PDA

View Full Version : Bush Kills EPA bid to ban MTBE

ljb
02-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Associated Press
Washington---
The Bush administration quietly shelved a proposal to ban a gasoline additive the contaminates drinking water in many communities, helping an industry that has donated more then $1 million to Republicans.

Secretariat
02-16-2004, 03:11 PM
LBJ,

Nobody here will deal with Bush and the environment. It's disgraceful.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2004, 03:45 PM
I don't notice anything different.....

And man, that global warming sure has done a number where I live lately....coldest January in 27 years!!

Dontcha love it when you see Kerry talking about global warming while everyone is bundled up to the hilt!!??

Tom
02-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Man, it is so cold here today, my globes almost froze off!:eek:

kenwoodallpromos
02-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Contract with Haliburton to get the MTBE out!

ljb
02-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Secretariat,
I know most of the rightys here don't give a darn about the environment. I just posted the story to make that point. They have all responded as expected. Damn the environment look at the bottom line.
I included a variation of this in my platform anouncement in my initial bid for a write in campaign for the Republican nomination.
I think I have Lefty's vote already. And Tom is waffling between me and David Berkowitz while Jr likes ollie North. PA has shown no preference yet methinks he is waiting to see which way the wind blows.

Secretariat
02-17-2004, 01:02 AM
LBJ,

Yeah, I know. The environment is something laughable that only liberals care about. I remember fishing streams when they were clean. Now they look like crap, and the fish are inedible. There's more PCP's in the air than ever. They don't see it, so it can't be there. Probably to them radiation is a myth. Can't see the lead and mercury in the water...oops, guess it's not there THese guys don't even know the SuperFund for clean up for toxic waste is gone and corps don't even have to clean up after themselves anymore. Even Reagan didn't let that die. Disgusting.

ljb
02-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Secretariat,
If you look at the big picture here you can see how this fits into their* grand scheme of things.
Contaminating the environment is something else they can leave to their* children and grandchildren just like the trillions of dollars in deficit spending and the hatred for Americans seen round the world. Unfortunately this legacy they* are leaving will also be left to the rest of the world.

* Denotes
Greedy
Old
Poops

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Who are you guys talking to?

All I said was global warming doesn't exist where I live, that's all.

Derek2U
02-17-2004, 08:36 PM
now what do u reallie know about Global Warming? about as
much as SUFF or BillW or Irish. but what you do is attract some
really good Cappers-Thinkers-Players. this years P4 contest is
more wicked than lasts. What do u guys, mostly regulars, think
about this years p4?

Tom
02-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ljb
... Unfortunately this legacy they* are leaving will also be left to the rest of the world.

* Denotes
Greedy
Old
Poops

You tell 'em. mentor.
Imaginge, trying to put mankind on the same level as spotted owls or whales! Those conservatives are whacked out on this one. Wait until you hear this one.....one of them actually told me that global warming over tha last 20 yuears is such a small sample size in the timeline of the world that no statistical significance can be placed on it! Ha! they are actually tryin gto use SCIENCE to evaluate political issues.
Boy, am I glad I was born again as a liberal before it was too late.
You keep 'em strainght, mentor. ;)

Secretariat
02-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Y Wait until you hear this one.....one of them actually told me that global warming over tha last 20 yuears is such a small sample size in the timeline of the world that no statistical significance can be placed on it! Ha! they are actually tryin gto use SCIENCE to evaluate political issues.

That's a good one Tom. But you might try checkign with those fellows going back to the 1800's. But you're right, in horse racing it helps to have thousands of samples in the database. Let's see 365 days times 100 years is only about 36500. Not enough to place a wager.

Secretariat
02-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Sorry, got off the thread there. Was just guzzling down some MTBE. Really packs a kick.

ljb
02-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Tom,
Many years ago, when you were probably only middle aged ;) .
A lady named Rachel Carson, I believe, wrote a book called "Silent Spring".
If you ever feel like taking another view of environmental concerns, you may want to read it.
"We All Live Downstream"

Tom
02-17-2004, 10:10 PM
Well, as a new liberal, I am not up on all the details yets, so help me along here. I thought books were no longer in vouque. Isn't it enough to post a link to make a point?
:confused:

ljb
02-17-2004, 10:30 PM
Tom,
I guess posting a link would suffice in some cases. However for complicated issues one should seek additional sources of insight. Including books, conferences with other members, and perhaps, in rare cases, counseling is required.

Tom
02-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Could you give the phone number of yours?

ljb
02-17-2004, 10:59 PM
I'll give you mine if you give me yours:D :D :D

Secretariat
02-18-2004, 11:15 PM
More wonderfuf environmental news for the Bush White House:

God, Lefty, when you have Nixon and Ford adminstration scientists complaining, something's wrong.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040218/pl_nm/science_bush_dc_5