PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars

lamboguy
04-22-2013, 09:52 PM
television today is basically awful. the news channels on cable television are either biased or never tell the truth. the regular networks got the stupidest reality shows or scenes of violence.

you can watch Dancing With The Starts and see happy faces trying hard to win.
the guy that produced this shoe has hit it out of the park in my world. he has to have the top ratings for his time slot.

johnhannibalsmith
04-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Two things I detest - celebrities and dancing. I'd watch Maddow give Sharpton a lapdance while opining about gun control and homophobic racists before I could put up with dancing stars.

tucker6
04-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Two things I detest - celebrities and dancing. I'd watch Maddow give Sharpton a lapdance while opining about gun control and homophobic racists before I could put up with dancing stars.
... but how do you really feel ?? LOL

JustRalph
04-22-2013, 10:08 PM

I used to feel the same way. But watching the professionals is fun. Damn they are good.

I usually get a good dose of it while the wife is watching it. She tapes/DVR's it every week. I do like watching Kellie Pickler this season. She's come a long way from a broken home in Albemarle NC.

If you really want to be tortured, watch "The Housewives of Atlanta" :bang: :bang: the wife tapes that too......

cj's dad
04-23-2013, 12:37 AM
I used to feel the same way. But watching the professionals is fun. Damn they are good.

I usually get a good dose of it while the wife is watching it. She tapes/DVR's it every week. I do like watching Kellie Pickler this season. She's come a long way from a broken home in Albemarle NC.

If you really want to be tortured, watch "The Housewives of Atlanta" :bang::bang: the wife tapes that too. .....

Hopefully JR, you are not home when L is watching.

baconswitchfarm
04-23-2013, 12:41 AM
I never thought I would like it. It is fantastic, but I still hate to say it.

JustRalph
04-23-2013, 06:35 AM
Hopefully JR, you are not home when L is watching.

She loves watching me get up and leave the room.......

She thinks it's funny

BlueShoe
04-23-2013, 10:07 AM
When it comes to TV watching, this old contrarian is even more far out than he is on this forum. :D Have NEVER ever viewed any reality show, no interest at all. No American Idol, Survivor, DWTS, etc. Tube is tuned to news, sports, History Channel, NatGeo, Animal Planet, non drama things like that 90% of the time, perhaps only 10% drama programs. An occasional old movie, NCIS, and two new programs, The Americans, about the ^&%)!> Soviets, and Vegas, about LV in the 60's, are the only drama shows I care about. Oh yes, and of course, TVG. :D Is that reality, or would it fall under drama? :)

racko
04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
If the ladies on Dancing W S wore berkas the show would get no ratings. Bluetooth we hava alot in common. Watched Enemy at the Gates last night.

johnhannibalsmith
04-23-2013, 10:36 AM
... to news, sports, History Channel, NatGeo, Animal Planet, non drama things like that 90% of the time, perhaps only 10% drama programs. ...

I'm pretty much the same. I do admit that I will watch Survivor once in a while because I never saw it until a few years ago and happened upon it at a time when it was fairly entertaining. And okay, I've seen Wife Swap more than I should admit. And Pawn Stars. And Lockup... wait, maybe I watch more of that crap than I think... :D

BlueShoe
04-23-2013, 11:28 AM
And okay, I've seen Wife Swap more than I should admit.
Wife Swap? Is that about what it sounds like, or do I just have a rauncy mind? If it is, must have a MA rating and come on late at night after the kiddies are all in bed.

johnhannibalsmith
04-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Wife Swap? Is that about what it sounds like, or do I just have a rauncy mind? If it is, must have a MA rating and come on late at night after the kiddies are all in bed.

It's pretty tame actually, but the concept isn't far off from what you are thinking. :D

They get two families that live differently (think city dweller and a farmer) and swap up the spouses and send them to live with the other family for a week or something. For a few days the visiting wife has to live like the host family and then for a few days the host family has to live like the guest wife. It's cheesy and like most reality shows, probably 99% contrived, but it does get amusing from time to time when the Joisey fingernail queenie has to go milk the family cow or some such thing. Stupid as all hell, but in a "damn I'm bored and this isn't too bad" sort of way... :D

dartman51
04-23-2013, 01:36 PM

:lol: :lol: My sentiments exactly. The ONLY show that I will watch, that, I guess would be considered a reality show, is The Voice. Real talent, even in the auditions, unlike Idol. :ThmbUp:

Ocala Mike
04-23-2013, 02:03 PM
When it comes to TV watching, this old contrarian is even more far out than he is on this forum. :D Have NEVER ever viewed any reality show, no interest at all. No American Idol, Survivor, DWTS, etc. Tube is tuned to news, sports, History Channel, NatGeo, Animal Planet, non drama things like that 90% of the time, perhaps only 10% drama programs. An occasional old movie, NCIS, and two new programs, The Americans, about the ^&%)!> Soviets, and Vegas, about LV in the 60's, are the only drama shows I care about. Oh yes, and of course, TVG. :D Is that reality, or would it fall under drama? :)

I think this rates an OMG! My tastes are almost exactly those of BlueShoe (although I don't believe that Earth Day is a Bolshevik plot). One (or both) of us is in serious trouble, BlueShoe.

therussmeister
04-23-2013, 05:42 PM
When it comes to TV watching, this old contrarian is even more far out than he is on this forum. :D Have NEVER ever viewed any reality show
If reality was the slightest bit interesting, there would be no such thing as television.

BlueShoe
04-23-2013, 06:18 PM
I think this rates an OMG! My tastes are almost exactly those of BlueShoe (although I don't believe that Earth Day is a Bolshevik plot). One (or both) of us is in serious trouble, BlueShoe.
Take the positive view Mike, sometimes great minds think alike, even those that often have differing opinions on other issues.:) As for the Bolsheviks, well, on this I disagree. The communist world is very big on symbolism and hidden meanings. The fact that Earth Day also happens to be Vladimir Lenin's birthday, Imo, was not chosen by accident, but rather by design. Do not believe in coincidences in such matters.