike
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Backwheeled Orb to the Oaks, so didn't bother with betting him to win.

All my exactas and tris down the drain; split out by the :4: .

Simple Syrup
05-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Orb's Derby win allowed me to cash my pick-3, but given the scratch in the Woodford and the fact I had 5 horses in the last leg, I'm hardly going to win handicapper of the year for being "right".

NJ Stinks
05-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Backwheeled Orb to the Oaks, so didn't bother with betting him to win.

All my exactas and tris down the drain; split out by the :4: .

Nice wheel, Mike! :cool:

After the beating I took yesterday it feels wrong to brag today. But the light went on long enough for me to take Orb in Future Pool 3 (13-1). And hit the chalky Pick 4 ending with the Derby today.

Shug deserves all the credit. He did (more like said :) ) everything but take money out of my pocket and put it on Orb for me.

parlay
05-04-2013, 10:27 PM
cashed
$11 ex
$0.50 tri
$20 ps
if the 4 wins i only have a $1 ex, $20wps and $1pick4
i bet the super 3-16/3-16/4/all wonder what that would have paid
best Derby result i have had