PDA

View Full Version : Sulfolk Downs ends 2.20

lamboguy
04-25-2013, 06:56 PM
after betting on and against bridgejumped horses in New England, the Massachusetts legislature has now lowered the minimum payoff to 2.10 the same as New York did 40 years ago.

in the last few years i had been seeing plenty of mistakes betting those minus pools at Sulfolk because the show bettors liked the additional 5%.

Robert Fischer
04-25-2013, 07:04 PM
That was my only play at Suffolk.

I was planning to expand to a regular comprehensive style, and may do so eventually, but at least in the short term, cross them off my list.

BombsAway Bob
04-25-2013, 07:22 PM
after betting on and against bridgejumped horses in New England, the Massachusetts legislature has now lowered the minimum payoff to 2.10 the same as New York did 40 years ago.

in the last few years i had been seeing plenty of mistakes betting those minus pools at Suffolk because the show bettors liked the additional 5%.
Now, if they could at least lower the 26% Exacta/DD takeout....

lamboguy
04-25-2013, 07:49 PM
i know that they are only opening on June 1, but so far they have only 150 horses on the grounds in E. Boston.

the largest trainer is now in Monmouth, Marcus Vitali. another trainer died. a few other's retired. i don't thing that lowering the minimum payoff will inspire than many new guys to show up there for the summer.

BombsAway Bob
04-25-2013, 09:28 PM
i know that they are only opening on June 1, but so far they have only 150 horses on the grounds in E. Boston.

the largest trainer is now in Monmouth, Marcus Vitali. another trainer died. a few other's retired. i don't thing that lowering the minimum payoff will inspire than many new guys to show up there for the summer.
Who died/retired? i have been wondering when my neighbor
Charlie Assimakopoulos might call it a career. His son John is
named as a trainer once in a while, but don't know his situation.

Stillriledup
04-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Now, if they could at least lower the 26% Exacta/DD takeout....

Exactly.

lamboguy
04-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Who died/retired? i have been wondering when my neighbor
Charlie Assimakopoulos might call it a career. His son John is
named as a trainer once in a while, but don't know his situation.Frank Shannon passed away this year, and Thornton retired