PDA

View Full Version : Orb spooked while schooling

Rex Phinney
05-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Apparently some knucklehead fired up a sign lift near the paddock while ORB was schooling and the Colt was spooked kicking the back of the stall several times.

Chances he is done?

A big WTF to the crew at Churchill for the incident, what a bunch of idiots.

LAP_520
05-01-2013, 06:01 PM
ORB was just installed as the ML favorite at 7-2 by Mr Tom Battaglia.

rgustafson
05-01-2013, 06:05 PM
ORB was just installed as the ML favorite at 7-2 by Mr Tom Battaglia.

Is that Mike's brother or son?:D

LAP_520
05-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Oops..... cannot do two things at once..... It is Mike B.

JustRalph
05-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Apparently some knucklehead fired up a sign lift near the paddock while ORB was schooling and the Colt was spooked kicking the back of the stall several times.

Chances he is done?

A big WTF to the crew at Churchill for the incident, what a bunch of idiots.

this kind of post should have more info............if you're going to post this on this board........you should back it up with sources

NikeUnlimited
05-01-2013, 07:25 PM
DRF - Orb spooked while schooling at Churchill Downs (http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-derby-orb-spooked-while-schooling-churchill-downs)

Not what I wanted to see, hope this doesn't cause any issues, he was my Derby pick

iceknight
05-01-2013, 07:53 PM
DRF - Orb spooked while schooling at Churchill Downs (http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-derby-orb-spooked-while-schooling-churchill-downs)

Not what I wanted to see, hope this doesn't cause any issues, he was my Derby pick Yes he did and I read about this too. I am kinda surprised that it does not come up in any search of the news.. Also, more surprisingly, the other thread speaking about this has been closed.

**conspiracy theories** ?

Tom
05-01-2013, 08:18 PM
That sounds like a pretty bone-head move doing that crap so close to the paddock while horses were in it.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Horses can kick the back of their stall and not injure themselves...happens all the time...so even if this story is true, it's not the end of the world necessarily...

Guess it helps if the wall isn't made of cinder block...

JustRalph
05-01-2013, 08:41 PM
That sounds like a pretty bone-head move doing that crap so close to the paddock while horses were in it.

somebody got fired........I bet

ManU918
05-01-2013, 08:42 PM
I hope he doesn't scratch... When Uncle Mo scratched that cost me around 4-5 points on Animal Kingdom... So much money will be on Orb and there is no way I am touching him.

098poi
05-01-2013, 10:08 PM
This a comment from the linked article

I just talked to Orb and he said he wasn't spooked. He was actually pissed-off the guy was using a Hitachi lift and not a John Deere. I asked him what the difference is and he said " nothing runs like a deer."
Now that's a smart horse. How can you not like him?

raybo
05-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Wonder if they are going to work him now, before the race? Might they take him out and give him a short breeze, just to make sure he's 100%?

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Yes he did and I read about this too. I am kinda surprised that it does not come up in any search of the news.. Also, more surprisingly, the other thread speaking about this has been closed.

**conspiracy theories** ?It's called acting responsibly in the face of zero sources at the time...now that the story has been confirmed, I'll gladly merge this thread with that thread...

Thanks for your concern.

depalma113
05-02-2013, 05:42 AM
somebody got fired........I bet
Can't fire union guys.

chadk66
05-02-2013, 09:44 AM
99% probability it's a non issue