PDA

View Full Version : Why does Churchill refuse to show the horses?

Stillriledup
05-01-2013, 05:04 PM
With about 3 or 4 mins to post, there's like 2 full mins (or more) of dead time where there is nothing on the Churchill feed but graphics. No horses, no warmups.

I have plenty of 'graphics' i have plenty of devices where i can check the current odds, pool sizes, etc but no devices to see the horses other than what "Twinspires" shows me.

They seem to be the only track that i know of that does this.

There must be some reason they do it, i'm just not sure why.

MightBeSosa
05-01-2013, 05:34 PM
To foil the lip readers?

BIG49010
05-01-2013, 06:35 PM
I think some marketing wiz from CDI must have put that in the production teams playbook at CD and AP. It drives me nuts at both tracks too, when they should be showing the horses they show the tote, or the crowd. :bang:

Stillriledup
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
I think some marketing wiz from CDI must have put that in the production teams playbook at CD and AP. It drives me nuts at both tracks too, when they should be showing the horses they show the tote, or the crowd. :bang:

Right! That's true, i forgot about that, instead of a gallop out, they'll show some joker celebrating a 2 dollar show bet. I know when a few weeks pass and i need to reference that replay again, that's exactly what i want to see, some random nonsense.

But, its the racing industry, i don't expect too much from them at this point.

Tom
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
They have no concern for the bettors.
And like most tracks they have no clue who their customers are.

wiffleball whizz
05-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Right! That's true, i forgot about that, instead of a gallop out, they'll show some joker celebrating a 2 dollar show bet. I know when a few weeks pass and i need to reference that replay again, that's exactly what i want to see, some random nonsense.

But, its the racing industry, i don't expect too much from them at this point.

Agree I remember when AP used to show the clowns in the stands high fiving when the 3/5 wins!!!

SandyW
05-01-2013, 09:57 PM
They try to make it harder and harder to win and do everything to drive the players away, daily.

When you see more people giving up the game then new players coming into to the game, it is very easy to see that management couldn't give a damm about what is good for their customers.

It was always a tough hill to climb, but it is much tougher now then it has ever been.:)

BIG49010
05-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Churchill wants slot machines and that is all they care about. Make things look as bad as possible. I understand that, I would like to have a couple too to help out my finances, but don't ruin everything to get them.

The states need to lay down some rules for these tracks, if you don't maintain your current customer base, the slots go away. I guess this is what is happening in Canada, ahy.

wiffleball whizz
05-01-2013, 10:54 PM
In all fairness id rather see odds and prices and probables then horses scoring on the track.....and Id say 80 percent would rather they show odds abs stuff rather then horses....that's my opinion

SandyW
05-02-2013, 12:00 AM
In all fairness id rather see odds and prices and probables then horses scoring on the track.....and Id say 80 percent would rather they show odds abs stuff rather then horses....that's my opinion

You can show them both at the same time, other tracks do.

nijinski
05-02-2013, 12:12 AM
They can do both , with split screen . I'd like to see them on their way to the the track and on the track .
Beore they saddle up they often follow the favorites . I'd like ro see more
but I guess there are time constraints .

Valuist
05-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Agree I remember when AP used to show the clowns in the stands high fiving when the 3/5 wins!!!

One only needs to wait one more day to see more of that.

wiffleball whizz
05-02-2013, 03:56 PM
You can show them both at the same time, other tracks do.

Agree......no reason not to show both like everybody else....

wiffleball whizz
05-02-2013, 03:58 PM
One only needs to wait one more day to see more of that.

I can't wait to see 3/5s and crowd shots.....they better go to the crowd before they do anything.....

Stillriledup
05-20-2013, 07:28 PM
PID is worse than anyone....you never see a horse at this place. Weird.

Tom
05-20-2013, 10:44 PM
I can't wait to see 3/5s and crowd shots.....they better go to the crowd before they do anything.....

The you must love.... :D

westny
05-20-2013, 11:48 PM
NYRA has a very good pre-race presentation. Alot of camera work focuses in the horses saddling, walking in ring...out on the track. Plus M Wolfendale comments live from the paddock,

CDI is not interested in allowing the bettor to SEE the horses, just the odds so you can keep betting. No difference between CDI and P&G. One peddles "soap flakes", the other horses races.

The shareholders are who CDI is interested in pleasing....less expenses, more profit, bigger earnings per, bigger bonuses for execs. CDI does not publish daily attendence or handle figures either.

Robert Goren
05-21-2013, 08:05 AM
NYRA has a very good pre-race presentation. Alot of camera work focuses in the horses saddling, walking in ring...out on the track. Plus M Wolfendale comments live from the paddock,

CDI is not interested in allowing the bettor to SEE the horses, just the odds so you can keep betting. No difference between CDI and P&G. One peddles "soap flakes", the other horses races.

The shareholders are who CDI is interested in pleasing....less expenses, more profit, bigger earnings per, bigger bonuses for execs. CDI does not publish daily attendence or handle figures either.Even NYRA has problems. I like to see the feet of the horses during the post parade. There is something I look for then. NYRA often doesn't show that. I guess I have give up something for being able to bet at home.

Not4Love
05-21-2013, 08:19 AM
I just switched. Twinspires to 4njbets.