PDA

View Full Version : Churchill opening night

Al Gobbi
04-24-2013, 04:08 PM
small fields all over the card, probably going to get worse post Derby/Oaks. Took them until 3pm to fill the races.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorsemenAreaDownloadAction.cfm?sn=ONSC-CD-20130427D

sandpit
04-24-2013, 08:55 PM
I thought I was looking at a typical Hollywood Park card when I started scrolling through it. A $5K claimer only has eight and a maiden $10K has just nine??? that's ridiculous, both of those races should overfill. The only races with double digit entries are both turf maidens.

Hard to believe that the opening day at CD doesn't have one single full field. If you've looked at the condition book, they even have races written at alternate distances, which used to be scoffed at as something you only see at the lowest-level tracks.

And think about this, CD is planning on running an extra month in September this year last I heard.

duncan04
04-25-2013, 12:15 AM
I thought I was looking at a typical Hollywood Park card when I started scrolling through it. A $5K claimer only has eight and a maiden $10K has just nine??? that's ridiculous, both of those races should overfill. The only races with double digit entries are both turf maidens.

Hard to believe that the opening day at CD doesn't have one single full field. If you've looked at the condition book, they even have races written at alternate distances, which used to be scoffed at as something you only see at the lowest-level tracks.

And think about this, CD is planning on running an extra month in September this year last I heard.

Yeah they took those dates from Turfway because they said they could do better. At least Turfway had some full fields.