PDA

View Full Version : 60 Minutes

Tom
04-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Interesting tonight.
I watched for the story on Rosie, but at the end, they reported that congress has quietly repealed part of the law that prevented them from capitalizing on insider trading, that would get your or me in a prison cell. Congress was shamed into passing a law to stop it, but has, predictably, back tracked on it.

Terror victims not yet all buried, the economy in the toilet, and who does Congress worry about? Themselves, of course.

The thieving bastards....both parties smell worse than dog poor in the hot sun. Every one of them, not an honest one in the entire group.

When do wake up and forget this left-right fight and realize who the real enemy is? I use the word enemy literally. Al Qeda is secondary to congress.

wiffleball whizz
04-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Interesting tonight.
I watched for the story on Rosie, but at the end, they reported that congress has quietly repealed part of the law that prevented them from capitalizing on insider trading, that would get your or me in a prison cell. Congress was shamed into passing a law to stop it, but has, predictably, back tracked on it.

Terror victims not yet all buried, the economy in the toilet, and who does Congress worry about? Themselves, of course.

The thieving bastards....both parties smell worse than dog poor in the hot sun. Every one of them, not an honest one in the entire group.

When do wake up and forget this left-right fight and realize who the real enemy is? I use the word enemy literally. Al Qeda is secondary to congress.

Well said!!!

thaskalos
04-29-2013, 12:02 AM
It's the old "divide and rule" of Ancient Greece and Rome.

Our "leaders" love to watch us split up and fight among ourselves...as we pin the blame on one political party over another.

The truth is that our two political parties only pretend to be at odds with one another. Behind closed doors...they get together and have a big laugh at our expense.

The joke is on us...

boxcar
04-29-2013, 01:03 PM

Our "leaders" love to watch us split up and fight among ourselves...as we pin the blame on one political party over another.

The truth is that our two political parties only pretend to be at odds with one another. Behind closed doors...they get together and have a big laugh at our expense.

The joke is on us...

Here is another "joke" that would really be funny if it weren't so sad. All during the last presidential I repeatedly maintained this very position with Romney that you and Tom are taking about the political parties. I frequently said (and often took a lot of heat and ridicule for it) that there wasn't a dime's worth of difference between OBummer and Rom. In, fact, this is why I didn't vote for any presidential candidate in this last election. The whole process, to my way of thinking, was a farce. I wasn't going to allow myself to be played in that election.

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
04-29-2013, 01:10 PM

Congressional leaders in both parties are engaged in high-level, confidential talks about exempting lawmakers and Capitol Hill aides from the insurance exchanges they are mandated to join as part of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul, sources in both parties said.

The talks — which involve Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), the Obama administration and other top lawmakers — are extraordinarily sensitive, with both sides acutely aware of the potential for political fallout from giving carve-outs from the hugely controversial law to 535 lawmakers and thousands of their aides. Discussions have stretched out for months, sources said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/obamacare-exemption-lawmakers-aides-90610.html#ixzz2RsEQgmv4

thaskalos
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
We need a revolution.

JustRalph
04-29-2013, 01:29 PM
We need a revolution.

The country isn't smart enough to realize it.

On one side
You can buy off too many with a free phone and 200 bucks in food stamps every month.

On the other side
You can fool them into thinking they are the chosen ones with tax cuts that only apply to the top

Either way you are screwed

Tom
04-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Reid and Boehner - the Twins of Deception.
The heads and tails of a counterfeit coin.

Simple solution - you are in congress, you make NO investments, you have no investments. You want to invest, stay out of government. You want to serve, stay out of the market.

A revolution - yes, we need one now more than ever.

We had the change when the Tea Party movement was chasing all the scumbag congressional people off the streets and into hiding a few years ago, but NOoooooooo, the left was too busy playing politics to do anything constructive.

PhantomOnTour
04-29-2013, 02:24 PM
The country isn't smart enough to realize it.

On one side
You can buy off too many with a free phone and 200 bucks in food stamps every month.

On the other side
You can fool them into thinking they are the chosen ones with tax cuts that only apply to the top

Either way you are screwed
couldn't have said it better myself :ThmbUp:

i've been saying for a long time now that we are ripe for a 3rd major party...BUT...
the two big parties have it pretty good ya' know, and they aren't about to split this pie among three

Robert Fischer
04-29-2013, 02:35 PM

The joke is on us...

The general public seems to think that when we elect a president of a different party, that the conglomerates who happen to rule the world, cede their power... and play musical chairs

sammy the sage
04-29-2013, 09:20 PM
there's a REASON homeland security (brownshirts if you will) needs all THAT ammo and ARMORED vehicles...

pretty damn OBVIOUS now....