PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SAT. 04/27

MeSlew
04-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Hello All! For Saturday 4/27/2013 we have a very full listing from Slew.

Belmont - 1,3,4,5,7,8,9
Hollywood - 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Churchill - 1,4,8,10,11
Tampa - 3,6,10
Woodbine - 2,3,4,8
Pimlico - 4,5,7,8,9
Calder - 5,9,10,11,12
Atlantic City - 1,3,4,6

Few legacies of any species are as far reaching as the one Storm Cat left for us. Arguments will abound as to whether he advanced the breed or not.
But no argument can be made that he didn't leave his mark. His name will be in your past performances for the rest of your lifetime.

He has earned his rest.

We now welcome Churchill Downs and Woodbine into the fold as we march towards the triple crown season.

For Saturday, we have a Key Horse running at Woodbine.

Upgrade - WO ( 8) GP 02/01/13 # 5

I do not have the PP's for this race nor will I have an opportunity to look at them. This horse came to the list via the race at Gulfstream Park on 2/1/2013. My blog entry on that race follows: February 1, 2013 Race 5 - An Allowance Optional Claiming with a tag of $100K and a purse of $65K, this race was won by Barclay Tagg's Beau Choix
(Saez) from off a fast pace. This one went on to run 3rd with Castellano up behind the accomplished Data Link on Feb. 23rd in the Grade III Canadian
Turf. Upgrade ridden by Johnny V. and trained by Michelle Nihei may have needed this one just a bit. Look for him in his next start, especially if
Michelle hikes the class ladder to a soft Grade 3. Conversely, Decisive Moment (Arias/Trujillo), the enterprising pace setter who cut impressive
fractions on the lead will need a drop to softer company. He was 14-1 in this affair, but won't be half that in his next start if the others are less
than stellar.

Beau Choix (Elusive Quality - Belle Cherie, by Belong to Me)
Data Link (War Front - Database, by Known Fact)
Upgrade ( Saint Liam - Emily Ring, by Fit to Fight)
Decisive Moment (With Distinction - Lady Samira, by Dehere)
In fact, Upgrade's next start was at Keeneland in an AOC worth 68K in which he won as the favorite. So here comes the class hike. Except this is an ungraded stake worth 150K.
All the horses noted above have run well since 2/1. Beau Choix ran a place and show in two consecutive Gr.III races. Decisive Moment ran a place in another AOC before
being outclassed in the Appleton Stakes Gr. III, and Data Link's next race on 4/12 was a place behind non other than Wise Dan in the Gr. I Makers 46 Mile.

Unfortunately, I will not be a participant in the racing festivities but no doubt, you will. So...

Enjoy the Saturday racing...good luck and good 'capping!