PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Bailey just said...

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2013, 03:59 PM
...that Revolutionary is going to have to navigate around 16 or 17 horses in the Derby.

Am I that off in my handicapping where I see this horse being much closer early on? I just don't see him being a deep closer in this race at all...

Robert Fischer
05-04-2013, 04:02 PM
he was pretty far back for Castellano last time , and Javier isn't usually a closing jockey.
Borel's trademark is that closing run from off the pace.
Bailey could be right, but it's hard to know.

Greyfox
05-04-2013, 04:05 PM
...that Revolutionary is going to have to navigate around 16 or 17 horses in the Derby.

Am I that off in my handicapping where I see this horse being much closer early on? I just don't see him being a deep closer in this race at all...

Didn't Calvin Borel come from well of the pace on a somewhat wet track down the rail with Mine That Bird? He's on Revolutionary.

Tom
05-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Oxbow lets him get up on the inside, but he can't get ahead of about 5-6 of the early horses, so his fate may be tied to how far Oxbow goes. I think he sits chilly on the rail and waits,no matter how back that puts him.

If Oxbow goes out like a rocket, as I expect him to, and take the lead, Rev could be in a very good spot with an open rail for a long time.

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Who am I to question Mr. Bailey. He was right as rain.