PDA

View Full Version : Jealous, Ricardo E. Legall.

Stillriledup
04-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Jealous, a 4 year old filly, received a trainer change to someone named Ricardo E Legall, who i've never heard of. The horse had 6 lifetime starts heading into closing day at The Big A and 5 of those 6 the horse couldnt run a step at a million to one odds. One time she had an even 3rd with a slow Beyer fig.

She got bet off the board, and went off at 9-2 after never having taken one red cent in any of her 6 lifetime races and ran off like a wild horse, striding thru the wire like a grade 1 stakes filly.

This Legall guy may be a trainer to watch, obviously he's some kind of horse whisperer, this was a massive form reversal and a lot of people knew it in advance.

PaceAdvantage
04-25-2013, 12:30 AM
Probably found out how to make her run. There are plenty of ways to do that legally...trial and error...you know...tinker here and there...diet...massage...hind end work...dentistry...cure infections...ulcers...stuff like that...

It's not always shady stuff...don't get as cynical as me...it's not pretty...

MightBeSosa
04-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Fact is, this was a bad morning line, 20-1 and any handicapper who's been around more than 2 weeks should have had this as a live horse. Especially after the $$$ showed.

It was a terrible field of rats , and this horse had shown enough on the dirt to be a contender even WITHOUT a move up performance. Form was dirtied up by greenness the first few and the turf prep. Looked damn decent on the track as well.

Sure they bet with both hands, but there wasn't anything really hidden about it . The trainer angle was just the icing on a cake already baked.

Stillriledup
04-25-2013, 12:42 AM
Probably found out how to make her run. There are plenty of ways to do that legally...trial and error...you know...tinker here and there...diet...massage...hind end work...dentistry...cure infections...ulcers...stuff like that...

Absolutely. I'm not cynical, i'm pretty sure it wasnt anything shady, just a trainer to keep an eye on.

Striker
04-25-2013, 12:52 AM

In 14 days though? Horse raced April 7th under different trainer, raced for new trainer April 21st with no listed works in that 2 week period. Obviously doesn't mean the horse wasn't working or galloping, but it still is very eye catching for a trainer to win with his 1st horse he has put in the starting gate ever, at least according to equibase which has this as his only win and starter.

Stillriledup
04-25-2013, 01:04 AM
In 14 days though? Horse raced April 7th under different trainer, raced for new trainer April 21st with no listed works in that 2 week period. Obviously doesn't mean the horse wasn't working or galloping, but it still is very eye catching for a trainer to win with his 1st horse he has put in the starting gate ever, at least according to equibase which has this as his only win and starter.

I thought it was important to talk about this horse and this trainer considering it was his first starter and the horse got bet pretty hard for the situation.

Sosa says it was a field of rats, but this horse had run in fields of rats before and been 50-1 and never picked up her feet.

PhantomOnTour
04-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Doesn't anyone think the trainer's name is suspicious?

Ricardo Illegal?????

A guy shows up on the NY circuit with no training record and his name is Ricardo E Legall??
I'd like to know more about the owner, Joe Lowe

davew
04-25-2013, 01:33 AM
he could retire with a 100% win percentage

nijinski
04-25-2013, 01:40 AM
PP's say previously trained by Leslie Hinds . Could be assistant if the owner is the same , didn't check that on equibase . LLegal has no other starts listed .

Question is Hinds serving days?

redshift1
04-25-2013, 01:45 AM

Ricardo Illegal?????

A guy shows up on the NY circuit with no training record and his name is Ricardo E Legall??
I'd like to know more about the owner, Joe Lowe

Like the old law school joke about the bad check passer who always signed his checks Uben Tok.

massman
04-25-2013, 08:44 AM
The conspiracy theorist in me wants to say the trainer is someone who is banned. Richard E Legall? Pretty interesting name. Could it be any other Richard E we know? Or do we just take it at face value? The game is so screwed up I could believe nearly anything in this case.

lamboguy
04-25-2013, 09:20 AM

It's not always shady stuff...don't get as cynical as me...it's not pretty...i am working right now with a 4yo filly that ran 2 average races in Tampa. i sent her up north and the trainer went to work on her. she was hitting herself during her races, we tried corrective shoeing and that didn't help much. the trainer went to work on her neck. it seemed like her neck was slightly out of place and he gave her some chiropractic treatments with a pressure gun. she was so far off that the gun heated up and he had to get another gun. after 3 treatments she is now a different horse. she is not hitting any more, she ran in Tampa for $12,500 and $25,000 maidens. her next race will be in Presqe Isles in a MSW race that she will have a big shot at in my opinion. i am not there first hand to see it, my trainer is telling me this, but i have to believe him, he is winning at a 40% rate the last 5 years and this one won't be the first miraculous change that he has produced.

cj
04-25-2013, 09:54 AM
I thought it was important to talk about this horse and this trainer considering it was his first starter and the horse got bet pretty hard for the situation.

Sosa says it was a field of rats, but this horse had run in fields of rats before and been 50-1 and never picked up her feet.

Didn't the horse have the best last Beyer in the field? If so, that means this field of rats was much worse. I actually had this horse as a "double advantage", meaning its last two figures were better than any horse had run in its last two. The horse had also improved every time out number wise save the pulled up race, and obviously did again.

the little guy
04-25-2013, 11:07 AM
The horse's last race was a turf race ( it finished 10th ) which makes it irrelevent ( the Beyer was 26 if anyone cares ) and it's prior race it earned a 28 fig on dirt, which made it competitive here. Prior to that it received a 19 on dirt, was eased, and ran two straight negative zero Beyer figs.

PaceAdvantage
04-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Didn't the horse have the best last Beyer in the field? If so, that means this field of rats was much worse. I actually had this horse as a "double advantage", meaning its last two figures were better than any horse had run in its last two. The horse had also improved every time out number wise save the pulled up race, and obviously did again.Thanks for planting his feet on solid ground again... :lol:

castaway01
04-25-2013, 11:14 AM
The conspiracy theorist in me wants to say the trainer is someone who is banned. Richard E Legall? Pretty interesting name. Could it be any other Richard E we know? Or do we just take it at face value? The game is so screwed up I could believe nearly anything in this case.

I've called the law firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe. They're going to investigate this "E Legall" character.

MightBeSosa
04-25-2013, 12:20 PM
The name did strike me as humorous even before it won, but if you're thinking they made it up.

http://radaris.com/p/Ricardo/Legall/

massman
04-25-2013, 12:59 PM
I guess he is a real person with that link Sosa. Just makes me laugh. Yes Dewey Cheatum and Howe is quite the appropriate law firm. :lol:

Stillriledup
04-25-2013, 02:28 PM
The horse's last race was a turf race ( it finished 10th ) which makes it irrelevent ( the Beyer was 26 if anyone cares ) and it's prior race it earned a 28 fig on dirt, which made it competitive here. Prior to that it received a 19 on dirt, was eased, and ran two straight negative zero Beyer figs.

You also thought it was 'odd' the horse got bet off the board for a complete unknown and galloped.

Im not saying the horse had no chance, but to be 9-2 and win by almost double digits is kind of a massive improvement.

Her best Beyer was a 28. what was her Beyer in this win? Im guessing better than a 28.

Stillriledup
04-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Didn't the horse have the best last Beyer in the field? If so, that means this field of rats was much worse. I actually had this horse as a "double advantage", meaning its last two figures were better than any horse had run in its last two. The horse had also improved every time out number wise save the pulled up race, and obviously did again.

Her best lifetime Beyer was 28. The 5 horse had already shown Beyers in the 40s in her career including a 64 Beyer vs superior competition at Saratoga last August. The 9 horse had a 47 in her career. I'm not saying that she had no chance, but in her previous 5 starts, she was never remotely competitive for the win while running in this same class 4 times, she was never under 26-1 in any of her 6 lifetime starts and now she's 9-2 and wins by 8 under wraps?

The win was forseeable, but the way she did it and the money she took was a little odd in my opinion.

iceknight
04-25-2013, 04:00 PM

Ricardo Illegal?????

I'd like to know more about the owner, Joe Lowe I thought it was funny but I didn't comment on it earlier. I did some digging up and found out that Ricky Legall used to be an exercise rider in the nyra circuit (Stay thirsty, JW Blue and others). More about him here (http://sportoftheroyals.blogspot.com/2013/04/fun-thread-about-new-trainer-legall-on.html)

MightBeSosa
04-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Shouldn't be news to anyone here, but in case it is, the backside cashes regularly on information only they know. They also rip up tickets when it doesn't pan out.

The best putovers are the ones that don't generate threads.

That said, imo they took down half the pool.

cj
04-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Her best lifetime Beyer was 28. The 5 horse had already shown Beyers in the 40s in her career including a 64 Beyer vs superior competition at Saratoga last August. The 9 horse had a 47 in her career. I'm not saying that she had no chance, but in her previous 5 starts, she was never remotely competitive for the win while running in this same class 4 times, she was never under 26-1 in any of her 6 lifetime starts and now she's 9-2 and wins by 8 under wraps?

The win was forseeable, but the way she did it and the money she took was a little odd in my opinion.

I didn't ask about lifetime history, I asked about the last race. All those horses with bigger figures were looking worse currently. You really want go digging back three and four races for bottom statebred maiden claimers that couldn't repeat bigger figures when dropped? Good luck with that.

I think the 26 Beyer didn't matter much, but showing really good speed on turf against much better was a very good sign. It was a better effort than the previous 28 in my opinion.

The main thing to take out of this race is that it was as bad a field as you will ever see in New York.

the little guy
04-25-2013, 05:02 PM
CJ, I can't judge a turf route versus a dirt sprint.

I get that this horse made a lot more sense than 20:1. The winning as easily as it did is more what catches peoples' attention. If she won by two lengths, and paid $17, I don't think anyone would have given it much thought.

But, like you said, this was a VERY weak field. Bad horses win bad races.

Robert Fischer
04-25-2013, 05:11 PM
yea would've been nice to get 7,8-1 instead of 4.8-1 ... but based on class and improvement and some of the figs mentioned she figured with this group. Bet off-the-board hyperbole aside - Was 4th choice betting and $1 exacta over Fav. pays $21.

looks like a legal move up.

and I don't mean a 'Legall move up' or an 'E. Legall move up' ... ah forget it! :bang:

cj
04-25-2013, 05:13 PM
CJ, I can't judge a turf route versus a dirt sprint.

I get that this horse made a lot more sense than 20:1. The winning as easily as it did is more what catches peoples' attention. If she won by two lengths, and paid $17, I don't think anyone would have given it much thought.

But, like you said, this was a VERY weak field. Bad horses win bad races.

I agree mostly, but for cheap maidens and with pace figures, the horse made sense. The horse's half mile for me was a 77 figure, no other horse had higher than a low 50. That is a huge gap.

I guess my main point is this wasn't necessarily some put over by the connections. It was a bad field with a horse that made sense. The margin makes it look like a "they knew" situation, but I'm not sure that is really the case. Maybe they did know, but I prefer to avoid that kind of thinking.

I know one thing for sure, I wouldn't bet any horse coming out of that field in a maiden race in New York for the rest of eternity.

Stillriledup
04-25-2013, 09:34 PM
I agree mostly, but for cheap maidens and with pace figures, the horse made sense. The horse's half mile for me was a 77 figure, no other horse had higher than a low 50. That is a huge gap.

I guess my main point is this wasn't necessarily some put over by the connections. It was a bad field with a horse that made sense. The margin makes it look like a "they knew" situation, but I'm not sure that is really the case. Maybe they did know, but I prefer to avoid that kind of thinking.

I know one thing for sure, I wouldn't bet any horse coming out of that field in a maiden race in New York for the rest of eternity.

Maybe it was a bad ML and she was a legit 9-2 shot and she had nice pace figures and whatnut, but i can't remember too many horses who have a handful of lifetime starts, never take a dollar in any of the starts and then all of a sudden she's 9-2 and wins by daylight.

Its going to be interesting to see what this trainer does from here on in, he's 1 for 1 lifetime.

Stillriledup
05-21-2013, 09:10 PM

56 Beyer for the Win.

Stillriledup
05-21-2013, 09:11 PM

Two horses came out of this race to run 1-2 the other day (while 8 clear of the 3rd place finisher. Exa paid 125 clams)

Edward DeVere
05-23-2013, 03:18 AM
Amazing how exercise riders for the Dutrows have this magical touch when they turn to training. . . .

Stillriledup
05-23-2013, 03:22 AM
Amazing how exercise riders for the Dutrows have this magical touch when they turn to training. . . .

Interesting.

Edward DeVere
05-23-2013, 03:25 AM
Oh, and one other fun note re Dutrow exercise rider Ricky Legall: It's now ILLEGAL for RICKY Dutrow to train.

cj
05-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Two horses came out of this race to run 1-2 the other day (while 8 clear of the 3rd place finisher. Exa paid 125 clams)

And I didn't bet them.

MightBeSosa
05-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Interesting.

If a bit obvious.

Brogan
05-23-2013, 02:30 PM
i am working right now with a 4yo filly that ran 2 average races in Tampa. i sent her up north and the trainer went to work on her. she was hitting herself during her races, we tried corrective shoeing and that didn't help much. the trainer went to work on her neck. it seemed like her neck was slightly out of place and he gave her some chiropractic treatments with a pressure gun. she was so far off that the gun heated up and he had to get another gun. after 3 treatments she is now a different horse. she is not hitting any more, she ran in Tampa for $12,500 and $25,000 maidens. her next race will be in Presqe Isles in a MSW race that she will have a big shot at in my opinion. i am not there first hand to see it, my trainer is telling me this, but i have to believe him, he is winning at a 40% rate the last 5 years and this one won't be the first miraculous change that he has produced.
{emphasis added}
A 40% strike rate over a 5-year period? That must be some pressure gun he uses.

Stillriledup
09-15-2013, 01:49 PM

he found out how to make her run ONE time, and her races before and after are a joke. She can't run a yard in any class in NY and yet, there she was, winning a horse race by 9 lengths. Maybe she needs a new diet, and a new dentist.

Stillriledup
11-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Jealous! Back to the Big A and finishes 3rd!

Stillriledup
01-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Coming up in 10 mins at Big A!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgEQ3FzaS1U

iceknight
03-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Coming up in 5 mins at AQU R5 Program :7: JEALOUS

jk3521
04-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Look for this horse to hit the trifecta today. :cool: ;) Race 9

Stillriledup
04-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Look for this horse to hit the trifecta today. :cool: ;) Race 9

Good call. Take the 2 chalks over the 2 chalks over her and you hit a 62 dollar tri for 2 bucks in this shortened field. She ran well!

Stillriledup
05-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Running at Belmont in the 6th.

PhantomOnTour
12-15-2014, 02:14 PM
I am taking a shot with Jealous here in the 5th at Aqu at 19-1, and I'm actually going to publicly post that notion & risk embarrassment right here at PA :faint:

Lots of speed to set up his stalking style, can finish well when ready, rounding back in to form as the drop helped last out, positive jock switch, giving him a shot to hit the board.
Using in all slots under the 4-6-9 and a small win bet, but I think 19-1 is still a bit underlaid in this big field

Wish me luck :eek:

Stillriledup
12-15-2014, 02:17 PM
LATE SCRATCH...they scratched her and ran the race like 5 seconds later.

HOLD ALLLLLLL TICKETS!! :D

PhantomOnTour
12-15-2014, 02:17 PM
I am taking a shot with Jealous here in the 5th at Aqu at 19-1, and I'm actually going to publicly post that notion & risk embarrassment right here at PA :faint:

Lots of speed to set up his stalking style, can finish well when ready, rounding back in to form as the drop helped last out, positive jock switch, giving him a shot to hit the board.
Using in all slots under the 4-6-9 and a small win bet, but I think 19-1 is still a bit underlaid in this big field

Errrrrrks - scratched at the gate

In really like the #9 at 6-1 odds

Stillriledup
12-15-2014, 02:19 PM

She would have had a shot, the entire race collapsed, a dreadful horse with an odd looking jockey ran 3rd (not to mention a 2 for 77 trainer).

PhantomOnTour
12-15-2014, 02:21 PM
She would have had a shot, the entire race collapsed, a dreadful horse with an odd looking jockey ran 3rd (not to mention a 2 for 77 trainer).
Didn't have the winner anywhere on the canceled ticket so I doubt I would have hit it, unless she actually won

Stillriledup
12-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Didn't have the winner anywhere on the canceled ticket so I doubt I would have hit it, unless she actually won

I had a small super part wheel with her and the 10 to finish 4th, i got half my money back when she scratched, they ran the race so fast that i wasn't really able to rebet anything.....they must not need the money, i was going to rebet that scratched cash, they didnt want it! :D

Stillriledup
04-26-2015, 06:17 AM

Ricardo Legall back as trainer!

jk3521
04-26-2015, 08:17 AM
http://sportoftheroyals.blogspot.com/2013/04/fun-thread-about-new-trainer-legall-on.html

Stillriledup
06-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Ricardo Legall back as trainer!

Not to mention 5-1 jog burger this day.

You're welcome!!

On another note, jealous has found new lease on life at FL.

castaway01
06-16-2015, 06:08 PM
Not to mention 5-1 jog burger this day.

You're welcome!!

On another note, jealous has found new lease on life at FL.

Were you high when you posted this? What are you even talking about?

Stillriledup
06-16-2015, 09:07 PM
Were you high when you posted this? What are you even talking about?

What part of it don't you understand? Help me help you.

Stillriledup
11-22-2015, 03:02 PM
now Trained by legendary trainer Ramon Preciado, she's racing at Parx in a minute.