PDA

View Full Version : Derby

Some_One
05-01-2013, 03:59 AM
Just for the record, unless something changes like getting the 1 post, I just can't go with anyone else but Goldencents for the Derby.

lamboguy
05-01-2013, 04:18 AM
Just for the record, unless something changes like getting the 1 post, I just can't go with anyone else but Goldencents for the Derby.does this race drag your money out of your pockets like a magnet?

precocity
05-01-2013, 09:18 AM
does this race drag your money out of your pockets like a magnet?
whats wrong with goldencents? he has tactical speed and will be on or near the lead, if he can rate going around the back stretch he has a chance.

jerry-g
05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
I too picked Goldenscents almost a week ago now. Doug O'Neal
is doing the same thing he did last year with "I'll Have Another".
The horse won the Santa Anita and went on to the Derby and
won there. Goldenscents won the SA this year and now on to
the Derby. History just might repeat its self. "The Roots of the
Present, are Deep in the Past."

lamboguy
05-01-2013, 12:01 PM
whats wrong with goldencents? he has tactical speed and will be on or near the lead, if he can rate going around the back stretch he has a chance.i don't have any problem with GOLDENCENTS. the Kentucky Derby is the SUPERBOWL of horse racing, but it doesn't have to be the SUPERBOWL of betting. you collect the same currency no matter where you bet, the 5th at BEULAH or the 12th at CHURCHILL on May 4.

Some_One
05-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Actually it is different as there is a whole lot more dumb public money in the Derby versus the 5th at Beu which makes betting more +EV IMO.

PhantomOnTour
05-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Goldencents and Verrazano should move to the fore on the far turn (with maybe Oxbow in there). Verrazano looks push button though and it will be very tough for Krigger to shake him and open up, imo.
These two or three could get away, but there's some serious late runners in Orb, Revolutionary and Normandy.

Gotta wait for the draw

lamboguy
05-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Actually it is different as there is a whole lot more dumb public money in the Derby versus the 5th at Beu which makes betting more +EV IMO.
i am dumb, and if i bet the derby i am betting less than any other race that i might bet.

LAP_520
05-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Okay ...draw is done for the 139th Derby and Todd is "licking his chops" because of the post postion spots for all of his trained horses.....

ORD is the ML favorite at 7-2....... hope he did not hurt himself this morning ( 5/1/13)

I like Javas War's post....outside, out of trouble. he can take a few slips of "coffee" and then leave the gate as he usually does.... question is can he do that and still catch Lines of Battle....and the other six or seven horses ... Orb, Goldenscents, Verrazano, It'smyluckyday, Palace Malice, Overanalyze, and Charming Kitten

Wonder if I just posted the Triple (?)

Good Luck all..... and Enjoy the day and the thrill.

JustRalph
05-01-2013, 06:47 PM
I think he is right on the lead or beside it on the first turn

Saratoga_Mike
05-01-2013, 06:49 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-derby-orb-spooked-while-schooling-churchill-downs

Orb spooked article as requested.

JustRalph
05-01-2013, 06:53 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-derby-orb-spooked-while-schooling-churchill-downs

Orb spooked article as requested.

Thanks! Looks like it has crashed the server