PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Rodriguez Cleared

JJMartin
04-17-2013, 09:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/trainer-rudy-rodriguez-has-path-cleared-to-kentucky-derby--but-controversy-shows-underbelly-of-racing-010025257.html

crazybones
04-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Like Rudy. Gets the most out of his horses. "THEY" are making him a pariah like his mentor Rick Dutrow. "THEY" dont like it when someone else is winning.

Too bad Vyjack prob cant win the Derby. That Wood Mem race was not impressive. Verazzano will bleed many accts dry and Normandy Invasion is a mirage. I told some ppl that elsewhere and got unloaded on by certain ppl that cant face reality. Course my pick is Goldencents and I stand to lose A LOT :lol: if Verazzano or Normandy or Vyjack are the real deal :p

tzipi
04-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Like Rudy. Gets the most out of his horses. "THEY" are making him a pariah like his mentor Rick Dutrow. "THEY" dont like it when someone else is winning

He has the same win rates and training angles as Dutrow always had. Whenever Rudy wins and is in the winners circle I just think about Scooby Doo.

I always imagine Velma or Fred running up to Rudy and saying lets see who you really are?.......(rips of head mask)...."JEEPERS Rudy Rodriquez is actually old man Rick Dutrow!" :lol:

Stillriledup
04-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Like Rudy. Gets the most out of his horses. "THEY" are making him a pariah like his mentor Rick Dutrow. "THEY" dont like it when someone else is winning.

Too bad Vyjack prob cant win the Derby. That Wood Mem race was not impressive. Verazzano will bleed many accts dry and Normandy Invasion is a mirage. I told some ppl that elsewhere and got unloaded on by certain ppl that cant face reality. Course my pick is Goldencents and I stand to lose A LOT :lol: if Verazzano or Normandy or Vyjack are the real deal :p

I think they are the real deal, but the Derby is a unique race, on a tricky surface, with beefed up security that isnt equal to the security these horses received in their most previous starts. So, while the two V's are certainly "real deals" that doesnt mean they won't run up the track in a 20 horse field at a distance and surface (and crowd noise) they arent familiar with.

Winning or losing a bet on the 10 th race at Churchill on May 4th is going to require some luck (obviously) and a different way to think about the handicapping process....it certainly can't be handicapped like a normal race because of the "Detention barn" aspect. You have to factor in which trainers might be hurt or helped by this "drug free" race.