PDA

View Full Version : TrackMaster, anyone?

ranchwest
02-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Does anyone subscribe to TrackMaster PP data files?

socantra
02-16-2004, 01:56 PM
I use Trackmaster's pp files, as does everyone using the current Sartin programs, Synthesis & Validator series.

shanta
02-16-2004, 09:37 PM
yes i use the basic pp.exe files.
Richie

ranchwest
02-17-2004, 05:34 PM
shanta and socantra,

I sent you a PM.

MichaelNunamaker
02-24-2004, 02:43 AM
Hi Ranchwest,

I also use the Trackmaster PP data files.

Is there something you would like to know about them?

Rick
02-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Mike,

What's available with Trackmaster that isn't available elsewhere?

ranchwest
02-27-2004, 12:19 AM
Rick,

I think that it is just that the format is used by specific programs.

For me, it is just the format I started with, so I'm still using it. All of my home grown software is based on extractions from TrackMaster data files.

The data comes in as xBase files.

jk3521
02-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Guys,
Speaking of Trackmaster, has anyone had any experience ,good or bad, with any Trackmaster 3rd party soft ware, such as Duo- Pix, which says that it can handicap both thorobred and harness, Diamond System by Mr Pandolpho or Modern pace Handicapping software byTom brohammer?

norm f
03-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Ill use Tracmaster PP's only if im running my software as it only works with trackmaster,other than that, i wouldnt use Tm pp's if you gave me a free lifetime subscription,It doesnt aloow you to enlarge the writing unless of course you switch to landscape, and then you need a bundle of paper just for 1 program.Ive even asked if they could do something to enlarge the writing but they said the cant do it @ this time.Looking at the HPI and local ontario online programs , i dont see why trackmaster cant make them ledgable.

MichaelNunamaker
03-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi Rick,

You wrote "What's available with Trackmaster that isn't available elsewhere?"

IMHO, all the on-line data sources are roughly the same. Trackmaster has their power rating that you won't find elsewhere, but other places have their own ratings (e.g. BRIS has class ratings).

When I first started back in 1992, I used BRIS data. When I switched, it only took a few days, and had no material impact on the quality of my selections (the winning percent went down a tiny bit, but the ROI went up a tiny bit).

Rick
03-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Mike,

That's what I figured. Everyone's using the same information and arriving at roughly the same conclusions. I'd hoped that information from different sources would be relatively independent and might be combined with better results, but maybe not.

How's it going with 3 factor testing?

William
03-12-2004, 12:17 PM
I was a subscriber to Trackmaster several years ago and at tht time it had a routine that would convert it's files into Bris format files that you could then use for Software that would only use Bris. The routine worked fine but if there happened to be a #1 and #1A horse in the same race the horse's numbers were all thrown out of kilter and you would just have to key in on the names of the horses for your analysis. That was a big pain in one's posterior.

Does Trackmaster still have that file conversion software in their current Version and, if so, have they addressed that multiple entry situation?