PDA

View Full Version : ASD TRACK CHATTER

Jay Trotter
04-25-2013, 03:55 PM
LIVE RACING BEGINS SUNDAY, MAY 5th

WELCOME TO THE
6th ANNUAL
http://images.theracingjournal.com/LARGE_ASD_logobanner_new_logo_web.jpg (http://www.gapfire.com/index2.htm)
PARLAY CHALLENGE

Question about ASD
Questions about the Contest
This is the place to post what's on your mind

Ask a specific question from one of our ASD hosts
Mr. Rob McLennan (maclr11)

cordep17
05-01-2013, 02:57 PM
The sticky was posted about a week ago, and it says that the competition starts on May 17, but this thread says May 5. Which is right? I noticed that the other says 2012, but since you only posted it a few days ago, I'm not sure.

Red Knave
05-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Live racing starts at ASD on the 5th. The contest starts the 17th.

lamboguy
05-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Live racing starts at ASD on the 5th. The contest starts the 17th.the 5th is not soon enough for me!

Jay Trotter
05-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Red Knave has it right. Live racing begins Sunday, May 5th and the contest will kick off on the 17th. Track Collector will be posting the rules shortly.

Jay Trotter
05-04-2013, 03:50 PM
CONGRATS TO PA's VERY OWN
ROB MacLENNAN (maclr11)

After 25 years as the Assiniboia Downs race announcer, ASD CEO Darren Dunn is stepping aside and handing the mic to Paddock Host Kirt Contois so he can focus on the administration of the track. Moving into the role of Paddock Host is Rob MacLennan (maclr11) who assisted Kirt admirably last season.

Good luck Rob :ThmbUp:

maclr11
05-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks guys I'm really excited for tomorrow
Contest should be interesting they are anticipTing the best meet in 10 years

johnhannibalsmith
05-05-2013, 01:21 AM
...Moving into the role of Paddock Host is Rob MacLennan (maclr11) who assisted Kirt admirably last season.

Good luck Rob :ThmbUp:

Hey hey hey! Alright!

Now I have another reason to watch ASD all summer other than envisioning the big fella tearing up his form when Reeves or Singh runs over whoever he ends up dragging up north this year!!! :D

Tell Mikey to stay warm in his shorts this time of year!

maclr11
05-05-2013, 11:03 AM
No Reeves or Singh this year
But whenever Nolan, Morales or Swinotek gets beat it could get ugly haha
Opening day today super excited a couple of turf paradise horses
BC Cat, Mixed Intent, Cee's Treasure, Freaky, Mega Precious, Unbridled Thoughts

johnhannibalsmith
05-05-2013, 11:38 AM
...BC Cat, Mixed Intent, Cee's Treasure, Freaky, Mega Precious, Unbridled Thoughts

Freaky has to be the cinch of the day in that spot... opening day crowd, a few fairly open races with short fields to lead in the early pick three... May have to remember to tune in to make imaginary wagers!

Have fun!!

ndsc32
05-05-2013, 11:45 AM
If you only specify part of the entry, and THAT part ends up scratching out, scoring will be as follows:
-- If the remaining portion of the entry ends up meeting your parlay condition, you will be credited with a successful parlay.
-- If the remaining portion of the entry does not end up meeting your parlay condition, your selection will be scored as "no-action".

I have a question about the rules pertaining to entries. If I am reading the above right, I pick and entry and only list #1 as my pick, (1A is the other half),
are you saying that if the 1 is scratched and the 1A wins, I get credit, but if the 1A loses, it's called no action? If that is the case, It pays to simply list one horse from an entry rather than both. I must be reading this wrong so I would appreciate an explanation. Thanks.

maclr11
05-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Haha yea freaky looks awfully tough
I think the late p3,4 could possibly pay though
Lots of glitz glamour and tits on today's card

johnhannibalsmith
05-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Two races, two half-head losses for team Flacco. Someone go check on him for me. :D

Track Collector
05-05-2013, 03:25 PM
If you only specify part of the entry, and THAT part ends up scratching out, scoring will be as follows:
-- If the remaining portion of the entry ends up meeting your parlay condition, you will be credited with a successful parlay.
-- If the remaining portion of the entry does not end up meeting your parlay condition, your selection will be scored as "no-action".

I have a question about the rules pertaining to entries. If I am reading the above right, I pick and entry and only list #1 as my pick, (1A is the other half),
are you saying that if the 1 is scratched and the 1A wins, I get credit, but if the 1A loses, it's called no action? If that is the case, It pays to simply list one horse from an entry rather than both. I must be reading this wrong so I would appreciate an explanation. Thanks.

This rule is unchanged from the previous year, and "the intent" is to protect the player from a late scratch. At the same time, your are correct that a player could manipulate a selection to get in essence a risk-free play. Should it become evident that a player was doing this, the the contest administrators could take appropriate action.

Or, if Jay thinks it is a better option, we could go ahead and change the rule now to eliminate credit for the portion of the entry one does not specify.

Chris

johnhannibalsmith
05-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Kudos to Mac for taking a stand against Unbridled Thoughts at 3-5 just now. Obviously has the TuP advantage, but couldn't beat my crummy AZ homebred off a year layoff last time - may win this one, but surely shouldn't be odds-on off that effort regardless of fitness advantage.

ndsc32
05-05-2013, 04:02 PM
This rule is unchanged from the previous year, and "the intent" is to protect the player from a late scratch. At the same time, your are correct that a player could manipulate a selection to get in essence a risk-free play. Should it become evident that a player was doing this, the the contest administrators could take appropriate action.

Or, if Jay thinks it is a better option, we could go ahead and change the rule now to eliminate credit for the portion of the entry one does not specify.

Chris

Think you are better to change the rule now. A simple statement that if you only name one horse in an entry and that horse is scratched, you have no bet.
Just my opinion. Thanks.

cordep17
05-14-2013, 05:08 PM

Chris

Why should we specify one horse of a coupled entry? If you specify the 1, and he finishes second behind the 1a, how could you determine the place payoff? As a coupled entry, you can't get different odds if you only pick one of them. The odds reflect them as a group, so you are missing out if you can't pick them together. It says in the rules that a bet can be cancelled untill post time, so someone who picks a coupled entry can always pull out of that bet pre race.

Track Collector
05-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Why should we specify one horse of a coupled entry? If you specify the 1, and he finishes second behind the 1a, how could you determine the place payoff? As a coupled entry, you can't get different odds if you only pick one of them. The odds reflect them as a group, so you are missing out if you can't pick them together. It says in the rules that a bet can be cancelled untill post time, so someone who picks a coupled entry can always pull out of that bet pre race.

Hello cordep17,

Glad to see you have signed up for one of PACS contests!

While it is desirable to have contests mirror real-life betting as much as possible, sometimes allowances are made to encourage greater participation. One of those allowances is that MANY participants are not able to follow along in real time, due to other important commitments like their job, etc. Thus, changing or cancelling their selection at the last moment may not be an option for them.

While in this contest you are allowed to choose only one part of the entry, the payouts are still based on the wagering activity of the entire entry, just like at the track.

Chris

ndsc32
05-15-2013, 11:31 AM
While in this contest you are allowed to choose only one part of the entry, the payouts are still based on the wagering activity of the entire entry, just like at the track.

TC-regarding above, at the track, if you pick the entry, and one is scratched and the other loses, you DON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Your rules are not the same as that. They should be changed.

Track Collector
05-15-2013, 02:30 PM

TC-regarding above, at the track, if you pick the entry, and one is scratched and the other loses, you DON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Your rules are not the same as that. They should be changed.

Yes, the contest rules do not mirror what is done at the track, and I recognize you would prefer that we change the contest rule. Maybe for next year, but one is only risking trouble when rules are changed once a significant number of people have already "acknowledged" them. In addition, it should be Jay's decision given that he was involved with this contest in the years before it was run on the PaceAdvantage website.

I believe your real concern with the existing rule is that under certain conditions, a player could structure their selection in such a manner as to achieve a "risk-free" play. You may not be aware of it, but EVERY selection a player makes is captured in their wagering history. When a scratch occurs, it is noted and included in original selection record. Thus, it would be relatively easy to spot when a player was trying to employ this strategy, which would be dealt with accordingly.

ndsc32
05-15-2013, 07:17 PM
TC-

I understand what you are saying and agree that it is a little too late to make changes to the rules. Sure, there will be some that use this rule to their advantage, but there will be those who truly only like one horse in an entry and will only name that horse. Yet if they do so constantly, there is the possibility that they will be accused of cheating. Now that would not be fair IMO.

Now that I think of it, I don't think any bets have been listed yet so changes to the rules would not affect anything. But.........it's your show and I will naturally abide by your decision. Good luck in the contest.

Track Collector
06-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Hello everyone,

Just two reminders:

(1) Remember to list multiple plays on the same day by listed Post Time order.
(2) When modifying an existing play, the safest way is to use the QUOTE option. By doing do, your original posting will remain visible, and a new posting can be used to indicate your changes or any comments. Should any questions come up, your original posting can then be viewed if necessary. When you choose instead to use the EDIT option, one will notice two different timestamps, one associated with the original posting and another one associated with when that post was edited. Both timestamps need to meet the 1 minute or more before the race off time requirement. In addition, there is NO audit trail to verify what the post looked like before the edit, which can lead to unintended consequences.

Example:
-- At 3 minutes until Post Time you post a selection to Win.
-- The horse wins and the payout is $40 for a two-dollar ticket.
-- In your excitement you notice you can still edit your original posting, so you do so with a comment like "Look at that payout! Jockey Smith is the best at getting the most out of longshots".

What your original posting will show is an "edited" timestamp AFTER the race went off, thus you have made your play invalid and will lose credit for correctly predicting the outcome.

Why do you lose credit? It is because an EDITED post has no audit trail, so we have no way of knowing what the post looked like before you edited it. Even though you may honestly tell us what was changed, contest integrity remains the highest when we work only with what we see, and not what we are told.

In making any modification, the lesson is..........it is always safer to use the QUOTE option, and only use the EDIT option if you fully understand what you are doing. :)

Chris

Track Collector
06-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Hello everyone,

Since this was asked via private message, I thought it would be a good idea to share here for all.

At the conclusion of the final contest day (07/01), scoring will be as follows:
-- Anyone who ends with an "in-play" amount great than $5.00 (even if it is based on less than 3 successful consecutive plays) will have that amount (minus $5) added to their existing bank amount. This will be done automatically for you, so you do not have to advise the scorer to "bank it".
-- For those who lose their very last contest selection, their bank amount will not require any additional adjustments, as the listed amount will already reflect the take away of $5.00 which was used to start the contest.

NOTE: The reason everyone ends up having $5.00 deducted from their existing bank is because everyone is given $5.00 to start the contest.

Chris

Aner
06-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Hey Track Collector,

If this is your first trip to Prineville, you are in for a treat. Before my wife became to ill to travel, we hit Prineville many times. We would start at Grant's Pass around the 4th of July and then move on to Prn for their 4 day meet. We even attended before the Daily Racing Form even recognized the track.

You will probably be coming in from the Bend and Redmond side. After driving about 20 miles through high dessert dried out cactus, you will come to a bluff and look down on a green oasis with a meandering stream the runs through the heart of Prineville - one of the nicest views in all of Oregon. We stayed at the Best Western at the edge of town (nice and inexpensive). There is a real neat jogging trail near the motel following Ochoco Creek all the way to the other edge of town. Be sure to check out the Fireman's memorial groove.

Since the racing is at night the temperature is tolerable, but for the early races the tin roofed stadium is like a sauna bath. The bleachers have no back rests so I would recommend bringing a stadium seat for your comfort. I think the minimum bet is still $3. That leads to some interesting payouts. Since most people in that area are relatively poor and the races only come to town once a year, exotic bets pay much less than normal using favorites and much more than usual if you can stick in a long-shot. Most likely some of the exotics will pay with no one having all of the horses - even DD's sometimes pay when getting only one right. Sometimes only one bettor takes down the whole pot.

Have a great time. Great town.

Track Collector
06-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Hey Track Collector,

If this is your first trip to Prineville, you are in for a treat. Before my wife became to ill to travel, we hit Prineville many times. We would start at Grant's Pass around the 4th of July and then move on to Prn for their 4 day meet. We even attended before the Daily Racing Form even recognized the track.

You will probably be coming in from the Bend and Redmond side. After driving about 20 miles through high dessert dried out cactus, you will come to a bluff and look down on a green oasis with a meandering stream the runs through the heart of Prineville - one of the nicest views in all of Oregon. We stayed at the Best Western at the edge of town (nice and inexpensive). There is a real neat jogging trail near the motel following Ochoco Creek all the way to the other edge of town. Be sure to check out the Fireman's memorial groove.

Since the racing is at night the temperature is tolerable, but for the early races the tin roofed stadium is like a sauna bath. The bleachers have no back rests so I would recommend bringing a stadium seat for your comfort. I think the minimum bet is still $3. That leads to some interesting payouts. Since most people in that area are relatively poor and the races only come to town once a year, exotic bets pay much less than normal using favorites and much more than usual if you can stick in a long-shot. Most likely some of the exotics will pay with no one having all of the horses - even DD's sometimes pay when getting only one right. Sometimes only one bettor takes down the whole pot.

Have a great time. Great town.

My apologies to everyone for the thread drift.

Hi Aner,

This will be my 4th visit to Prineville, and they are my current "most favorite" track to visit. Yes, they still have the $3 minimum wagers and listed payouts.

Thanks for the touring tips. Another common stop is the OTB within Lava (Bowling) Lanes in Bend. Like all Oregon OTB sites, they have that annoying 5% betting surcharge on ALL wagers. They also do not allow phone/internet wagering, so one just has to work around that. :)

Late Summer I plan to attend the races in Burns, OR. After that, all the OR tracks will have been "collected".

Best of luck for the balance of the AsD Parlay contest. At this very moment, you are "in-effect" the leader that we are all chasing!

Chris

ndsc32
06-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Chris, I have been trying to put in an entry parley for 6/26 and I get a message that my IP address has been banned by the administrators. What gives?

ndsc32

cj
06-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Chris, I have been trying to put in an entry parley for 6/26 and I get a message that my IP address has been banned by the administrators. What gives?

ndsc32

But you can post this? Makes no sense to me.

Track Collector
06-26-2013, 03:50 PM

ndsc32

NOTE: This is for everyone, as I have already responded to ndsc32 privately.

I have experienced this myself from time to time. It must be one of those system quirks that mysteriously come, and then go. If one can not get on after a while, I would contact Mike (PaceAdvantage).

If at any time folks can not post selections in the designated thread, you are welcome to send them to me by either private message or e-mail.

Chris

cj
06-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone,

Since this was asked via private message, I thought it would be a good idea to share here for all.

At the conclusion of the final contest day (07/01), scoring will be as follows:
-- Anyone who ends with an "in-play" amount great than $5.00 (even if it is based on less than 3 successful consecutive plays) will have that amount (minus $5) added to their existing bank amount. This will be done automatically for you, so you do not have to advise the scorer to "bank it".
-- Anyone who ends with an "in-play" amount of $5.00 will have $5.00 deducted from their existing bank amount.

NOTE: The reason everyone ends up having $5.00 deducted from their existing bank is because everyone is given $5.00 to start the contest.

Chris

Just my opinion on his, and I'm certainly not asking for a rule change, just for this to be considered in future contests. This is a parlay challenge. You should not be able to bank money that was not earned by meeting the minimum rules of the parlay. It will just encourage hitting one big winner and not playing at the end. If you need to have three wins for a parlay, there is ample time and opportunity to hit them unless you lose the first bet of the last day.

I'd like to hear others thoughts on this.

cj
06-28-2013, 03:17 PM
-- Anyone who ends with an "in-play" amount of $5.00 will have $5.00 deducted from their existing bank amount.

Chris

I'm also a little confused here. Didn't we pay back the $5 the first time we banked, just as we pay it back every time we bank? It would seem an unfair deduction to those with an in play amount of 5.

Obviously those with an in play amount >5 should have the 5 deducted since they are in effect banking.

LAP_520
06-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Parlay (gambling)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A parlay or accumulator is a single bet that links together two or more individual wagers (http:///wiki/Gambling) and is dependent on all of those wagers winning together.

Earlier in this contest, I used the words "Bank It" when in fact I did not have the minimum parlay wages won...... therefore denied.

This is something that needs to be addressed in this contest.

For the FINAL DAY of wagering........
Maybe have the rule read " a minimum of the original parlay wages must be won (IE - 3 ) with a hold over to continue possibly wagering ~ then if that condition is met, the money in play would be added to bankroll." Then the Parlay contest would be dealt with though out the contest.

NO disrespect intended to any players....... just my thoughts.

cj
06-28-2013, 03:32 PM
My point on banking amounts without three wins is you are going to turn this very long contest into a one day crapshoot where somebody only needs to get lucky on one race.

The last day, everybody is just betting $5 on longshots, and if somebody hits, they could win the whole contest via a loophole.

Track Collector
06-28-2013, 06:38 PM
My point on banking amounts without three wins is you are going to turn this very long contest into a one day crapshoot where somebody only needs to get lucky on one race.

The last day, everybody is just betting $5 on longshots, and if somebody hits, they could win the whole contest via a loophole.

I understand your concerns cj, and for me too it does seem inconsistent to allow a bank condition on the last day that is not allowed on most other days.

The explanation in this thread that I made a few posts earlier was my understanding from Jay of how the contest was run for all those years prior to Jay bringing it over to the PaceAdvantage forum.

cj
06-28-2013, 07:53 PM
I understand your concerns cj, and for me too it does seem inconsistent to allow a bank condition on the last day that is not allowed on most other days.

The explanation in this thread that I made a few posts earlier was my understanding from Jay of how the contest was run for all those years prior to Jay bringing it over to the PaceAdvantage forum.

I understand, curious to see what he thinks. To my mind you should not be allowed to bank without the required 3 wins, and if you lose your first play on the last day, you are done.

What about the $5 deduction at the end question?

Track Collector
06-28-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm also a little confused here. Didn't we pay back the $5 the first time we banked, just as we pay it back every time we bank? It would seem an unfair deduction to those with an in play amount of 5.

Obviously those with an in play amount >5 should have the 5 deducted since they are in effect banking.

Hi cj,

I see where the confusion comes from, and I have edited the original posting with what I hope is more accurate wording.

Maybe this will make it easier to understand:
--- Everyone is given $5 to make their very first selection in the contest.
--- The start of each subsequent new parlay requires $5. It comes either as a deduction from the most recently banked parlay, or as a new subtraction from one's bank.
--- At the end of the contest, my excel file template is set up to score the very last selection AS IF THERE WERE ANOTHER UPCOMING NEW PARLAY. This means that the $5 deductions occur in the manner described by the red text above. Although at the conclusion of the contest there are no new parlays being started, the $5 deductions for each player are allowed to remain in effect as payback for the original $5 given to start the contest.

Perhaps in my original explanation I gave the false impression that folks who loose their very last contest selection (i.e. Show $5.00 in-play), would have an additional $5 deduction, which I believe was the basis of your concern.

Chris

cj
06-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Yep, that explains it, thanks.

Jay Trotter
06-28-2013, 08:57 PM
My first thought is...................the end of the contest is not the time to start discussing the rules as they presently exist. This contest has evolved a fair bit and is probably one of the more strategic contests we run. Players are always asked to contribute their thoughts on improving the various contests. (just not now)

This year the scoring is very low which does allow someone to make a big hit on the last day and catch a money spot. That speaks more to the lack of someone putting the field away. The original thinking was to keep players engaged right until the end.

For those not paying attention Aner is currently holding a power position at the moment. He's sitting on a single big play but he put himself in position to to that because he's got in his ASD plays and his overall minimum plays. If the leaders were a bit further ahead (as they usually have been) no big score would be catching them.

Will we change the rule for next year ... I would say "likely" because of the "Parlay" comment by LAP. That makes sense and would be a good improvement.

Trotter :ThmbUp:

cj
06-29-2013, 01:42 AM
My first thought is...................the end of the contest is not the time to start discussing the rules as they presently exist.
Trotter :ThmbUp:

I thought I made it abundantly clear this was for future contests, not this one. But you can't discuss rules and situations you don't foresee until they actually happen. I just find it a little silly somebody can win a parlay contest without actually hitting a parlay.

maddog42
06-29-2013, 08:45 AM
The july 1st post time for asd is 1.30. I missed an earlier Monday post time
myself and didn't want anyone to screw up and not qualify.

maddog42
06-29-2013, 08:51 AM
I just find it a little silly somebody can win a parlay contest without actually hitting a parlay.

Silly? Try crazy. I am new to this contest, and I really shouldn't be too critical,
since I have hit fewer parlays (one) and have a lower "hit" percentage than anyone in the top 10. Cj does have a very good point.

maddog42
06-29-2013, 09:03 AM

I am starting to sound like CJ's yes man. When you're right, you're right.

Let it also be known that it would be unfair to Aner and others (and myself)
to change the rules "in midstream". Cj also clearly stated that the rules should be changed after the contest is over.

Track Collector
06-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

Please be advised that due to a scoring error on my part, Jay Trotter's current position on the 06/29 Standings Sheet is grossly incorrect.

His in-play amount starting Sunday's play is $244.00, which makes him a significant contender to WIN the contest, or at least finish in the top 3.

I have posted a comment in the results thread, but have placed it here also to improve the chances it is seen.

Chris

Track Collector
06-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Hello everyone,

The final contest day has arrived! A number of players still have reasonable shots at an upper level prize.

Please be advised that a few players still need some races to make the 20-required selections as AsD, and thus be eligible for all prizes and awards.

Assiniboia Downs has a post time of 1:30 p.m. local time for their 1st race on Monday.

Good luck and skill to ALL!

Chris

cj
06-30-2013, 11:29 PM
Doesn't end until the last TB race of the night, correct?

Track Collector
07-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Doesn't end until the last TB race of the night, correct?

Correct.

The contest DOES NOT end immediately after the AsD races, but continues thru the entire day.

maddog42
07-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Before I turn into a sore loser and swell up like a sullen toad: Congratulations
to all who particpated and especially to those who officiated, sponsored and did all the nasty bookkeeping (track collector).

Thanks a lot gang.

maddog42
07-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I stay up nights thinking of devious ways to increase the work load of people calculating the banks of people in these contests. One of my most sinister ideas that might appeal to people unhappy with the current rules of banking the entire amount(on the last day) without doing a 3 race parlay: Impose some sort of penalty for those not completing the 3 race parlay but still encourage people to keep betting after the first loss of the day. 25%? 50%?
Just another idea. This would encourage people to complete the parlay instead of sitting on it.

Aner
07-02-2013, 09:38 AM
I see my tactic of sitting on a big nest egg for weeks with only one leg of the parlay in has been the impetus of a lot of rule change discussion. For the record, I would be happy to see a rule change requiring a 3 horse parlay to bank at any time. My original intent was to wait for the final week and decide then how to proceed.

I ended up on a trip to the east for the last week without access to any computer. My flight from Boston to Oakland arrived at 11:30 PM last night so I couldn't make a bet had I wanted to. Probably a good thing for me because I like to bet and my hit rate is low. Just read the final day picks and comments. Talk about pressure and excitement - it doesn't get better than that. It was a dog fight to the end. Congratulations Eddy1.

maddog42
07-02-2013, 10:11 AM
I see my tactic of sitting on a big nest egg for weeks with only one leg of the parlay in has been the impetus of a lot of rule change discussion.

Everything you did was within the rules of the contest. I probably would have done the same thing in your position. Too bad about the travel knocking you out of bets. You had a tactical advantage. Good luck.

notoutofpounds
07-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Maidens ! Get your Maidens here !

Five of eight races are Maiden Claimers on Friday July 12, 2013.

Smart Promotion punched his Manitoba Derby ticket last night.

woodtoo
07-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Smart Promotion punched his Manitoba Derby ticket last night.

That was one Smart Strike in my book :D Nice local debut.

woodtoo
07-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Oh by the way did you key him in the pick 4?:p

notoutofpounds
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Oh by the way did you key him in the pick 4?:p

I had to key him, as Jon Q is suffering from that dreaded equine malady Seconditis.

maclr11
07-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Smart Promotion may not be the Derby horse to fear
Rumor has it Broadway Empire will be nominated for the Manitoba Derby

notoutofpounds
07-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Broadway Empire looks a lot better than his stable mate.

I figure that Stormin Monarcho will be returning for the Derby. He has been working out at Canterbury and runs good fresh.

The locals seem many lengths back of these two horses.

maclr11
07-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Stormin Monarcho will be here Wednesday night for the Harry Jeffrey.
Nominations are on the ASD website
Agent Scully is an interesting nomination as she might be very competitive in our weak 3 year old colt crop.

notoutofpounds
07-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Anyone doing the Downs tonight ?

Conclave is in for $3500 and there should be at least a couple claims entered.

In the $50,000 RC Anderson I give the nod to :1: Key to Glory. She has been chasing the top 3 year old filly here in her last two races. JR up ML 2-1.

maclr11
07-13-2013, 04:43 PM
As always I'm there
Conclave is scratched, he shouldnt be claimed, he has a long list of problems
But the chuckwagons would have wanted him for sure, three scratches in that race

A Key to Glory looks like the one to beat in the Anderson

notoutofpounds
07-13-2013, 05:07 PM
I just read your Manitoba Derby Day preview and it was really informative. Keep up the good work !