PDA

View Full Version : Single Pool Wagering coming to HK

Some_One
04-24-2013, 08:46 AM
http://racing.scmp.com/freeservice/news/news20130424d.asp

What single pool wagering does is combine all the betting pools on a race into one much larger pool, then reverse engineer the total market support to determine the payout across all types of bets.

The Jockey Club's average hold on a race is better than HK$100 million - with single pool wagering, that would become the same pool used to calculate dividends for your Trio bet or First Four bet, as well as your Win or Quinella, etc.

Obviously this wouldn't be feasible in the US due to its small pools, but will be fun to watch later this year

precocity
04-24-2013, 08:59 AM
how in the hell can I bet hong kong races, I know TS has japan starting at midnight sometimes.

Some_One
04-24-2013, 09:11 AM
there was something about letting internationals into their pools starting next season (Sept). Otherwise youll need a Aussie bookie.

davew
04-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Some big bettors/syndicates will not be pleased, as they are using the same ideas for cross pool arbitrage now.

Wasn't there a NJ company trying to get that into US markets / states, with the selling point of being able to sell tickets easier at more locations? like a lottery?

MightBeSosa
04-24-2013, 12:23 PM
This is going to be way over the heads of most, who barely understand the pools as they are now.

comet52
04-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Xpressbet had some HK races a few years back. I wrote them recently asking if they would ever get more and they referred me to Japan racing which they carry once in a while on a Saturday night.

Why they told me to go bet Japan when I asked for HK I don't know. But then I've never gotten much in the way of high level customer service from them.

bob60566
04-26-2013, 11:19 AM
I think we had the same thing about ten years ago with US & Cad pools for while it was intresting watching the different odds.