PDA

View Full Version : Johnny V-on a layoff?

jahura2
04-30-2013, 01:41 PM
This may be me Overanylizing (pun not intended), and it could be a dumb question, but I would like to hear if anyone has any thoughts on Johnny V. riding thiis Saturday on a 3 week layoff. He is a great rider, and will no doubt have other mounts, but is any thought given to his mental and physical fitness when riding Verazzano this Saturday. If he has the horse, all it takes is one tenth of a second delay in making a decision and he could lose the race.
Does his layoff matter at all?

Striker
04-30-2013, 01:57 PM
He is supposed to ride this week before the derby. He has mounts at Belmont on Wednesday in Race 3, Thursday in Race 5, so he will be able to see how he feels during a race then.

iceknight
04-30-2013, 05:22 PM
This may be me Overanylizing (pun not intended), and it could be a dumb question, but I would like to hear if anyone has any thoughts on Johnny V. riding thiis Saturday on a 3 week layoff. He is a great rider, and will no doubt have other mounts, but is any thought given to his mental and physical fitness when riding Verazzano this Saturday. If he has the horse, all it takes is one tenth of a second delay in making a decision and he could lose the race.
Does his layoff matter at all? He is also supposed to ride (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/77914/dreaming-of-julia-draws-post-8-in-ky-oaks) DOJ in the Oaks the day before..

Striker
05-03-2013, 01:41 PM
He sure looked okay winning the G2 race at CD a few minutes ago.

Beachbabe
05-03-2013, 01:56 PM
He sure looked okay winning the G2 race at CD a few minutes ago.

Yeh, he had to really scrub on that horse throughout the stretch. If there was anything wrong with his shoulder it would have shown up then.