PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine says Pandy saved his betting world

imofe
04-22-2013, 09:49 PM
I sat up with a friend that I have not seen since September betting Balmoral Saturday. He has always been a good handicapper but not quite good enough to make money at this game. I've known him for years and he keeps records and ends up very close to even in most years. In September he expressed his frustration and said he might quit betting.

When I saw him Saturday he said Pandy's Speed Shape System has changed his betting world. When he first started using it as a whole system it did not work out too well for him. A point here, a point there, and not knowing who to bet. Then, he said, he noticed that a lot of winners at good prices and short prices had form points. It did not matter how many form points, just form points. He says he has been making good money betting horses that have form points at fair odds.

I was scratching my head at the simplicity of what he was saying was working for him. But I kept an open mind because I have always known him to be very honest about his winners and losers.

In a nutshell
Rate the horse off the most recent start as long as it reflects an honest chance. Mostly class but some trips. If excused go back until you find that race. The contenders are the ones with form points in that race. Bet value. That is it. Now he does have a detailed list about class hikes and what jumps are too much and will eliminate based on driver choices.

I said, " no fractions and no final times." "Nope", he said.

He did plant three good winners on the card ($32.0 , $11.6, $18.6).

Now he did say it took a bit of research to see which tracks were best. At some tracks it was not successful. I also remember him as a slam your fist on the table guy after losing a photo. Not anymore. It is as if he expects to get it back in another race. Congrats Pandy. I have never seen this guy so happy and confident in all the years I've known him.

melman
04-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Good to hear Imofe. I've had more than my share of what I call "Pandys Dandys". His book now in ebook form is well worth the price. Not to mention his horses to watch list at drfharness.com. A little Miss Pinky Pie at $16.60 was not hard to take today at the Meadows.

pandy
04-22-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm glad your friend figured it out. He's a thinking man's handicapper. I always enjoy seeing how different people figure out their own way of using my methods.Thank you, both.

At some tracks time is more important than others. One of my customers contacted me recently raving about the BRT method from Trotpicks. He didn't mention what tracks he's been playing but obviously he is playing tracks where time does matter.

Balmoral is more of a "shape" track, which is great, a throw back to the good old days when you could just chart trips and bet the fit horses.

Sea Biscuit
04-25-2013, 05:28 AM
I am curious. Where can I read about this speed shape system?

pandy
04-25-2013, 07:34 AM
The Speed Shape Method is a Harness Racing Point System, paper and pen.

http://www.handicappingwinners.com/products.htm

mrroyboy
04-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Pandy
Not trying to hurt your business but I would recommend they should buy your book, Trotpicks first.

You book covers alot more material and form points etc,

pandy
04-25-2013, 12:06 PM
I couldn't disagree. The Trotpicks book garnered 11 reviews on Amazon and all of them are 5 stars (and I'm not related to any of them. :)

mrroyboy
04-25-2013, 05:08 PM
lol

Charlie
04-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Pandy
Not trying to hurt your business but I would recommend they should buy your book, Trotpicks first.

You book covers alot more material and form points etc,

I did just that. Loved "Trotpicks" and wrote about it on Amazon. Just today sent for the Speed Shape Method. Awaiting its arrival....

mrroyboy
04-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Good It should help you alot.

pandy
04-26-2013, 11:19 AM
I've been working on another thoroughbred book which I may put into the Speed Shape Point System Format.