PDA

View Full Version : Where's VS

Amazin
02-18-2004, 01:49 AM
When last seen,VS was complemented with these responses:

First from our distinguished moderator regarding her posts:I think anyone reading them will see how truly warped you can be at times....

How thoughtful

And from KK's spokesman RW:I'm really tired of reading VS's verbose and intolerant posts

And now she's MIA since those posts back on 2/9.Coincidence? No wonder this board keeps losing members. At least I stick to a topic that is expected to be controversial. But horseracing controversial? I thought it was fun.

ljb
02-18-2004, 09:50 AM
I was away for a while but I heard it on the grapevine that she ran off with Boxcar and they lived happly ever after.

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2004, 01:30 PM
"...Keeps losing members?"

Alrighty Then!

Tell that to my web host. They keep charging me MORE AND MORE each month because of OVERUSAGE!!

JustRalph
02-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Amazin
No wonder this board keeps losing members.

If my numbers are right........the member list is up 150 or so since the Saratoga party....................

Amazin
02-18-2004, 03:53 PM
There are alot of members who look but don't write. The one's who leave are the one's who have an active participation.... I wonder why? Hmm.

cj
02-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Could you name some of these "writing" members who have left? Looking over the list of top posters, I can't find anyone in at least the first 30 who doesn't post anymore, VS excluded of course. This is the best board for racing around, period. Much of the off topics stuff is a joke, but the racing section is great.

ranchwest
02-18-2004, 05:44 PM
When last seen,VS was complemented with these responses:

First from our distinguished moderator regarding her posts:I think anyone reading them will see how truly warped you can be at times....

How thoughtful

And from KK's spokesman RW:I'm really tired of reading VS's verbose and intolerant posts

And now she's MIA since those posts back on 2/9.Coincidence? No wonder this board keeps losing members. At least I stick to a topic that is expected to be controversial. But horseracing controversial? I thought it was fun.

Uh, I stand by my statement about VS and I do find KK's posts interesting, but I hardly think KK would ever endorse me as his spokesman nor would I want to be. I don't have any idea what the basis for such a ludicrous assumption would be.

In fact, if I recall correctly, I was once labelled as being part of the Texas Possee out to "get Karl". Now, I'm his spokesman. My how the tide comes in and out.

Suff
02-18-2004, 06:12 PM
imho

Vs getting sent down the road was a big hit to the talent pool here. Very sharp, very thorough and extremely bright.

PA told me in passing that he blocked her/him.. whatever. We were talking about something else and he dropped it in. I never asked why or said good or bad.

But I will say... he/she got wierd after 6 months or so.. it was freaky. It really hit home when I posted that CJ was going to Belguim. VS came in that thread and acted as if. That aint happening. Me and Cj are friends. I know his wife I've met and spoken with his wife a number of times. Who the hell is her/him to get into a our REAL friendhsip and talk to someone about thier REAL CHILDREN? That freaked me out.

The painstaking effort she/he went to , to remain anonymous is without question her/his right. But you can't go talking to people about thier chidren and coming off as there is some kind of REAL Connection between CJ and her/him... or this board for that Matter. and in no way should someone exerting that much effort to be anonymous speak to anyone about thier children. That gave me shivers. I almost felt like I should'nt of said anything..

so .. she/he's a freak and gone. No sweat.

Say what you want about me, or members like hamilton, scwartz, scmidt etc... they post under thier own name. They stand behind every word they type... they're real people who post as real people.. Thats invaluable to a sense of credibility, community and friendship in my thinking.

Saratoga Story,, Travers Day august 28th 2003.

not everyone that came to Saratoga took a liking to me. I know alot of guys say I am a great guy and all.. and I like that.. But I am not everyones cup of tea and don't wish to be..

a guy many here know...

This son of a Mutha,,, a real ball busta,, kept e-mailing telling me he was coming to the tOGA party. I did'nt want him there.. I don't like him.. I ignored him.

He came to the tent. Travers day, He called me on my cell phone and asked me to step outside the tent and meet him. I did'nt know who it was. I got about 15 calls that morning.. so I just stepped outside.

He still had me on the phone...and he told me "Come outside the tent.. I'm over here on the right"... so I look,, and there is a guy waiving at me... so I smile and walk over.. and he sticks his hand out and says " Hi I am "Xoxxoxox". I put my hands in my pocket and say "F*** you I don't want to meet you"... Your an idiot. He says "Oh come on,,, Don;t be like that,, here , meet my friends. I say.. No,, F*** them to,, I don't want to meet anyone with you and stay the f*** away from my people and my tent!"

I turned and walked into the tent. I left him where I found him.

PA was there he saw it. 1 or 2 others saw it. Other that That I never mentioned it to no one...and the guys that were there and will read this are hearing it for the first time. I made no noise about it...

You think that guy likes me?

Tom
02-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Someone put the Kat out. :D

Seriously,
It was classless to post private messages.
It was senseless to maintain an attack on Game Theory.

Meoooooooooow+++++++++++++++++++++++

Suff
02-18-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Tom
on Game Theory.

Don't know the man from Adam... But you can go a long time in this world before You'll find a guy with that much knowledge and experience who shares it so freely and humbly. .He's a rare person who is a big plus out here.

Suff
02-18-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Suff
imho

the f*** away from my people and my tent!"

I ?

u missed 1

Suff
02-18-2004, 06:53 PM
can I get swearing rights for 10 days?

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2004, 06:54 PM
u missed 1

Thanks. I don't ask for much.

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2004, 06:55 PM
can I get swearing rights for 10 days?

Unfortunately, no.....if there's anything else I can do for you however, just let me know!

Suff
02-18-2004, 06:56 PM
its a Policy.

Right Jacky boy?

Suff
02-18-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Unfortunately, no.....if there's anything else I can do for you however, just let me know!

put up with me the best you can...

You above all are my King of all Kings.. A real Prince.

Thanks for everything.

Amazin
02-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Suff said"Vs getting sent down the road .....

PA told me in passing that he blocked her/him..

Sometimes everybody sounds like Derek code. I can't make out what you're saying. Is VS just MIA or did she get booted?

Amazin
02-18-2004, 08:24 PM
RW said"I hardly think KK would ever endorse me as his spokesman nor would I want to be. I don't have any idea what the basis for such a ludicrous assumption would be."

People on this board have poor memory. Here's the link from the "Karl" thread. You seemed knowledgable about Karl at that time in relation to my questions and I never forgot it. I also reffered to you as his spokesman back then. See page 4&5 of this thread.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6377&perpage=15&highlight=karl&pagenumber=4

Amazin
02-18-2004, 08:31 PM
CJ asked"Could you name some of these "writing" members who have left?

I won't get into names,but the VS scenario is a similar pattern to those departed. The departed are usually verbally abused from the board and they in turn quit in disgust.

so.cal.fan
02-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Tom,

"Someone put the Kat out".

Are you suggesting VS may be that old Frank/Kat/Guru character who was so troublesome on the message boards a few years ago?

Interesting observation. You guys are sharp, had me fooled.

BillW
02-18-2004, 09:06 PM
its a Policy.

Right Jacky boy?

I think TJ is still traumatized :D

ranchwest
02-18-2004, 09:38 PM
RW said"I hardly think KK would ever endorse me as his spokesman nor would I want to be. I don't have any idea what the basis for such a ludicrous assumption would be."

People on this board have poor memory. Here's the link from the "Karl" thread. You seemed knowledgable about Karl at that time in relation to my questions and I never forgot it. I also reffered to you as his spokesman back then. See page 4&5 of this thread.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6377&perpage=15&highlight=karl&pagenumber=4

I was knowledgeable about Karl because I'd read his posts.

Being knowledgeable about someone and being their spokesman are completely different. Most people are knowledgeable about the President of the United States, but that doesn't make them his spokesman. Can you imagine how bizarre that would be?

Your interpretation is as wrong now as it was then.

Over the years, Karl and I have both agreed and disagreed. I stand by my statement that calling me his spokesman is ludicrous.

Amazin
02-18-2004, 10:10 PM
You didn't deny it then when I called you on it back then.You just said you were his interpretor. I don't see how this is ridiculous. An interpretor is a spokesman especially when you speak the same language.

ranchwest
02-18-2004, 10:27 PM
No, an interpretor is not a spokesman, big difference. Look it up in your Funk and Wagnalls.

So, I did deny it then, as I do now.

Learn the language, it will open a world for you.

JimL
02-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Correct me if I am wrong. I read a VS, post yesterday, General Handicapping, Chart Comments. JimL

Speed Figure
02-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by JimL
Correct me if I am wrong. I read a VS, post yesterday, General Handicapping, Chart Comments. JimL
Your right!

JimG
02-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by JimL

VS posted it on 8/4. An old thread that was resurrected.

JimG

Speed Figure
02-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by JimG
VS posted it on 8/4. An old thread that was resurrected.

JimG
Your right that post is old.

Secretariat
02-19-2004, 10:10 AM
I wish VS well. Always learned sometihng from her observations, even if at times I disagreed. I can see why she went onto other things though.

JimL
02-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Jim, Thank You! Really felt I was seeing things! JimL

Amazin
02-19-2004, 11:52 AM
PA

I still would like a clarification here. Suff and you hint of a booting of VS.

If she left on her own from disgust,I find that a little suspect considering her strength of character.

Which is it?

Suff
02-19-2004, 03:23 PM
PA

I still would like a clarification here. Suff andWhich is it?

you'll get shit , and like it.

Amazin
02-19-2004, 03:45 PM
What's with your attitude? Answer the F'n question.

Suff
02-19-2004, 05:26 PM
What's with your attitude? .

Mainly seperation anxiety. Coupled with the fact that I have been here 2 years and you and I have communicated in a thread 2 or 3 times. Now your asking me for explanations?

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2004, 06:54 PM
PA

I still would like a clarification here. Suff and you hint of a booting of VS.

If she left on her own from disgust,I find that a little suspect considering her strength of character.

Which is it?

You're a bright fellow....figure it out on your own.

Amazin
02-19-2004, 08:46 PM
PA

So this is how you treat VS? A major contributor to your board.

Bubbles
02-19-2004, 09:32 PM
I hate to get involved in stuff like this, but Amazin, let me ask you this. If you had a site like this, and somebody posted PRIVATE MESSAGES in a public thread, what would you do? VS WAS a great contributor to the board, but you just don't do what he/she did, posting private stuff for all to see.

Suff
02-19-2004, 10:05 PM
You must know Jim Rollins and Harry standard.. they are friends of my family from Idaho

You must know bob ryan from Chicago who was friends with Pat and chris , who are friends of my family. And they played poker at Barneys every friday

Btw you bet on many of my familys horses

and my family had a farm

and I had an office in Albany

and Here are my friends at equibase

My wg-2's are to many to talk about...

send me a PM we'll meet at AP..

huh who what why where? silly silly silly... on and on...

a freak with lots to hide.

keilan
02-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Amazin you have had several months of opportunity to correspond with VS. You act like you lost your best friend. The obvious question to you is "why don't you have her email address" then you could have contacted her directly and asked your questions.

See you really could give a "rat ass" about VS or anyone else that posts here regularly. This has become a place for you to come daily and rant. You must get something from it or you wouldn't be doing it, but one of these days you to will go too far and you also will be toast.

Not many around here are going to miss VS, if he/she taught you something during his/her stay here I'd suggest you didn't know much about playing the horses anyway.

Major contributors of this board have always gotten a fair shake from this community, major pains in the ass have been pushed out the door. No one here has to get along with any one individual or group to remain as a member here, but certainly there is a line in the sand that should never to crossed.

Isn't it time to try and find some common ground with the other members here, or really "what is the point of being here"?

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2004, 10:13 PM
I nominate Keilan's post for POST OF THE MONTH.....(that's if I had such an award to give out....LOL)

Bravo my good man! Bravo!

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2004, 10:14 PM
And Suff, your post made me laugh...not award material, but it made me laugh, and that's a good thing these days!

keilan
02-19-2004, 10:23 PM
PA posted I nominate Keilan's post for POST OF THE MONTH.....(

Just my luck --the shortest month of the year. There will probably be an asterisk beside it. ;)

JustRalph
02-19-2004, 10:27 PM
interesting......... I never made the connection on those posts. But of course I was too busy fending off the hammer and sickle in the off topic forum ........

I get accused of this sometimes.........but......

does the word verbose come to mind?

JustRalph
02-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by keilan
PA posted

Just my luck --the shortest month of the year. There will probably be an asterisk beside it. ;)

there calling for an asterisk on Bonds records now..... I saw something on ESPN today..........

Amazin
02-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Kelian

Your right about me and VS. I don't really have a rappor with her,and felt that she had a little disdain for me. I mainly inquired in principal. I didn't see her specific "crime" but I found her entertaining and enjoyed when she would use her femaleness to intimidate some of the dorks here. I can't imagine she did anything horrendous enough to get kicked off. So what if she talked about personal shit?Are you guys traumatized from it?

If this board gets to the points that they can't handle what I say,then it will have become a worthless board. The only strength comes from facing your adversaries,not getting your ego stroked. That's how we grow.

Tom
02-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Kelian

Your right about me and VS. I don't really have a rappor with her,and felt that she had a little disdain for me. I mainly inquired in principal. I didn't see her specific "crime" but I found her entertaining and enjoyed when she would use her femaleness to intimidate some of the dorks here.

***I don't think so.***

I can't imagine she did anything horrendous enough to get kicked off. So what if she talked about personal shit?Are you guys traumatized from it?

***Why does it not surprise me that a simpel thing like trust would be a foreign idea for you?***

If this board gets to the points that they can't handle what I say,then it will have become a worthless board.
***Pretty sure of yourself, aren't you? Worthless because we don't agree wtih YOU?***

The only strength comes from facing your adversaries,not getting your ego stroked. That's how we grow.
***Wrong again, A. Growth comes from building on common ground, from a synergism that comes from mutual respect and understanding. We grow from diverse opinions when we find ways to gain from the benefits each other's diversity, not from our weaknesses and fears. YOU have NEVER tried to be anything but a rightious ass on this board. You bandy about terms like "Blind Bush followers, yet most Bush supporters have expressed differing views than Bush on some topics. Only you and your shadows are consistently and blindly anti-Bush. Your views are your rights, but your right to express them in no way supercede our right to disagree with them. This board may be worthless to YOU, but to many of us here, YOU are the worthless one. What is the ratio of your handicapping/racing posts to your post of cruel venom? What do YOU contribute to this board other than a warped, one sided view. At least VS offered IDEAS mixed in with her drivel. You, sir, are 100% BS

JustRalph
02-20-2004, 12:28 AM
Tom:

I think Keilan might have a problem winning post of the month. You nailed it brother.......!

keilan
02-20-2004, 10:44 AM
JustRalph wrote I think Keilan might have a problem winning post of the month. You nailed it brother.......!

Ralph -- I already passed the torch uhh sticker :)

Tom -- you've expressed my thoughts to a T, thanx

Now if you gentlemen will excuse me I'll be heading back to the horsie stuff. I figure Suff is already knee deep studying the Palm Beach Stakes at Gulfstream for tomorrow.

I haven't figured out a stategy yet for this contest, do I try and maintain my lead with x's and tri's or try to hit another home run?

Oh PA one other thing is it possible to block only D2u from accessing my email and PM as he continue's to send me very "randy" correspondence. :D :D

Amazin
02-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Tom

Try to be a little more subtle. And I would also recommend you take a night class in reading comprehension.

OOOHH.I'm traumatized by what you said. Where's my mommy or should I say PA to take care of your insults.

The bottom line is you psuedo macho dorks are wimps. You can't handle criticism. You can't handle change and you can't handle the truth. All you know how to do is back up big Dorks like CJ who threatens to knock my teeth in for having an opinion. Intelligence rating: 0.

Now that you have twisted everything I said to your neat misinterpretation of it,you get patted on the back by more narrow minded members. Is that how you grow and learn? How much support does a wimp need?

I'm sure you're pissed now cause I called you a wimp. You know why I call you a wimp? Because a wimp to me is someone who doesn't have the guts to listen to the other side without putting blinkers on. A wimp is someone who condones the deaths of others but considers it an outrage if his life is in danger. And getting support by fellow wimps with the same narrow viewpoints gives you zero growth and awareness.

As for horseracing posts,I have learned 0 and improved my game 0. There's nothing new.These guys rehash stuff that's entertaining at times but has not improved my game 1 iota.

You want proof?Take a look at the contests.This board has done poorly vs. other boards. The current pk4 contest shows the supposed king SUFF with a big zero. The skilled CJ a big ZERO.The you dropped out. THe PA finally hit one last week. If this board is so horseracing educational,you'd think they would do better. It's pure BS.

In this off topic section,I do learn stuff. You and Lefty are indespensible. You are my opposites in ideology. That is a challenge. And when it comes to support,I don't look for it here.I'd rather suck on a tit.

cj
02-20-2004, 02:37 PM
I can handle all the criticism you can dish out Amazin, if I can read it that is. Your poor spelling and grammar make the posts indecipharable at times.

I love when people bring up the contests, like they have anything to do with whether a person is a good horseplayer or not. It would be nice if the bashers actually participated in the contest first. I earned my way onto the PA interboard team and did quite well with my picks. But, it was a weekend contest, so a lot of it is luck. As for the pick 4, I spend about 5 minutes throwing a ticket together. I don't bet one cent on the thing for real, it is for fun. If you want to know if I can win money, go through the selections thread and look at the picks I have posted. I don't keep track, but I'll guarentee you at least a 25% profit, probably more. Better yet, come in the War Room for a day and watch the real horseplayers in action. Believe it or not, most of the guys would have a civil conversation about horses with you. Unlike yourself, they are able to separate political views for betting horses.

As for the off topic section, I wish it would vanish into thin air. All it does is cause problems in the horse sections, the sections most of us care about. The people like you, ljb, and boxcar who do 95% of their posts in the Off Topics section should find something more suited to their needs.

As for the intelligence comment, I'll take you on any day. Jeopardy, math test, computer skills, essay contest, whatever you want. Or, I could just kick your ass! I'm versatile!:D:D:D

cj
02-20-2004, 02:47 PM
...and this from the guy who says the President deserves to be assassinated? Its horrible to say I would kick your ass, but it is okay to say the President deserves to be murdered. You are one truly amazin' idiot.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-20-2004, 03:28 PM
You say you haven't improved you handicapping game by being on this website at all. Obviously not the fault of all the people who have contributed to this website and the knowledge of all, is it?

But you spend most of your time in Off Topic arguing politics with horseplayers. If you really want to discuss politics, why not do it on a board that is about politics instead of one about horse racing? You don't really think you're adding anything of epic value to a horse racing forum by arguing politics, do you?

Larry Hamilton
02-20-2004, 03:29 PM
agree

Suff
02-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Kelian

Your right about me and VS. I don't really have a rappor with her,and felt that she had a little disdain for me. That's how .

what should you care if he/she or anyone here has disdain for you. I read about 30% of your stuff and I agree with many things you say... Your a little over the top most times.. but by and large I agree with your radical? Enlightened? Views on many issues. Thats why I don't get into it to much...because I could very easily do what you do ..and get all bogged down in politics and culture and what people think of me and my views..

don;t worry what people think of you to the point where it affects you being yourself. Be yourself. Not everyone thinks your a whacko.

Amazin
02-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Suff

I cited the disdain from VS to make a point: That I wasn't defending her because we had some kind of comradery. I was defending her on principal as I said previously.

It is from being myself that some here call me derogatory names. But I don't feel unique in my viewpoints or isolated. More than half the country now feels a need for a change.

I think the people who argue politics here do it mostly for entertainment knowing it's not going to change anything. I must confess,alot of the times I burst out laughing after writing something leftist knowing Tom,Lefty or some other right winger is going to hate what I just wrote and go ballistic. I don't take the negativity seriously.I find it humorous. This is cyberspace.A fantasy.

Suff
02-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Suff

. This is cyberspace.A fantasy.

This is less and less true as rank and file knuckleheads like myself Populate the internet. Its part of life know. Its not uncommon to hear of many types of friendships and relationships that started on the Web and more specifaclly message boards.

A big element will always use the anonymity of the internet to play games.. But by and large I find the internet becoming more and more real. And many parts of my real life depend on the internet.

I'll tell you a little about my Iraq adventure that I am embarking on soon. About 4 weeks ago I got a Job offer to go as a Govt Contract employee. In my due diligence I used the Intenet. I'll skip through the details.. But I found a company in Kuwait that has just gotten big sub-contracts from one of the Primes.... 2 Power Plants, and 2 marine projects. I contacted them. They had a guy here in Pittsburgh looking for People with LNG experience. Particuarly Co-Gen, Hydrogen cooled.

I got with the guy in Pittsburgh 2 days later. I started trading e-mails with my certifications and specific experience with their engineering department in IRAQ. They sent me some screen shots of Primavera and a few spread sheets, some infrastructure reports that required me to do some MW needs estimates and asked me to comment. Then I got a call from a Managing director in Kuwait.

Long story short.. The Govt contract Job was for me to build 2-4 base camps for Private contractors and then stay and provide site management, supply and logistics services for area re-construction efforts. I would have been in a Barracks environment, in a high -risk area to boot.

I ended up tossing that Job and have been hired directly by the Firm in Kuwait. Its a bigger Job.. The company is huge. Has completed major projects in Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Quatar, Dubia, Malaysia. I am getting slightly less money but I am being provided a Kuwait residence, while I work in Basra 80 miles to the north in Iraq. 300 Miles from Baghdad. I am being paid in DINAR. Kuwait has no Income tax... and this the IRS rule on my Foriegn income while taking up a foriegn residence..

Federal Treatment
IRC Section 911(a) gives a qualified individual an election to exclude foreign earned income and housing cost amounts from gross income for the taxable year within the applicable limitations. All other sources of income subject to Federal Income Tax are not affected by this provision.
IRC Section 911(d)(1) defines "qualified individual" as an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. and:
1. Establishes bona fide residency in a foreign country for an uninterrupted period which includes an entire taxable year, or
2. Who is physically present in a foreign country or countries for at least 330 full days during any 12 consecutive months.

Foreign earned income exclusion and housing exclusion and deduction. Chapter 4 discusses income tax benefits that apply if you meet certain requirements while living abroad. You may qualify to treat up to $80,000 of your income as not taxable by the United States. You may also be able to either deduct part of your housing expenses from your income or treat a limited amount of income used for housing expenses as not taxable by the United States. These benefits are called the foreign earned income exclusion and the foreign housing deduction and exclusion.
To qualify for either of the exclusions or the deduction, you must have a residence in a foreign country and earn income from personal services performed in a foreign country. These rules are explained in chapter 4

I figure my first 100K is tax free and quite likley only what I deposit back is exposed .or if I make a US investment like buying a stock. I'd then be taxed at the appropatte basis.

I'm hooked up. I did it all on the internet...amazing.

I think you might want to consider that the Net is more real than you think. You got yourself pigeon holed on this board. Your so accustmoded to being in these long flamed filled threads that your stuck there. Your a fairly bright guy with an interest in Horse racing.. But your got yourselfed pinned to the wall by a group of women posing as men. They're wife won;t sleep with them.. the boss is all over them. They're broke, they have a small penis etc..etc... So they beat up on you and they feel better.

They're mostly like the guy behind that curtain in the wizard of oz.

do yourself a favor. Take your diapers off and grow up. Stop agitating the infirmed and malcontents. Anything beyond 5 posts and a weeks time is nothing but a bitch brawl on the board.

PaceAdvantage
02-21-2004, 03:16 AM
THe PA finally hit one last week. If this board is so horseracing educational,you'd think they would do better.

Now hold on there a minute buddy...I hit TWO pick 4s last week.....

AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

And you're free to leave whenever you want...nobody is forcing you to stay here.

Let's add this up:

a) you get nothing from this board horseracing-wise

and

b) although this is not a politics-based board, that's where you spend 98% of your time....in off-topic...talking politics....

And you think we're the morons here?

PaceAdvantage
02-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Hit another Pik4 today dippy. That's 3 of the last 4....

Amazin
02-21-2004, 09:16 PM
PA

Are you trying to make a joke?Cause if you are,it is funny. You are bragging about your Pk4 hits? Including today ($151.00 pk4),your total bankroll is $1937. I count 20 pk 4's since the start of the contest. At $200.00 per Pk4 that's an investment of $4000.00. So right now you are $2063 in the hole. Is that supposed to disprove my theory that this board is not really an educational outlet for the average horseplayer. It certainly does not look that way. Oh and CJ,Suff still zero's........Don't look now but I think VS could do better

Tom
02-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Why don't you come out of Off Topics and joing the lively discussion between Rick and Mike N?
Try something new for you - like contibuting.
Your only "contribution" out there has been the snide reference to "bush tracks."
Aren't YOU capable of anything else?

cj
02-22-2004, 04:27 AM
PA

Oh and CJ,Suff still zero's........

So, we are still tied with you.

Suff
02-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Oh and,Suff still zero's.......

You cut me. You happy now? I've never been one to seek you out and drop a hammer on you. But you snuck up behind me here and stuck me good. I'm big on these contests. I want to win them all..or at least do well. It means alot to me. I read your thread last night.. I was tempted to stick you back. But instead I will just say, It really bothers me that I can't get on the Ridersup Board... Its stuck in my craw that I am throwing up blanks every week. You rubbed it in. It does suck , but I can take it. If thats what your offering, keep it coming. I can take it all day and night.
I don't like it and it adds to my frustration of being a ZERO but bring it on if thats what your about.

Yesterday I had only 20 minutes and my Ticket sucked. Today i will have more time to handicap and I'm feeling good about getting on the board today.

PaceAdvantage
02-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Amazin, you are changing your tune once again. YOUR ORIGINAL POST SAID I HAVE ONLY HIT ONE PICK4!! YOU SAID NOTHING ABOUT ROI YOU TURD.

Why change your tune? If you wanted this to be about ROI, you should have said so in the first place.

By the way, I've hit the first two legs of today's Pick 4 as well ($11.40 and $16.80), so maybe I'll make it four of the last five???

Talk about flamers, you are a big time flamer. Please LJB, help me out here!! This guy is flaming everyone! Nothing but personal attacks!! HELP!! HELP!!

Tom
02-22-2004, 03:49 PM
I don't wanna be a democate anymore.
The silence in my head is killing me.
Besides, this place is rocking lately....fartlings on antoher thread, turds in this one....it is a great time to be alive! :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
02-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Hey Amazin, just hit another Pick 4 buddy boy....

That's 4 of the last 5...today's paid $973 and I had $4 on it....

How did your picks do today???

Speed Figure
02-22-2004, 04:27 PM
PA,

Looks like your getting hot! Nice hit....:cool:

Amazin
02-22-2004, 04:29 PM
PA

You're still in the red.When you get out of the red and into the black,let me know. CJ and Suff still throwing goose eggs.

Tom
02-22-2004, 05:08 PM
And you are still throwing BS.
Learn that from Clinton, did you?
:confused:

cj
02-22-2004, 05:13 PM
PA

You're still in the red.When you get out of the red and into the black,let me know. CJ and Suff still throwing goose eggs.

I won a little over 2 grand today, hopefully that will help me get some sleep tonight!

JustRalph
02-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I don't wanna be a democate anymore.
The silence in my head is killing me.

Classic Tommy!

Congrats PA and Cj......sounds like it was a pretty decent day.

Amazin
02-22-2004, 06:49 PM
CJ quote:"I won a little over 2 grand today, hopefully that will help me get some sleep tonight!"

It certainly wasn't in the PK4 contest.In the last leg of the AQU pk4 you singled a jock named O Beitia who is 1-53. No wonder you still are putting out goose eggs. Where'd you learn that? Let me guess.On this board.

keilan
02-22-2004, 07:00 PM
It's just about time for you to leave. You have absolutely nothing left to say. Same shit day in day out.

Would it have been too much to either shut your mouth on this one or to just say congrats "cj".

I'm biting my tongue on this post but the sooner PA kicks your sorry ass outta here the better.

PaceAdvantage
02-22-2004, 07:02 PM
See, Amazin is just hoping I will kick him off, which he hopes will grant him some sort of martyrdom somewhere (and maybe his own harem with 100 virgins???). This is why he's taunting the likes of CJ, me and Suff, and putting the board down in general.

If he dislikes the board that much, he wouldn't waste anymore of his time here...only a fool or a masochist would continually do something that they don't enjoy...which one is Amazin?

Steve 'StatMan'
02-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Answer:C. Sadist. Thinks we all have to read his stuff and be tortured. Glad I put him on my ignore list a couple of weeks ago. But, I must be one of the masochists! I've caught myself manually clicking to find out what awful thing he said next. Probably will click on his next response to these latest ones as well.

Remember Amazin, it wasn't VS's politics that got her kicked off. It was her personal attacks and hijacking the other threads in the horseracing columns to justify her own personal agendas.

Since you're personal agenda seems to be making people miserable and insult their handicapping and drive them away (but as you said before, hey, this is just a fantasy, so you seem to choose to do this), then perhaps I'd better say goodbye now while I have the chance. Goodbye!

Amazin
02-22-2004, 08:12 PM
If I have spoken lies,then you would be correct in your criticism. But all I do speak the truth and the facts and find that I get condemned just like in the political debates. I am only intersted in the truth and facts. So I have said the facts about PA still being in the red in the PK4 contest. That cj and suff have yet to hit one. That cj singled a 1-53 jock in his Pk4. For that you criticize me? What do you want me to do?Sugarcoat it or change the facts and lie about it? Arent you men enough to admit your shortcomings and face reality ?You certainly will never learn anything in handicapping if you don't admit the truth to yourselves. This self delusion is the basis for compulsive gamblers.

keilan
02-22-2004, 08:19 PM
And you are an idiot -- didn't want to sugarcoat it ya know

Steve 'StatMan'
02-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Nobody wants to hang out at the track with people who throw their losses in their face. You can't expect them to want to do that here either, esp. when they are not even actual live wagers. There are a lot of truths and ways to look at it. And I think Mark Cramer said in one of his books, sometimes the opposite of a profound truth is another profound truth.

Amazin
02-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Is this the group support trip thing for losers?You got something on what I said ain't true,then let me in on it. Enlighten me .I'm all ears.

PaceAdvantage
02-22-2004, 08:47 PM
If I have spoken lies,then you would be correct in your criticism. But all I do speak the truth and the facts and find that I get condemned just like in the political debates. I am only intersted in the truth and facts. So I have said the facts about PA still being in the red in the PK4 contest. That cj and suff have yet to hit one. That cj singled a 1-53 jock in his Pk4. For that you criticize me? What do you want me to do?Sugarcoat it or change the facts and lie about it? Arent you men enough to admit your shortcomings and face reality ?You certainly will never learn anything in handicapping if you don't admit the truth to yourselves. This self delusion is the basis for compulsive gamblers.

Don't kid yourself my man, you've done much, MUCH more than what you just stated. If that's all it was, nobody would give a rats ass.

Why do you care that I am still in the red? Did I ever claim on any thread that I am king of the Pick 4? Why did you feel the need to single me out? Am I selling a Pick 4 method? What was your basis for attacking me? Have I put myself out there as some kind of handicapping guru?? I think not....

Your BS is uncalled for. It's nothing but a flame, because you are indeed a flamer.

Just saying that this board does nothing for you makes you a flamer. WHY ARE YOU HERE if you GET NOTHING OUT OF IT?

ranchwest
02-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Is this the group support trip thing for losers?You got something on what I said ain't true,then let me in on it. Enlighten me .I'm all ears.

Yeah, you're number one. Nurse Cratchit will be by to visit you shortly. You apparently have been off your meds for quite some time.

Tom
02-22-2004, 10:13 PM
I think he types with one hand and "masters" his game with the other one.
I can undrestand dilema though. Being ever truthful yet ever wrong at the same time is frustrating. That and every politcal truth he believes in is crumbling down around him. His hopes for redemption in November keep heading south evertime more and more is revealed about his saviours, and now Darth Nader is back and that can only spell Bush 4more. That's George2U.
HeHeHe+++++++++......ouch.

(From the timing of his meltdown, maybe his is really Howard Dean? Heeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!)

:eek:

Steve 'StatMan'
02-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Nah, he probably razzes Dean on other boards for not winning any primaries.

Amazin
02-22-2004, 10:22 PM
PA

For your recollection,this topic started when Tom asked me this question regarding horseracing in this thread:

What is the ratio of your handicapping/racing posts....

I gave him my honest opinion of why I dont post much in the horseracing part. Then I was attacked for that view, and I tried to stay true to what I said. I didn't start this and I really don't give a damn how good or bad a horseplayer you,cj or suff or anybody is. Once again,my point is not degrading individuals. It is to illustrate that this board (IMO) does not improve your game if you are an experienced player,hence,I don't post much in the horseracing part. A simple statement.My own experience.My own study I haven't heard evidence to the contrary.Just a narrow minded denial accusing me of inflamatory remarks. Why are you so defensive about that? That's not a bad thing. I doubt anybody experienced really expects to improve their R.O.I. when they read this board. And for this simple truth and expressing my own experience,as a result of an observation based on facts, I am cursed,shunned and denounced. Wow.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Better yet, probably razzes Dean on Dean's website about no Primary wins. "What's the matter? I speak the truth?" Yeah, thanks for going out of your way to do it, too.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-22-2004, 10:26 PM
It isn't always what one does - its the way one does it.

PaceAdvantage
02-22-2004, 10:33 PM
PA

For your recollection,this topic started when Tom asked me this question regarding horseracing in this thread:

What is the ratio of your handicapping/racing posts....

I gave him my honest opinion of why I dont post much in the horseracing part. Then I was attacked for that view, and I tried to stay true to what I said. I didn't start this and I really don't give a damn how good or bad a horseplayer you,cj or suff or anybody is. Once again,my point is not degrading individuals. It is to illustrate that this board (IMO) does not improve your game if you are an experienced player,hence,I don't post much in the horseracing part. A simple statement.My own experience.My own study I haven't heard evidence to the contrary.Just a narrow minded denial accusing me of inflamatory remarks. Why are you so defensive about that? That's not a bad thing. I doubt anybody experienced really expects to improve their R.O.I. when they read this board. And for this simple truth and expressing my own experience,as a result of an observation based on facts, I am cursed,shunned and denounced. Wow.

In other words, you're on the fast track to martyrdom..exactly where you want to be! Congrats!

When I hit another Pick4 next week and turn a profit, should I call you?

Amazin
02-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Martyrdom? No. Not interested. Just the facts.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-22-2004, 10:39 PM
You're only interested in finding a fact to throw in someones face.

Amazin
02-22-2004, 10:43 PM
you got something against facts?

Steve 'StatMan'
02-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Just having them shove in my or others faces.

Can you stay out of peoples faces?

PaceAdvantage
02-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Amazin, here's a fact I'd like to know:

Why are you here? You don't have any use for the horse section of the board, that's been established.

If you have no use, why did you come here in the first place? And, after coming here, you found it wasn't useful, why do you stay?

If it's politics you are into, there are certainly more popular political boards on the internet, with a lot more characters to debate than just Lefty or Tom.

How about enlightening me with a few facts as to why you still stick around?

Amazin
02-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Why is anyone here? Entertainment.

PaceAdvantage
02-23-2004, 02:20 AM
Whatever.

cj
02-23-2004, 02:31 AM
Like I told you before Amazin, consult all of my picks that I post before knocking me. I know I've struck a nerve by posting things in the past for which you have no answer, so I understand. How do I know you have no answer? Because you didn't respond, that is how. Funny you missed the $103 horse I had yesterday, and on a trainer/jock combo that is 0 for the meet.
I don't bet jocks and trainers, that is how I get prices.

Anyway, enough of explaining myself to someone who doesn't even play horses. If you ever decide to try, you are still welcome to check out my site. Maybe then you would learn something about me and how I play. Not by some P4 contest, a bet I have placed a total of about $10 on in my entire life!

Suff
02-23-2004, 05:42 AM
Why is anyone here? Entertainment.

whoever, whatvere you are... your terrible.

u need a talk.

PaceAdvantage
02-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Actually Amazin, you are forgetting that I rarely bet all $200 per pick4 contest, plus I missed a week. By my calculations, I'm 10 or 11 bucks in the red....

Amazin
02-23-2004, 11:16 AM
CJ and Suff

Like I said, I don't really care if you guys are good handicappers or not . I brought you two up because you are prominent members of this board and I used your high profile on this board to make a point about this board does not improve an experienced players handicapping ability. This was in response to Tom's question as to why I don't contribute as much to the horseracing section. Don't get so defensive about it. Right now you ARE 0-21 tries in the Pk4.

I realize horseplayers are very egotistical about their horseracing ability and reputation. And I know I've hit a nerve there.

Suff,I'll give you abit of the same advice you gave me about taking my diapers off: Be yourself.Don't worry about what anyone thinks of you. I've seen you when you were hot on the DRF board contests.Then you were smoking at Saratoga.My personal observation about why you and CJ are doing poorly in the PK4 contests is lifestyle. CJ and you have both either relocated or planning to. That's a mental toll and not easy. Affects your handicapping.

That being said,I still have not been impressed with this board's high falutin attitude on handicapping. I,ve seen some good picks in the selection section,but these have been spotty and most are duds. So I'm being honest. You want to knock me for that?That's why I post here more often. More stimulating.

PaceAdvantage
02-23-2004, 12:45 PM
That being said,I still have not been impressed with this board's high falutin attitude on handicapping.

OK, I'll play along...and this always gets me steamed, which is why you probably said it, but I will bite:

Please provide examples of "high falutin attitudes on handicapping" from the BOARD (meaning a collective falutin opinion as a whole!)

One member with a high falutin attitude does NOT compose the attitude of an ENTIRE BOARD. There are maybe one or two active members here that I can think of with so-called "high falutin attitudes on handicapping", but they CERTAINLY DO NOT REPRESENT THE ENTIRE BOARD!! (And you did say BOARD in that quote)

chrisg
02-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
There are maybe one or two active members here that I can think of with so-called "high falutin attitudes on handicapping", but they CERTAINLY DO NOT REPRESENT THE ENTIRE BOARD!! (And you did say BOARD in that quote)

I think that's probably right; but what gets my goat is how one of those guys gets a free pass from most of the posters here. Time after time he gets away w/crap. I don't want to sit here & challenge him on it for 2 reasons-1)this board is very much a clique & if you ain't on the inside, your on the outs wondering what the hell most of the people are talking about...& sometimes it would be nice to know! 2)I don't want to post all the G-Damn time!

I think I've learned three things that have influenced my handicapping since coming to this board, but I'm disappointed because I thought I'd learn more.

PaceAdvantage
02-23-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm real curious as to what people REALLY think.....

Send me an e-mail or private message (this applies to ANYONE, not just ChrisG), and let me know what you think of this board, and what you'd like to see changed if anything.

You can rag on any poster you want (myself included), and whatever is said will remain private, I guarantee that.

Perhaps I am too involved to see clearly at this time what might be wrong (if anything), or who might be stepping over the line.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Suff
02-23-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure where I stand in relation to other members but I get on average 1-10 private correspondence everyday from Pace members.

Usually its 3-4 day. weekends more. I talk to a lot of guys. I used to talk more..last few months less.

I used to post alot of horse anayalsis... that I have'nt done to much of the last 2 months. NOt sure why.

I used to get notes from people saying "You suck"! lol...or You suck at handicapping...

Seriously.

one day about 6 months ago..I browsed into DRF and saw a thread entitled "Sufferindowns" please read... I opened it.

You suck at handicapping!

Thats what it said. I shit you not.

I had one guy send me some text and ask me to post it undre my name.. its was a diatrab on why someone else sucked.

I get PM's about the contest even... telling me so and so is cheating. Really..

Derek2U
02-23-2004, 07:33 PM
i luv U ... if U want me 2 score the remaining P4 contest, then
I say "NO F'N WaY" -- give it 2 Keilan cause He's good at that
stuff. anyways, what U all think of "seX & the City" last night?
me & my babe went 2 one F'D up party. all them uglie bitch
babeS thinkin they had somethin 2 offer .. LOL but the eats were
a++ ...

Tom
02-23-2004, 10:31 PM
1. Fartlings
2. Turds
3. high falutin

Man, these are the golden years!
All I need now is some rootin' tootin'.

This is nirvana.

Larry Hamilton
02-23-2004, 11:00 PM
I couldn't run it better.

ranchwest
02-23-2004, 11:41 PM
This thread is off topic.

PaceAdvantage
02-24-2004, 01:57 AM
I get PM's about the contest even... telling me so and so is cheating. Really..

Gee, I wonder who that could be?

Rick
02-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Derek,

Are you sure that wasn't the Fab Five you were at the party with. You DO live in NYC you know.

Big Bill
02-25-2004, 08:07 AM
ljb,

You posted: "I was away for a while but I heard it on the grapevine that she ran off with Boxcar and they lived happly ever after".

Passed your comment on to Boxcar the other day and his reply to me was: "Feel free to tell my friends over on the PA forum that the reason Vet and I disappeared together is because Vet is my alter ego <g>".

Big Bill

freeneasy
02-29-2004, 08:44 PM
running her mouth and crapp'n all over someone elses board. shes the need to lead, no check that, desperate to lead type ( needs to dominate) and when i came up alongside to prove her, well, one savage led to another and so on till we hit the wire. we, her and myself, got into an ongoing snit for a while and basically i pointed it out that i believed she had an agenda in which she would playing to userp partial control over p.a.'s board. well one shove led to another and the brawl was on. coarse i kicked her ass but since then she never got onto any of my threads and i never got onto any of hers. and if she wants to dance one more time then i say just go ahead and put another nichel in the juke box.