PDA

View Full Version : We all love a good story!

njcurveball
05-02-2013, 07:07 PM
ACRC announced an attendance "record" of 13,258 on Sunday. For anyone who was around when they actually wanted racing, they know that 5,000 fans can pretty much fill up the parts of the track that are still open.

Now consider this, you run a Race Track and have 6 races. There are over 13,000 people there. How much is your handle? At a simple $5 per race bet, you would have $390,000 in handle. $10 per race and it would increase the handle to what was once a laughable $780,000 for that type of crowd.

Now also remember they offer every bet every race. Win, Place, Show, exotics, etc. And also remember the money "churns". So those coming with a $20 bill can easily bet $50 or more. And they have big fields as well.

But consider the $10 per fan number. Now think about this. Is there a good reason to announce double the actual crowd?

I hope they get a real meet, but I doubt inflating the attendance numbers is going to draw any interest from the Management at Parx to run more days there.

So in case you were wondering, the actual amount bet per fan on the day with their number is a little over $16. Which is less then $3 a race. :eek:

Track Attendance:
Handle:
$214,089

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/atlantic-city-race-course-draws-on-sunday/article_b49e774b-3578-56e2-817e-e3edb4eb5429.html

One thing to consider. A few years ago Dan Borislow came down for a day. He sat in a private room and bet close to 200,000. Which is pretty much the entire handle from 13,000 people. Maybe they should have sent a limo for him. :D

therussmeister
05-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Did he bet all $200,000 on AC or was he betting simulcast too?

Stillriledup
05-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Could there have been 'spinners' (no, not that kind ;) ) for a giveaway that inflated the attendance and it was really only half that?

I do know what you're saying....Many people have an opinion and ego but when it comes time to bet serious money and back that opinion with cash, they become invisible.

wiffleball whizz
05-02-2013, 08:01 PM
I gave these numbers in the "don't forget ac racecourse thusly week" thread...the on track handle is a embarrassment.....

I'll say this the people that were at the track were some of the people u would find a Walmart.....very very sad

Now the track gets to sit deaf for 359 more days

Rise Over Run
05-02-2013, 08:23 PM
I gave these numbers in the "don't forget ac racecourse thusly week" thread...the on track handle is a embarrassment.....

I'll say this the people that were at the track were some of the people u would find a Walmart.....very very sad

Every "Piney" within a 25-mile radius was at that place.

wiffleball whizz
05-03-2013, 02:46 AM

I wrote this post after taking 3 Advil pm earlier today before I went to sleep and I'm embarrassed by the poor grammar and the whole post itself...

The last like I wrote I went back and erased it like 4 times and took 10 minutes to write....

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2013, 03:57 AM
I wrote this post after taking 3 Advil pm earlier today before I went to sleep and I'm embarrassed by the poor grammar and the whole post itself...

The last like I wrote I went back and erased it like 4 times and took 10 minutes to write....That's awesome dude...

wiffleball whizz
05-03-2013, 06:13 AM
That's awesome dude...

6:30pm had work at 2am off no sleep had to force the issue.....

Before I fell asleep I felt it was more important to post in this thread then it was to text the girlfriend asking her how her Laos new year went in providence....on a scale of 1-10 on how much I care about that is a -16....true story

But back on the topic of acrc I was told they got the attendance figures by using a clicker as cars pulled into the lot....

Find it hard to believe that they keep all that valuable land out there for what comes out to be about 18 hours of racing a year,...

Years ago I heard they cant tear the building down cuz of asbestos in there not sure it's true though

wiffleball whizz
05-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Every "Piney" within a 25-mile radius was at that place.

And there weren't any hot women on the grounds the 5 days I was there other then a few cute asians that were there....but I was suprised about the lack of good eye candy there but then again south jersey doesn't exactly pump out too high a caliber fillies

Rise Over Run
05-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Years ago I heard they cant tear the building down cuz of asbestos in there not sure it's true though
All buildings from that era have asbestos and they get torn down all the time. It just takes specialized removal and disposal of the asbestos before the shell of the structure comes down. It's not cheap, but probably a drop in the bucket compared to what the land is worth.

wiffleball whizz
05-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Don't know how or why they keep it open....years ago prob in early 2000s they were articles that they didnt close it cuz it would have cost about 20 full time jobs I couldn't figure out that they even have 20 full time employees

thespaah
05-03-2013, 10:23 AM
All buildings from that era have asbestos and they get torn down all the time. It just takes specialized removal and disposal of the asbestos before the shell of the structure comes down. It's not cheap, but probably a drop in the bucket compared to what the land is worth.
I am in the Restoration business. Emergency( fire water smoke mold) services industry. Yes asbestos removal is expensive. There are regulations for the regulations.
For example. We had a water loss involving just the kitchen. About 200 sf of flooring had to be removed. Because the home was built prior to 1982, we had the original flooring which was under the ceramic tile, tested for asbestos. Positive. Normal removal of flooring would have cost the insurance co. about $500. The additional cost for asbestos abatement, $3500.

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2013, 11:05 AM
And there weren't any hot women on the grounds the 5 days I was there other then a few cute asians that were there....but I was suprised about the lack of good eye candy there but then again south jersey doesn't exactly pump out too high a caliber filliesStay classy whizzer... :lol:

JustRalph
05-03-2013, 02:49 PM
And there weren't any hot women on the grounds the 5 days I was there other then a few cute asians that were there....but I was suprised about the lack of good eye candy there but then again south jersey doesn't exactly pump out too high a caliber fillies

Why do I get a mental picture of Austin Powers everytime I read one of Wizz's posts?

Yeah Baby!

wiffleball whizz
05-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Stay classy whizzer... :lol:

No hot women, televisions from 1984 and the OLD autotote machines from 1996....Acrc is the place time forgot!!!!