PDA

View Full Version : How Far Has New Jersey Racing Fallen????

Shemp Howard
04-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Check out Awesome Event in Tuesday's Race #5 at Atlantic City. Purse $27K

A 9yo maiden with only 2 lifetime starts.

HAsn't raced in almost 5 years.

10/1 ML.

Restricted conditions and this guy actually qualifies.

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2013, 07:56 PM
They outdrew Belmont...by a ton...according to the charts anyway...

All weekend long I might add...

Why do you suppose that is?

(and people criticized me for including an Atlantic City race in the contest... :lol: )

Stillriledup
04-28-2013, 08:02 PM

(and people criticized me for including an Atlantic City race in the contest... :lol: )

Better racing. :D

wiffleball whizz
04-28-2013, 08:02 PM

Think they said 13000 today (where they get there numbers is beyond me) would give anything to see the on track handle....

Ac had a great day today.....people shouldn't be crying about long betting lines that's a great problem to have!!!!!

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2013, 08:08 PM
On track handle was absolutely ABYSMAL....all weekend...

But even if you cut the attendance numbers in half, they still outdrew Belmont.

wiffleball whizz
04-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Should charge admission to weed out the dead wood.....nobody needs loudmouth drunks at the racetrack......

Maybe they should charge $5 admission and give them a $5 voucher and at least make them bet......

And the idiot of the week goes to me for getting my car washed on Tuesday KNOWING I was going to Acrc on Thursday with the dust parking lot

And how much of a primadonna is joe bravo...comes in for the 4th crushes field and doesn't even stay around for the 6th race he's listed to ride!!

davew
04-28-2013, 09:01 PM
did you get to use the

"if I was as old as you, I would kill myself" ?

wiffleball whizz
04-28-2013, 09:28 PM
did you get to use the

"if I was as old as you, I would kill myself" ?

I saw the old moron making faces to his friend as my friend was betting....I was to occupied betting every track on the board!!

thespaah
04-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Think they said 13000 today (where they get there numbers is beyond me) would give anything to see the on track handle....

Ac had a great day today.....people shouldn't be crying about long betting lines that's a great problem to have!!!!!
On track was $214k....All sources was a hair under $700k.
It's a boutique meet.
These type meets do much better with average attendance.

NJ Stinks
04-29-2013, 11:10 PM
On track was $214k....All sources was a hair under $700k.
It's a boutique meet.
These type meets do much better with average attendance.

Still, that's pretty good considering AC only ran 6 races.

thespaah
04-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Still, that's pretty good considering AC only ran 6 races.
Yes..On track it was about 35k per race. All sources, over $100k.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2013, 03:02 AM
Yeah, but if you believe the reported attendance (and who does?) it averages out to something like $16 per person in betting handle... :eek: :lol:

Some_One
04-30-2013, 03:04 AM
How much does the track make when it sells a 10 dollar bottle of beer versus when a horseplayer makes a 10 dollar wager?

wiffleball whizz
04-30-2013, 08:15 AM
I have a bet with my friend I'm laying him 120 to win 70 that today is Acrc biggest all sources handle 4/30 out of the 6 days....lack of tracks racing pretty much gives ac the stage to itself.....also as a sidenote don't bring Keith jones back next year nobody needs him

Saratoga_Mike
04-30-2013, 08:52 AM
I have a bet with my friend I'm laying him 120 to win 70 that today is Acrc biggest all sources handle 4/30 out of the 6 days....lack of tracks racing pretty much gives ac the stage to itself.....also as a sidenote don't bring Keith jones back next year nobody needs him

Churchill should have a big day today. What's your issue with Keith Jones? I actually think he's a decent announcer. Who would you prefer?

PA - you're absolutely right on the attendance - it's radically overstated.

BlueChip@DRF
04-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Check out Awesome Event in Tuesday's Race #5 at Atlantic City. Purse $27K

A 9yo maiden with only 2 lifetime starts.

HAsn't raced in almost 5 years.

10/1 ML.

Restricted conditions and this guy actually qualifies.

Isn't that how they run horses in Europe?

castaway01
04-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Larry lederman should be calling ac......I know it's a tuff for him to do with his condition.....

*****PORTIONS REMOVED******

Anyone who knows Keith Jones knows that is ridiculous. ****PORTIONS REMOVED****

Wiff's post should be deleted because it's slanderous and ridiculous to one (actually, two) of the good guys in racing. I mean, if you want to post about what a clown you are personally, keep doing so, but making up stuff about other people isn't cool.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2013, 10:46 AM

Wiff's post should be deleted because it's slanderous and ridiculous to one (actually, two) of the good guys in racing. I mean, if you want to post about what a clown you are personally, keep doing so, but making up stuff about other people isn't cool.Agreed....

Saratoga_Mike
04-30-2013, 10:49 AM
good call

NJ Stinks
04-30-2013, 07:03 PM
PA - you're absolutely right on the attendance - it's radically overstated.

Haven't been there this year but when I went in the past during the 6 day meet I was amazed at the number of kids in the house. The place was indeed packed. But lots of non-horseplayers.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2013, 08:50 PM
I know someone who went this weekend and "radically overstated" might be an overstatement in and of itself...

Rise Over Run
04-30-2013, 09:21 PM
I know someone who went this weekend and "radically overstated" might be an overstatement in and of itself...
They don't charge for parking or admission and don't have any type of turnstile system to count patrons. How the heck are they reporting attendance figures? This is the same group of clowns that run Parx and they don't report attendance there, ever.

I was at ACRC on opening day from race 3-6, it was a nice crowd but no way was there 4,000 people in attendance. My opinion is 2,000, maximum of 2,500. The attendance figures they reported for the weekend card are even more ridiculous. All you have to do is compare the attendance to the on-track handle to realize they are bogus. It's not like you can even argue that a lot of people came to the track to sit around, picnic, and have a nice time..... There is none of those options at this track, it's all freakin concrete with no tables or areas to grill.

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2013, 09:30 PM
So you're saying everyone there is betting their lungs out?

Rise Over Run
04-30-2013, 09:39 PM
With reasonable (I would refer to them as more accurate) attendance figures looking at $50-60 per patron. Hardly "betting their lungs out".

I'm not saying that nobody showed up at the track. In fact, I was shocked at how many people were in attendance on opening day. However, there is absolutely no way there was 4,000 people there.

Robert Goren
04-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Why would they lie? Not saying they aren't, just wondering why.

Rise Over Run
05-01-2013, 07:21 PM
My wife might argue, but I don't think that I'm dumb enough to be a race track exec, so I wouldn't know why. :lol:

wiffleball whizz
05-03-2013, 09:07 PM

Wiff's post should be deleted because it's slanderous and ridiculous to one (actually, two) of the good guys in racing. I mean, if you want to post about what a clown you are personally, keep doing so, but making up stuff about other people isn't cool.

Now that I actually just read this what was slanderous and ridiculous about my post and 1 or 2 people? I'm just curious?

There's 54 page threads burying the Tampa announcer and pretty much trying to get him fired......

And if u think I'm trying to make stuff up and be cool u don't know me.....everything I stated is fact and I would like to know what I said that got deleted?

wiffleball whizz
05-03-2013, 09:10 PM

13000 people on Sunday was not radically overrated......the 2nd floor was jammed u couldn't move or get a seat and the apron was packed like sardines.....

wiffleball whizz
05-04-2013, 04:19 AM

Good question....many people on this board and other ones I've heard is greenwood racing/parxxxxx doesn't want to promote racing and wants it to go away...if that was the case why would they lie about attendence if anything they would make the numbers smaller to show lack of interest and strengthen the theory of shutting it down....

wiffleball whizz
05-04-2013, 04:24 AM

Robert I see your from Lincoln Nebraska.....u must hate the hawkeyes....anyway I believe they have a small meet at Lincoln do they get a huge turnout for there small meet curious to know

Robert Goren
05-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Robert I see your from Lincoln Nebraska.....u must hate the hawkeyes....anyway I believe they have a small meet at Lincoln do they get a huge turnout for there small meet curious to knowThey ran a small meet in Lincoln forever, but last year was the last year for a while. The owner of the land (UNL)decided to do something else with it. I think the best crowd they have had in recent years was about 5,000. They were averaging around 3,000. They hope to build a new track, but funding is not yet in place. I have my doubt that it ever will be.
As for the hating the hawkeyes, we are working on it. For reasons too complicated to explain, it appears that the badgers are going to become the new most hated team here. This big 10 thing still kind of new for us. We are just getting over hating the sooners, the longhorns and the buffaloes.

wiffleball whizz
05-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Yeah I'm kind of getting the vibe Nebraska and wisky are staring to not like each other....wisky had them by the balls last year and big red came storming back late.....little disappointed how they had Georgia down but couldn't put them away in the citrus bowl....I think that who they played

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Now that I actually just read this what was slanderous and ridiculous about my post and 1 or 2 people? I'm just curious?

There's 54 page threads burying the Tampa announcer and pretty much trying to get him fired......

And if u think I'm trying to make stuff up and be cool u don't know me.....everything I stated is fact and I would like to know what I said that got deleted?The difference between what you wrote and the Tampa thread is that the Tampa thread contained OPINIONS. You are stating unverified FACT.

Why I need to explain this to you is beyond me.

Like you say yourself, we don't know you (more importantly, *I* don't know you, and I'm on the hook for things stated as fact on this board). Nobody knows you from Adam, so we have no idea if the unflattering things you are claiming to be FACT are ACTUAL FACT.

That's why it gets deleted.

wiffleball whizz
05-04-2013, 06:30 PM
The difference between what you wrote and the Tampa thread is that the Tampa thread contained OPINIONS. You are stating unverified FACT.

Why I need to explain this to you is beyond me.

Like you say yourself, we don't know you (more importantly, *I* don't know you, and I'm on the hook for things stated as fact on this board). Nobody knows you from Adam, so we have no idea if the unflattering things you are claiming to be FACT are ACTUAL FACT.

That's why it gets deleted.

Fair enough pace.....your the boss